In-Car Camera Installation

Sparcoray

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anyone using T5 Logon Car Camera? Recentally installed the camera and have been hearing a notification sound. Seems to be random and somewhat irregular -- it occurs both when I am driving and when my vehicle is not moving. Anyone else encountered the same issue after installing this camera? Trying to find out what's the cause of the notification sound.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
Step 1: Cutting a Hole in the Bumper.

Step 2: Installing the Camera.

Step 3: Connect Power to the Camera and Monitor.

Step 4: Routing the Video Cable to the Monitor.

Step 5: Install the Monitor and Enjoy.

The BlackVue HD + WiFi front camera will mount directly under your rear-view mirror. Two cables will attach to the camera 

1) A power supply cord 

2) A cable that connects the front camera with the rear camera. If you chose to go with the 12V plug-n-play solution that I wrote about, then the path to route cables is towards the driver’s side of the vehicle. If you decide to use the 12V cigarette lighter outlet then you can run the power cable in any direction that you see fit

STEP 1 – GAIN ACCESS

STEP 2 – RUN CABLES TO BLACKVUE FRONT HD DASHCAM

STEP 3 – MOUNT BLACKVUE FRONT HD DASHCAM

STEP 4 – ROUTE CABLE TO REAR DASHCAM

STEP 5 – ATTACH REAR VIEW CAMERA

STEP 6 – POWER UP AND CONFIGURE

Agree.

I got my blackvue 650 front and back from Authorised Dealer and paid $40 for installation. If u do get a reputable set, just ask them to install. Cheaper in the long run than getting it off the shelf and installing it separately.

If fault happens, they are still obliged to help you troubleshoot.

But if you get those cam that doesnt require complex wiring to fuse box or battery, might as well diy thEn.

Hi my car comes with model 590, and I wish to upgrade to 650. Anyone knows of any reliable workshop that will take in the 590 model and charge the top up for 650 installation?

Hi, I provide car cam installation at Ayer Rajah Crescent. Mobile installation also have. If interested can contact me at 97948532. Tks!

Hi, do you take back in car cam and allow for top up to install blackvue 650 2CH?

Hello Guy 

My front cam died on me this morning after 4 years. 

After much reading, I am down to the following brands 

BlackVue 

i-road 

Thinkware 

Any good recommendation ? 

Also , should I buy on my own let them install or one-stop solution , buy from the shop include installation 

Thank you in advance 

P/S - Dont need high-end just regular cam that can do recording will do 

Hello Guy 

My front cam died on me this morning after 4 years. 

After much reading, I am down to the following brands 

BlackVue 

i-road 

Thinkware 

Any good recommendation ? 

Also , should I buy on my own let them install or one-stop solution , buy from the shop include installation 

Thank you in advance 

P/S - Dont need high-end just regular cam that can do recording will do 

Won't go wrong with any of these brands. It is better to buy and install at the same place to get a better assurance that what you pay is a working product (the installer is also more motivated to do it properly), unless you can get a very good deal in buying separately. Sometimes, if unlucky, the installer may blame the product as faulty even if it is due to their installation fault. 

In general, iRoad would be the cheapest, while BlackVue is seen as the nicest in design. 

Won't go wrong with any of these brands. It is better to buy and install at the same place to get a better assurance that what you pay is a working product (the installer is also more motivated to do it properly), unless you can get a very good deal in buying separately. Sometimes, if unlucky, the installer may blame the product as faulty even if it is due to their installation fault. 

In general, iRoad would be the cheapest, while BlackVue is seen as the nicest in design. 

Well said.  Spot on 

Indeed , it is better to buy and let them install so as one takes all responsibility. 

I have since spoken to the engineer from Blackvue , based on my requirement, he recommended DR590 W - with wifi option 

So now that I have nailed this one, I will shop around for good deal . 

Lately , there been much turbulence in the market,  1st COE for CAT A ...... last nite ABSD.  An agent friend of mine worked till 4am, not sure he sold how many units in Park Colonial , but he said, last nite TP were VERY busy issuing tickets to illegal parking ........

Oh well , what is a parking ticket vs 5% ( $1 mil property means $50k ) 

Well said.  Spot on 

Indeed , it is better to buy and let them install so as one takes all responsibility. 

I have since spoken to the engineer from Blackvue , based on my requirement, he recommended DR590 W - with wifi option 

So now that I have nailed this one, I will shop around for good deal .

Any reason why you choose DR590? Have you heard of any heat issue is open parking throughout the day? Thanks.

Any reason why you choose DR590? Have you heard of any heat issue is open parking throughout the day? Thanks.

No specific reason.  Just that after reading, it fits my criteria that all.  

I hasnt read about the heat issue.  You speaks from experience ? 

Thank you for highlighting .

Someone did point me to i-road though 

No specific reason.  Just that after reading, it fits my criteria that all.  

I hasnt read about the heat issue.  You speaks from experience ? 

Thank you for highlighting .

Someone did point me to i-road though

What I understand is the earlier version is Blackvue has heat issues...I mean way earlier....haven't use one since then. The newer ones should be better but coz now at work we are forced to park at open space, just want to see if anyone have heat issues.

• Praise 1

What I understand is the earlier version is Blackvue has heat issues...I mean way earlier....haven't use one since then. The newer ones should be better but coz now at work we are forced to park at open space, just want to see if anyone have heat issues.

My 1st Blackvue has heat issue.

2nd Blackvue no heat issue.

Use iRoad. Am using the V9 for close to 3 years. No problem so far.

Anyway , thanks for highlighting this concern