3rd party insurance claim

cllq

Hello fellow formers,

Have a question that is running in my mind.. Few days back, I was involved in a 3 car collision along SLE otw to work. Did my usual reporting and will be claiming the van who hit my rear and causing me to hit a taxi. My damage was the biggest compared to the other 2.

Car has been repaired, then today I receive a call from the lawyer office asking me to bring my medical bills to the office. Since I have passed to the workshop, is there still a need to go? Just feeling very weird.. Called up workshop, they said probably sign some documents..

Anyone has similar experience that they can share?? Cause it's my first time involved in such an accident... Hope u guys can enlighten me.... Thanks

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Well... Glad that the accident is not very serious, 人没事就好!

As for the claiming, hope that those guru or those MCF bros/sis who r experienced in this area can assist you.

Bump for you !

• Praise 1

Hello fellow formers,

Have a question that is running in my mind.. Few days back, I was involved in a 3 car collision along SLE otw to work. Did my usual reporting and will be claiming the van who hit my rear and causing me to hit a taxi. My damage was the biggest compared to the other 2.

Car has been repaired, then today I receive a call from the lawyer office asking me to bring my medical bills to the office. Since I have passed to the workshop, is there still a need to go? Just feeling very weird.. Called up workshop, they said probably sign some documents..

Anyone has similar experience that they can share?? Cause it's my first time involved in such an accident... Hope u guys can enlighten me.... Thanks

The lawyer is engaged by the workshop. The lawyer is asking you to go to their office to sign Warrant to Act / Letter of Authorization for his firm to make 3rd party claims (injury/property) on your behalf.

Do take note to read carefully any clauses (especially on fees) if there are any imposed by the lawyer firm.

• Praise 2

The lawyer is engaged by the workshop. The lawyer is asking you to go to their office to sign Warrant to Act / Letter of Authorization for his firm to make 3rd party claims (injury/property) on your behalf.

Do take note to read carefully any clauses (especially on fees) if there are any imposed by the lawyer firm.

There is a clause on the fee... 15% or max cap at $350. What do u think?

Hello fellow formers,

It is compulsory because workshop cannot claim for your injury. Injury claims can only be raise by law firms. 15% solicitor and client costs is compulsory by law society which is deductible from your injury claim upon settlement of your claim. No need to worry. All these are standard procedures. Usually law firm will advise you on the case and duration. Mostly straight forward cases will take 3-6 months to conclude.

It is by law that they need you to attend to the law firm to sign the Warrant to Act etc... also for short interview for them to understand the case better from you. For those law firms that play cheat they just send the documents to you to sign... Wrong way ... Unless it is in the circumstances where you were badly injured, unable to move about or hospitalize den they might arrange to see you at home or hospital. Other than that all legal documents to be signed in law firm.

• Praise 2

Hello fellow formers,

WS never tell u how to claim for General Pain & Sufferings?

Normal 2 days MC can get $4k cash already.

What happen was, young chap parking the car and hit my BIL’s stationary car.

Young chap claimed he don’t have any ID with him and my SIL had to call TP down for assistances.

TP took down the guy’s details and found to be correct and all exchange particulars and left.

The next day, young chap’s father say he will not pay for the damages his son had caused. Saying carpark no right, no wrong.

Then I told my SIL & BIL to see a GP and hope that they will have MC for more than 3 days.

Unfortunately, only 2 days but enough to seek compensation from the other’s party insurer.

Claim for property damage was successful as was as general pain and suffering.

SIL got $4k while BIL got $2.8k.

Now the other driver is claiming to share 50% of my SIL’s compensation on terms that my BIL has some liability with the accident as well.

And I think my BIL’s insurance accepted the sharing of my SIL’s compensation as it’s too costly to fight legal terms.

Insurance are the same, birds of feathers flock together.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

What happen was, young chap parking the car and hit my BILs stationary car.

Young chap claimed he dont have any ID with him and my SIL had to call TP down for assistances.

TP took down the guys details and found to be correct and all exchange particulars and left.

The next day, young chaps father say he will not pay for the damages his son had caused. Saying carpark no right, no wrong.

Then I told my SIL & BIL to see a GP and hope that they will have MC for more than 3 days.

Unfortunately, only 2 days but enough to seek compensation from the others party insurer.

Now the other driver is claiming to share 50% of my SILs compensation on terms that my BIL has some liability with the accident as well.

And I think my BILs insurance accepted the sharing of my SILs compensation as its too costly to fight legal terms.

For $7k claims, lawyer fee gonna cost more than that. How to fight? Not forgetting 5 figure court fee.

Young chap claimed he don’t have any ID with him and my SIL had to call TP down for assistances.

TP took down the guy’s details and found to be correct and all exchange particulars and left.

The next day, young chap’s father say he will not pay for the damages his son had caused. Saying carpark no right, no wrong.

Unfortunately, only 2 days but enough to seek compensation from the other’s party insurer.

Now the other driver is claiming to share 50% of my SIL’s compensation on terms that my BIL has some liability with the accident as well.

And I think my BIL’s insurance accepted the sharing of my SIL’s compensation as it’s too costly to fight legal terms.

I was told abt the general pain n suffering claims. But i only had 1 day mc given. The pain on lower back came 2-3 days later. Total i went A&E 2 times. But now, I am seeing a chiropractor of my own, coz the hospital appt is very slow. Signed a package of 20 session which is about $65/ session.

visited hospital today, doctor recommended physiotherapy. I juz wonder how long this will drag.

just claim. If the treatment is on-going, just use an estimate for y years x sessions x $/session, then top up a bit as a total claimed amount. Attached all photocopies of current invoices and better if can ask doctors to give letter stating the condition and treatment schedules.

Not sure about now. Last time, I DIY claim 3rd party without going through lawyer for medical, pain and sufferings...

I was told abt the general pain n suffering claims. But i only had 1 day mc given. The pain on lower back came 2-3 days later. Total i went A&E 2 times. But now, I am seeing a chiropractor of my own, coz the hospital appt is very slow. Signed a package of 20 session which is about $65/ session.

visited hospital today, doctor recommended physiotherapy. I juz wonder how long this will drag.

• Praise 1

The longer the physiotherapy, the longer the case.

It took me 4 months after the final appointment with them before collecting the cheque from the lawyers.

If you want a petite gal, look for Rachel at SGH when making the appointment.

She's a senior there.

However if your injury is not that serious, volunteer to let the trainees to have a go on you.

Because when I was there the first time, I saw many old and sicky waiting for their Qs.

If the young and healthy cannot wait, how about the old & sickly?

just claim. If the treatment is on-going, just use an estimate for y years x sessions x $/session, then top up a bit as a total claimed amount. Attached all photocopies of current invoices and better if can ask doctors to give letter stating the condition and treatment schedules.

Not sure about now. Last time, I DIY claim 3rd party without going through lawyer for medical, pain and sufferings...

I think becoz of injury reported, lawyer comes into picture. Expect the claim to drag at least 1/2 year coz I am beginning physio next week.

Some how I see some fraudulent issues here. If you SIL and BIL did not complain of any pain why are you pushing them to go and see GP? Why pray for more days of MC? Are they genuinely injured or just becuase you told them they can get money? Its dishonest to cheat insurance and gain money out of minor accidents.

Also I would like to discourage you from advising people on claim amount. You are not professional and further

1. it depends on the medical report

2. all injuries have a guideline to follow through

Lastly PLEASE DO NOT GIVE PEOPLE IDEA THAT 2 DAYS MC - $4K CASH !!!! VERY WRONG !!! MISLEADING!!!!! No law firm will issue cash/ cash cheque. Also there is no authorities that says 2 days of mc can get that kind of money. Please do not randomly thro figures without knowing the exact injuries and claiming process

Remember to get a memo from your doctor to confirm that the injury was due to the accident. Anyway you does not have to wait so long as the law firm can assist you to claim Future Medical Expenses. Depends on you basically If you insist to wait till you finish all sessions before concluding your case, you cannot blame the delay.

Basically Physio will only teach you what are the kind of exercise you should do which are good for you. But you have to diligently do it at home also. Unlike TCM which will makes you feel much better. But bear in mind that TCM bills are NOT CLAIMABLE....

Some how I see some fraudulent issues here. If you SIL and BIL did not complain of any pain why are you pushing them to go and see GP? Why pray for more days of MC? Are they genuinely injured or just becuase you told them they can get money? Its dishonest to cheat insurance and gain money out of minor accidents.

Also I would like to discourage you from advising people on claim amount. You are not professional and further

Lastly PLEASE DO NOT GIVE PEOPLE IDEA THAT 2 DAYS MC - $4K CASH !!!! VERY WRONG !!! MISLEADING!!!!! No law firm will issue cash/ cash cheque. Also there is no authorities that says 2 days of mc can get that kind of money. Please do not randomly thro figures without knowing the exact injuries and claiming process

Remember to get a memo from your doctor to confirm that the injury was due to the accident. Anyway you does not have to wait so long as the law firm can assist you to claim Future Medical Expenses. Depends on you basically If you insist to wait till you finish all sessions before concluding your case, you cannot blame the delay.

Basically Physio will only teach you what are the kind of exercise you should do which are good for you. But you have to diligently do it at home also. Unlike TCM which will makes you feel much better. But bear in mind that TCM bills are NOT CLAIMABLE....

Thanks for enlightening me. I will present my bills to my lawyer soon. I have a letter from my chiropractor. and the doctor in Alexandra Hospital asked me to attend a session or two physio. Appreciate ur help

Firstly how to cheat the insurance companies via a professional advice from the doctors?

When one is injured due to the accident, why shouldn’t one able to claim general pain and sufferings because of minor accident?

Because of the valid medical reports, my BIL & SIL were able to receive the compensation from the insurance. So it is definitely a genuine case regardless of minor or major.

Maybe I’m wrong to throw the figures but I stand to correct, regardless of minor or major accident, do go for the claims with the approximate medical reports.

Oh, btw, I like it when people leave their names behind a dislike [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

FYI,

the correct term is General Damages. Which covers pain and sufferings.

No wonder insurance companies are referring most cases to CAD with increasing claims arising when people are "encourage" to see a doctor for extra income. They will go and wayang even if they have no injury. Who will say No to extra money which fall from the sky.

FYI,

the correct term is General Damages. Which covers pain and sufferings.

No wonder insurance companies are referring most cases to CAD with increasing claims arising when people are "encourage" to see a doctor for extra income. They will go and wayang even if they have no injury. Who will say No to extra money which fall from the sky.

Yap Yap, General damages.

In my BIL case, driver's dad is arrogant by saying in carpark no right/no wrong and to teach arrogant people, I encourage BIL/SIL to go thru the full legal process than to suffer in silence.

Hello fellow formers,

was involved in a similar case to you..

van hit me hit car in front..

of course middle car is the worst of all become the patty.. [lipsrsealed]

just go see doctor to check up if have any injury..

for my case only some neck ache which from the impact.. in the end also never claim cos really nothing much..

luckily the family in front. everyone was safe.. i remember i was a bit shocked to see a toddler in front, and his wife carrying a young baby..

my case took almost 1 year to conclude...

↡ Advertisement