Goodyear Assurance TripleMax

Hanan_ho

no la... i just bought this new sets of tyres. i am registering this and who knows one day we may need to claim.

Noted.. Thanks for the update :)

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys

Any feed back on these tyres ?

Very Good in wet + quite a quiet/comfort tyre but if u looking for performance. Better put it a pass. Cornering is bad and tyre/rubber start to peel off on the edge after 15k km. Im on this tyre for 1 year/40k km, just change it to other brand. You can get a better tyre with the same price. hope its help.

• Praise 2

Fuel efficient tires you don't expect much.... if you are not aggressive driver normal use should be alright. The tires did not even state any Silica compound added to the rubber which helps greatly in wet conditions.

• Praise 1

Hi Guys

Any feed back on these tyres ?

my brother use this tyre...good on rainy days and excellent in braking...not so noisy

thinking of getting this or maybe the conti

• Praise 1

With reference to the Goodyear meet up on 28-9-2014………….I notice that many of the members whom attended the MU were interested in the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax tyre (myself included)…………

Goodyear and the distributors are generous enough to offer us a discount for those interested ………I believe most …….if not all of us would have taken up the offer…………I took up the offer and had my tyre replaced on Monday………together with new alignment done……. [thumbsup]

In response to the goodwill …………….I am starting this thread to discuss the pros and cons so that other members who may be interested may find some reference from here………. [cool]

May I request that we keep the discussion solely to the Assurance TripleMax………..there are other threads for the other tyre and let’s not mix them all up………….

So those bro/sis whom have try this tyre…………come in and share your thoughts…………

I find TripleMax the best all round tyre I have used so far………… Compare to other tyre in the same price range (before discount)

Very quiet ……( my engine is quite noisy and I usually can still hear tyre noise…….but this time rd only can hear engine sound)

Comfortable and yet can still feel the road…….(a good choice for long distance driving up north)

Very good dry grip………..( tried braking at 140km/h on PIE at night when I just gotten the tyre, brakes a lot better than my last set of tyre)

Fantastic wet grip ………( this is the most important factor I look for in my purchase…. tried running through a pool of water and it still brakes well……….very confident tyre for raining season)

Handles very well…………..( I took the bend at 70km/h from PIE changi into AYE changi at clementi ave 6 ……and did the same on the way back……….the car stays in lane and the tyre feel stick to the floor………..the only other tyre I can do this was the KU31)

Don’t know about the fuel saving thingy because I don’t really monitor my FC……….but I tend to rev a little more with this new set of shoes knowing that I can brake in time…….….and it seem like FC not affected…….no change in distance travel before I need to fill up………..

Don’t know how lasting will these be……………but I would be quite happy if they can last me 40000km -50000km………..I usually change tyre between 40k-50K anyway……….

Given the price and features…………..I don’t think I have try anything close to what the TripleMax can offer …………I was very impressed with the KU31 in term of price and performance until I met TripleMax………. now I take the TripleMax over KU31 any day……….

Let me drive ard a little more and see if there is anything negative I can share as well……..till then I am hook on this tyre…..

So those who are using it now ………….or have use it before…………please come in and share your experience on the TripleMax…….. Looks like Goodyear just hook themselves a return customer in me for my next set of tyre…….

May …..or…. any of the Goodyear ppl………….if you happen to read this……….I wish you can sweeten the next deal for us as well……….(hopefully I am not asking for too much)……… [:p] [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

some pictures i took to share.....

post-65783-0-07602100-1414035241_thumb.jpg

post-65783-0-05212600-1414035261_thumb.jpg

post-65783-0-92196700-1414035280_thumb.jpg

post-65783-0-23354900-1414035299_thumb.jpg

post-65783-0-30470100-1414035316_thumb.jpg

post-65783-0-30159800-1414035331_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Actually, I am on this tyre since last December. And I drive a Mazda. I could be mascot for the last 2 MCF GTGs sia lol.

Anyways, in general a good tyre. But one instance made me chua sai. I had to do a real life moose test. I think a combination of soft sidewalls and shock made the car sway side to side like an inverted pendulum for a while after the maneuver. Luckily no cars were beside me. Took a few seconds to recover the car.

• Praise 1

Wah, open thread to announce to the world that you are speeding [laugh]

no mah.................test test mah............new shoes excited lor......... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Actually, I am on this tyre since last December. And I drive a Mazda. I could be mascot for the last 2 MCF GTGs sia lol.

Anyways, in general a good tyre. But one instance made me chua sai. I had to do a real life moose test. I think a combination of soft sidewalls and shock made the car sway side to side like an inverted pendulum for a while after the maneuver. Luckily no cars were beside me. Took a few seconds to recover the car.

what happen sia????...............

I had the same issue many years back with my rover 416...........did a last minute exit from CTE into Clemenceau Ave......almost lost control of the car.............later realize tyre botak......... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

what happen sia????...............

I had the same issue many years back with my rover 416...........did a last minute exit from CTE into Clemenceau Ave......almost lost control of the car.............later realize tyre botak......... [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Fugger decided to change lane when I was beside him. At AYE Alexandra exit. I was on left most lane liao. After that he changed back out and run. NB

Fugger decided to change lane when I was beside him. At AYE Alexandra exit. I was on left most lane liao. After that he changed back out and run. NB

never chase him 30KM and F him ah???................ [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

Saw your review on product guide:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=8863

You drive Chevrolet Optra meh?

Thought you drive Bimmer one? [laugh]

since open thread might as well write a review at sgcarmart lor.............and guess what..........I received 2 bonus points for the review leh...........tan tio.........write review got points take why never say ah......... [laugh] [laugh]

I am poor old man waiting to collect CPF..............where got money drive Bimmer......... [bigcry] [bigcry]

Edited by Tianmo