Stupid pedestrians cross roads without looking

cllq

yup,I do agree.It's just the way the story is being dragged out by the ' victim ' that something does not seem right.

Yeah, best way is to report insurance about this. They may increase premium, but at least won't be worrying about the old lady problems for long term. I mean who know how long more it takes to recover from her injury. After x ray, then go MRI and ct scan? Easy 2k gone and many hours to drive her here and there. Insurance increase also lose about 2k estimated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Thanks everyone for the advice. The latest news was that the old lady went to a chinese sinseh to see and tell me to pay for it. :( She said after this, she won't call me anymore.

She revealed to me tt it was her boss who told her to have an X-ray done, paid by me. The thing is she is living with her brother who is not back from overseas yet. Who knows when the brother got something to say again?

• Praise 3

'Bird-brained' jogger gets knocked down after dashing across road -- but has the cheek to scold driver-

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/bird-brained-jogger-gets-knocked-down-after-dashing-across-road-but-has-the-cheek

that's why when you see danger, should just honk. let everyone around you know.

jogger was a dick though. sadly, he's protected by the law since cars are always at fault when a collision happens between a pedestrian and a car

• Praise 2

'Bird-brained' jogger gets knocked down after dashing across road -- but has the cheek to scold driver-

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/bird-brained-jogger-gets-knocked-down-after-dashing-across-road-but-has-the-cheek

I bet the jogger must be shouting to the driver "It was still flashing green when I crossed. I had THE RIGHT OF WAY!". Sadly, there are seemingly-intelligent adults in Singapore who care more about right or wrong than life or death.

• Praise 4

No argument - driver will be penalised. Still flashing green when the jogger was knocked.

The other car on the right stopped, maybe the view was blocked but will still be charged if jogger complained!

• Praise 4

Supersonic

In my book, the driver is almost completely in the wrong here. Yes, the jogger was an idiot for crossing on a flashing green man, but it still was a flashing *green* man. The driver is expected to give way.

Of course, drilling for the real root cause of this sort of thing is complicated. It's some combination of:

- impatience in all road users

- piss-poor design of roads - turning right into the face of crossing pedestrians is a recipe for disaster

- piss-poor scheduling of pedestrian crossing lights - notice how many lights in Singapore almost immediately transition to a flashing green man after a very brief solid green man. It's simply impossible to strictly obey the "don't start crossing on flashing green" in these cases - you'll never get across!

• Praise 2

Coming back to this topic, I would urge the relevant authority especially LTA to seriously consider installing center divider rail at all potential locations to deter any jaywalkings and to prevent any further incidents. How to do it, I leave to their professionals unless they want contributions from MCFers..

Building divider rail also no use. Even secondary school students and adults also cross the road like they own the road. As the law always like to use the term "didn't keep a proper lookout" and didn't even bother to put the blame on the jaywalker (unless you're a super "elite"), drivers will always at fault even when they hit jaywalker.

I'll go get the video which show how secondary school students and adults cross the road even when centre divider rail is installed.

• Praise 2

Mercs, on 02 Apr 2015 - 2:36 PM, said:snapback.png

http://singaporeseen...t-has-the-cheek

In my book, the driver is almost completely in the wrong here. Yes, the jogger was an idiot for crossing on a flashing green man, but it still was a flashing *green* man. The driver is expected to give way.

Of course, drilling for the real root cause of this sort of thing is complicated. It's some combination of:

- impatience in all road users
- piss-poor design of roads - turning right into the face of crossing pedestrians is a recipe for disaster
- piss-poor scheduling of pedestrian crossing lights - notice how many lights in Singapore almost immediately transition to a flashing green man after a very brief solid green man. It's simply impossible to strictly obey the "don't start crossing on flashing green" in these cases - you'll never get across!

Totally NO BRAINS, Birds also got some brain.

This STUPID jogger, wearing DARK clothes, in the NIGHT, DASHes across with green man FLASHING almost turning to red.

I'm not saying the car driver is absolved of fault.

Jog to live longer healthy life in a COMA? STUPID Rush to Die.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Definitely the driver fault. The green man was still flashing when the jogger ran across the road.

• Praise 4

(edited)

This is the type of junctions whereby many accidents have happened - drivers will be watching for oncoming traffic and not whether any pedestrian crossing. In my opinion, if it is right of way for pedestrians, it should just be a red right turn arrow. No doubt not very efficient, it will definitely save many lives.

Drive safely!

Edited by Wolfverine
  • Praise 3