Stupid pedestrians cross roads without looking

cllq

As usual, drivers are always at "fault" ...

The Law should also penalise jaywalkers as well as those pedestrians that do not obey the law.....

After all, all road users, be it drivers or pedestrians, should obey the law and make our roads safe... This should be a concerted efforts from all parties, and not solely from drivers...

I think jaywalking is ok, but must use brain to jaywalk and most importantly, when jaywalking, don't play HP or be blur and block or obstruct vehicles.

What would be better (IMHO) is that if law changes so that if someone jaywalks and kena bang, the driver is not automatically penalised, and the pedestrian is made to pay for damages too. That way, less yaya-papaya attitude among the jaywalkers. (Though unintended consequence could be more reckless driving).

Sadly, there are seemingly-intelligent adults in Singapore who care more about right or wrong than life or death.

Agreed... Need to kena bang, feel the pain, then they realise that having the right of way means nuts when they're immobile in a hospital bed, in a shitload of pain.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just 1 hour ago, I was making a right turn while watching for oncoming traffic and a boy crossing the road at a large cross junction.

I think school must be very difficult now as the boy seemed to be talking and motioning as he crossed, albeit slowly.

There I was stressing out for oncoming traffic and watching this boy display an imaginary conversation with Professor Snufferlafgalous while crossing the road.

I regret trying to make this turn, I should have just waited in the pocket until the green arrow shows up or that the pedestrians are done crossing.

At least if I collide I will have peace of mind that I did not cause the accident.

The worst enemy is my conscience. It always wins with torture.

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 3

Drivers, just be careful and drive safely. Don't speed across junction or try to beat the yellow light and I can guarantee u, there will be a lot less accidents.

Pedestrians, pls walk like the Road is a Tiger Mouth (Literal Translation), even if the lights are in your favour, check out for reckless drivers, esp taxi drivers and lorry drivers. I have personally encountered many of them ignoring the green man and trying to speed past the pedestrians crossing the road.

An accident always needs "Two hands to clap", a reckless driver and a careless pedestrian.

• Praise 1

Sorlie, sorlie for my assumption [:p]

Cam car coming in abit fast.

luckily cam car is alert as he wanna to turn left at the junction with the left turn arrow on .

• Praise 2