Stupid pedestrians cross roads without looking

cllq

Slip road traffic lights are dangerous. Cyclists can pop out of nowhere.

Cam car shd hv slow down abit upon seeing the jaywalker.

Though illegal crossing like jay walking, etc is an traffic offense but heard from friends in blue, a motorist (of any vehicle tonnage) if you fail to keep a proper look out, it may also constitute an offense should accidents occurred. How true is it I don't know.

↡ Advertisement

"Fail to keep a proper lookout", a fav term in court, shd send chills down the spine of any motorist hitting a jaywalker or pedestrian having the right of the way at crossing.

Though illegal crossing like jay walking, etc is an traffic offense but heard from friends in blue, a motorist (of any vehicle tonnage) if you fail to keep a proper look out, it may also constitute an offense should accidents occurred. How true is it I don't know.

• Praise 3

best if LTA remove all zebra crossing and replace with traffic light, dame dangerous people just cross without looking out for traffic worst are bicycles who zoom by like its a straight road

Driving down river valley the other day (tons of jaywalkers), this one made my heart skip a beat. Driving around the corner taxi in front saw this lady start to walk backwards into the path of a suzuki, Kinda decide to veer away, horn, stop or what? It was a fleeting moment luckily the Suzuki saw and xiam her, I move towards the bus to give her some "room"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCVIa6O_bJ8&feature=youtu.be

"Fail to keep a proper lookout", a fav term in court, shd send chills down the spine of any motorist hitting a jaywalker or pedestrian having the right of the way at crossing.

As usual, drivers are always at "fault" ...

The Law should also penalise jaywalkers as well as those pedestrians that do not obey the law.....

After all, all road users, be it drivers or pedestrians, should obey the law and make our roads safe... This should be a concerted efforts from all parties, and not solely from drivers...

As much as we drivers constantly keeping a proper lookout for these errant pedestrians, these ppl knowingly know that we can't do them much except for the horns... and they will continue to just walk on their grandfather's roads....

Hopefully, SPF can come down hard on these errant ppl, and not just penalise us drivers alone...

As the saying goes, it takes 2 hands to clap

• Praise 1

best if LTA remove all zebra crossing and replace with traffic light, dame dangerous people just cross without looking out for traffic worst are bicycles who zoom by like its a straight road

Traffic light also no use. Even with the red man light on, people will cross like they cannot wait. It's worse if they are with children and making them cross with them. How to educate the young ones when the parents are teaching them the wrong way?

LTA should build road dividers with high fence and traffic lights only at main roads with heavy traffic which will give them no chance to cross when the red man light is on.

• Praise 1

Coming back to this topic, I would urge the relevant authority especially LTA to seriously consider installing center divider rail at all potential locations to deter any jaywalkings and to prevent any further incidents. How to do it, I leave to their professionals unless they want contributions from MCFers..

There was once a uncle cyclist cycling like he is on his old grandfather road in front of my car. I waited awhile for him to realize that I am behind but wonder why he didn't notice me at all. The next thing I did was to tap my horn which almost cause him to fall off his bicycle. So guilty!

Neutral Newbie

Just want to seek advice. My car was involved in an accident on Thursday morning with an old lady who was crossing the car park to go to the market. I was not able to see her and caused her to trip and fall. My car did not knock into her. She complained a sprain to her leg. So I brought her to the nearest clinic to see a doctor. The gp said it was not serious and gave her Panafon for the pain. So I sent her home. I gave her my number. On sat, she called and say tt she is still not able to walk cos her leg has no strength. And she wants me to go and bring her to have an X-ray done to make sure her leg is ok. is this normal to demand the car driver to bring her to have an X-ray done even when the doctor said she is ok? A police report was made on Thursday already. What should I do?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just want to seek advice. My car was involved in an accident on Thursday morning with an old lady who was crossing the car park to go to the market. I was not able to see her and caused her to trip and fall. My car did not knock into her. She complained a sprain to her leg. So I brought her to the nearest clinic to see a doctor. The gp said it was not serious and gave her Panafon for the pain. So I sent her home. I gave her my number. On sat, she called and say tt she is still not able to walk cos her leg has no strength. And she wants me to go and bring her to have an X-ray done to make sure her leg is ok. is this normal to demand the car driver to bring her to have an X-ray done even when the doctor said she is ok? A police report was made on Thursday already. What should I do?

if your car did not knock her down,why was a police report made and why did you even give her your hp number ? I realise that you took her to the clinic out of goodwill but it does not sound like an RTA.

Edited by shrjun

Neutral Newbie

if your car did not knock her down,why was a police report made and why did you even give her your hp number ? I realise that you took her to the clinic out of goodwill but it does not sound like an RTA.

What is RTA? I made the police report on the advice of the doctor who saw her. Although my car didn't knock her, she fell in her hurry to get out of the way. My hp number was given to her cos she asked for it in case got anything. Shld I bring her to see X-ray and pay for her?

• Praise 1

What is RTA? I made the police report on the advice of the doctor who saw her. Although my car didn't knock her, she fell in her hurry to get out of the way. My hp number was given to her cos she asked for it in case got anything. Shld I bring her to see X-ray and pay for her?

RTA = Road Traffic Accident . I would think that there is no reason to take her for X-rays or pay any fees as you did not hit her . You might feel sorry for her but the very fact that you are apparently being penalised by this lady makes me think that a lawyer's letter might follow! Be careful...

• Praise 1

RTA = Road Traffic Accident . I would think that there is no reason to take her for X-rays or pay any fees as you did not hit her . You might feel sorry for her but the very fact that you are apparently being penalised by this lady makes me think that a lawyer's letter might follow! Be careful...

Even if you did not hit someone directly, it does not mean you did not cause that accident.

• Praise 2

Even if you did not hit someone directly, it does not mean you did not cause that accident.

yup,I do agree.It's just the way the story is being dragged out by the ' victim ' that something does not seem right.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3