SingPost: Next Gen post office coming

Camrysfa

Canada may end door-to-door delivery of mail.

What can the postmen do to earn their pay?

Edmonton postal workers may sell bus passes, report potholes in pilot project

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/30/edmonton-postal-workers-may-sell-bus-passes-report-potholes-in-pilot-project

EDMONTON - Postal workers could start reporting potholes, messy yards and burned out street lights as part of a new City of Edmonton pilot project.

Council’s community services committee voted Monday to move forward with a plan to have Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) employees make reports using the city’s 311 app.

Council wrote to Canada Post in June expressing concerns with its plan to end door-to-door delivery, and will send another letter to CEO Deepak Chopra stating that the city is willing to explore the expansion of roles for letter carriers.

CUPW put forth numerous proposals of added services, including selling bus passes and pet licences at doors and providing wellness checks on people who have trouble leaving home

↡ Advertisement

anyone ever collected controlled items from post office HQ ?

What controlled items?

You have to declare what you are shipping. If it's restricted you can't even ship it, don't mention about collecting it in the first place.

Twincharged

You check out their website. There's a list of what you cannot ship. Weapons I believe is one of them.

not a weapon to me lah ... the ads says it can be used to break the car glass in case of emergency and a hiking/walking aid.

and anyway, the webby says not controlled as long as don't use to beat ppl. LOL !!

Edited by Ysc3

an extendable nightstick

yah it is a weapon by definition, confirm cannot. Get a walking stick, they serve the same purpose   [laugh]

• Praise 1

not a weapon to me lah ... the ads says it can be used to break the car glass in case of emergency and a hiking/walking aid.

and anyway, the webby says not controlled as long as don't use to beat ppl. LOL !!

I think they have a customer hotline. Just call and double check.

• Praise 1

went down yesterday ... asked me to open the package ...

the guy wearing ICA jacket then told me the item will need to send to Cantonment police station for police clearance and if I want to collect it got to go there.

I just told them to forget it and return to the sender.

the guy wearing ICA jacket then told me the item will need to send to Cantonment police station for police clearance and if I want to collect it got to go there.

What did you bought?

• Praise 1

What was inside?? They might be just doing random spot check;

Even sea shipment (full container) also once in a while we kenna customs spot check; that one lagi waste time and after open the doors...look see/kaypoh a little bit  to show they are working ....... they go back and I kenna pay some money to my forwarder to  "facilitate/standby fee"  the customs transport; cant remember the amount must have been about $50 to $100; Last 2 years I have not kenna before

and after a few days they (GST approving Permit Body) will send email to ask for Copy Documents like Invoice, Packing List and Bill of Lading for verification      

• Praise 2

I read:

HDB letterbox - literally locked (including self) and ONLY postman got access. This is to ensure only designated letters are received. However, many complain that they still receive junk mails (fliers, advertisements & products brochures).

Only when you register NO JUNK MAIL but still there are a few that still escape the BLOCK. 

Questions:

1. It seems Postal Service is trying to monopolized the JUNK MAIL Market in HDB?

2. Why NO JUNK MAIL registered BUT got a few that got through - advertisers PAID MORE?

Anybody working in the Postal Service

• Praise 1

I read:

HDB letterbox - literally locked (including self) and ONLY postman got access. This is to ensure only designated letters are received. However, many complain that they still receive junk mails (fliers, advertisements & products brochures).

Only when you register NO JUNK MAIL but still there are a few that still escape the BLOCK. 

Questions:

1. It seems Postal Service is trying to monopolized the JUNK MAIL Market in HDB?

2. Why NO JUNK MAIL registered BUT got a few that got through - advertisers PAID MORE?

Obviously right.... they pay SINKpost, it is no longer junk mail, it's a letter..... 

They should just revert back to State own and provide basic service, to ensure mail arrived on time every time.... they cannot even get the basic right want to go into other non related stuff...$$$ transfer, sell concert ticket, sell greeting cards, sell insurance.... next time sell property, Sell Cars, sell handpone, sell 4D, sell ice cream... knn....

• Praise 1

Just opted for the no junk mail recently. Took 1 week to get a response from the CSO saying they are looking into my request. Then 1 week later to get a reply that my request has been completed. Either they are really too swarmed with requests, or they are just damn inefficient.

I read:

Questions:

Why are you complaining? Singaporeans love junk mail.

Singpost say one.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/you-ve-got-junk-mail-singpost-says-most-residents-welcome-advert-7705608

↡ Advertisement