• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
105 replies to this topic | 153 praises

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

Fcar
  • Fcar
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My car coe ends next week. I don't intend to replace it as cars are too expensive nowadays.So how does one go about scrapping or deregister it to get back the PARF cash? Its a nissan sunny, thus prob body worthless?

Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Dfx16
  • Dfx16
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.onemotori..._a_vehicle.html

http://www.stcars.sg...r-vehicle-98058

http://www.sgcarmart...egister service

Kangadrool and Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

Yeobt
  • Yeobt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

would u be getting another car?

juz asking to see if we could get one COE quota extra from you.  [grin]

nazerath, Simpleonly and Mercs praised this

(i love my old car like i love my money, so i decided to keep an old car and keep my money from LTA)  [thumbsup] 

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Aukang
  • Premium member
    Aukang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Go to Automobile Association of Singapore... I think more hassle free...but I think some costs involved.
Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:12 AM

Sam7770
  • Sam7770
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you decide between export and scrap?  

Presumably you get quotes but how to ensure a fair deal?

Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

FOC if member, but you get back paper value only, no body value.

A small fee if non-member.

Alternatively is call up those scrapyards and after deciding which one to go, drive there to hand over and you'll probably get $50 taxi fare in return.

LTA will refund you the paper value once scrapyard submitted documentation to LTA.

Go to Automobile Association of Singapore... I think more hassle free...but I think some costs involved.

Edited by Kangadrool, 11 October 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Quotz
  • Quotz
    Sponsor
    Author Image

My car coe ends next week. I don't intend to replace it as cars are too expensive nowadays.So how does one go about scrapping or deregister it to get back the PARF cash? Its a nissan sunny, thus prob body worthless?

Hi, sgCarMart Quotz has a service to help car owners deregister their car. 

The paper value you get back is based on your PARF + COE rebate which is fixed.

What is variable is your body value, which we excel in helping sellers get the best price for.

Read more about our service here :
http://www.mycarforu...the-best-price/

http://www.sgcarmart...eup.php?AID=252

Planning to sell your eight to 10-year old car? sgCarMart Quotz can help you get the best price for it, hassle-free.

252_p1_s_1.jpg

There are almost 150,000 passenger cars between eight to 10-years old in Singapore, making up almost a quarter of the car population here.

For these cars, there is no demand in the local resale market in the current COE climate. Hence, most of these cars will be due for deregistration and subsequently, they will be either scrapped or exported.

Customer Service Supervisor at sgCarMart Quotz, Lynn Chua, explained, "Traditionally, a car owner would sell his eight to 10-year old car to a used car dealer or do a trade-in at a car dealership, and the dealer will resell the car to an exporter or scrapyard. With a middleman in place, the car owner does not get the best price."

252_p1_s_2.jpg
spacer.gif
The friendly staff (left) from sgCarMart Quotz will give a step-by-step explanation to ensure a hassle-free process

"When a car seller comes to sgCarMart Quotz, we check with our partner network, comprising of over 100 exporters and scrapyards, to get the best-selling price of the car. If the seller is happy with the price, the exporters or scrapyards buys from them directly," added Lynn.

One satisfied car owner who managed to sell her car via sgCarMart Quotz, Ms. Yue Hui Hui, had this to say, "They got me the highest offer within three hours! The dealer came down within the same day and the deal was sealed all within six hours....so fast I almost couldn't believe it."

You can read more about the Quotz Scrap/Export service here.

While the Scrap/Export service is free, sgCarMart Quotz does have a paid service. According to Lynn, "We charge $100 to car owners who want to sell their car via an auction process participated by over 300 car dealers. This is recommended for cars meant for local resale, which are less than eight-years old."

"Car owners only have to make a single trip down to the sgCarMart Quotz office. Handover date of the vehicle is flexible and on top of that, we offer a money back guarantee that our final quotation is the highest price in the market," added Lynn.

252_p1_s_3.jpg
spacer.gif
A professional survey and photo taking session will be carried out on customers' vehicles if they opt for the 'Sell by Bidding' service

sgCarMart Quotz is the first online car auction platform in Singapore since 2007 and is the official vehicle auction platform for several government agencies such as the Land Transport Authority (LTA), the National Environment Agency (NEA) and Singapore Customs.

sgCarMart Quotz (Quotz Pte Ltd)

Address: 61 Ubi Ave 2, Automobile Megamart, #07-06 Singapore 408898.

Phone: 6744 7571

Operating Hours: 10:30am to 6:30pm daily

Quotz Pte Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) Limited.

Mercs and Bonafidestack praised this
Selling your car? We can help you get the BEST price from over 500 dealers in just 1 day.
No obligation, flexible hand-over date, HIGHEST price guaranteed. Call 67447571 or visit www.quotz.com.sg
A subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The friendly (Chio) staff (left) from sgCarMart Quotz...

Lol
Mercs and FourZero praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

Mercs
  • Mercs
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My car due for scrap soon, maybe should go talk to the friendy chio staff from Quotz?

Lol

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Depend on the car make/model/mileage, otherwise it would be really worth only $50 for the scrap metal, not even enough to cover the $60 for quotez.com fees.

If it is a popular conti like Merc or BMW, you may get only 1K to 2K, more if in very good condition.  (I just scrapped mine last month)

To deregister it is very straight forward - Just go to Sin Ming LTA, bring your IC, fill in a DeReg form and that's it.  About 20 minutes all in as queue for dereg is short.  No need to pay anyone to do this.

Prior to that, go to Onemotoring.com.sg (SingPass login) and update your bank account number, so that all refunds can be credited directly to you IN CASH).

One more COE on the way!

[:)]

Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

One week left got not much choice. Dealers who export gives body value if car in good condition. Last year U scrap my altis I get one k body value from these export dealers. Now dunno the MKT.
Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

tanbk
  • tanbk
    4th Gear
    Author Image

My friend deregistered his Hyundai Getz via sg carmart quotz few months ago. As long as you have the LTA PIN with you, they are very fast. 

Today call in to quotz, tomorrow the dealer come down pay cash and drive off already. 

Even for a Getz, his car body, he got about $200. 

Give me a Praise if you like what I post.  [kiss]

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My friend deregistered his Hyundai Getz via sg carmart quotz few months ago. As long as you have the LTA PIN with you, they are very fast. 

Today call in to quotz, tomorrow the dealer come down pay cash and drive off already. 

Even for a Getz, his car body, he got about $200. 

any idea the PARF, how they settle, LTA will send cheque to owner? 

Mercs praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

tanbk
  • tanbk
    4th Gear
    Author Image

any idea the PARF, how they settle, LTA will send cheque to owner? 

The dealer pay in full. ie, PARF + $200.

Transfer to their name, and they do the de-registration themself.

Mercs praised this
Give me a Praise if you like what I post.  [kiss]

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

bellboy
  • bellboy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

No need to scrap and de-register the car yourself. So mafan. 

Just sell to car dealers and let them do it themself. They do it everyday, while we do it once in few years, so takes us time to figure out where to go and what to do.

Been there, done that.

Anyway, value we get back will almost be the same. 

Mercs praised this

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

bellboy
  • bellboy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

This quotz http://www.quotz.com.sg/how/scrap.php sounds like a good idea.

Maybe will try ask for their quote for my next car when its due. 

Hopefully they won't play punk on me since they are under SPH.

Previously 1 dealer offer me sky-high over the phone. When I go down, then they tell me "hear wrongly", then try to low-ball me. Waste my time, kns. 

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:13 AM

alicelee
  • alicelee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

we have recently bought a new car from authorized car dealer, the car dealer actually requested for our original NRIC to keep for a few days to use it for the old car scrapping process. Is it a common practice?

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

Dgeralds
  • Dgeralds
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

NO! The car is in your name! You are responsible if the the car is misused!

Hi,

we have recently bought a new car from authorized car dealer, the car dealer actually requested for our original NRIC to keep for a few days to use it for the old car scrapping process. Is it a common practice?

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

LiuDeHua
  • Premium member
    LiuDeHua
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

He probably needs your NRIC to go to LTA to get the PIN to transfer and dereg your car. 

So if you have the LTA PIN, then no need to pass the dealer the NRIC.

Or if you don't have the LTA PIN, and don't want to hand over your NRIC, then make a request to meet the dealer at LTA itself to do the transfer. 

LTA is at Sin Ming.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For car dealer, transfer can be made on line, need no wait.

Done it and ask for a print out and cash on the table.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, deregister car, scrap car and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users