How to scrap/deregister car?

Fcar

Neutral Newbie

My car coe ends next week. I don't intend to replace it as cars are too expensive nowadays.So how does one go about scrapping or deregister it to get back the PARF cash? Its a nissan sunny, thus prob body worthless?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you decide between export and scrap?

Presumably you get quotes but how to ensure a fair deal?

• Praise 2

FOC if member, but you get back paper value only, no body value.

A small fee if non-member.

Alternatively is call up those scrapyards and after deciding which one to go, drive there to hand over and you'll probably get $50 taxi fare in return.

LTA will refund you the paper value once scrapyard submitted documentation to LTA.

Go to Automobile Association of Singapore... I think more hassle free...but I think some costs involved.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

My car coe ends next week. I don't intend to replace it as cars are too expensive nowadays.So how does one go about scrapping or deregister it to get back the PARF cash? Its a nissan sunny, thus prob body worthless?

Hi, sgCarMart Quotz has a service to help car owners deregister their car.

The paper value you get back is based on your PARF + COE rebate which is fixed.

What is variable is your body value, which we excel in helping sellers get the best price for.

Read more about our service here :

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2695492-how-to-sell-8-10-years-old-car-for-the-best-price/

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=252

Planning to sell your eight to 10-year old car? sgCarMart Quotz can help you get the best price for it, hassle-free.

252_p1_s_1.jpg

There are almost 150,000 passenger cars between eight to 10-years old in Singapore, making up almost a quarter of the car population here.

For these cars, there is no demand in the local resale market in the current COE climate. Hence, most of these cars will be due for deregistration and subsequently, they will be either scrapped or exported.

Customer Service Supervisor at sgCarMart Quotz, Lynn Chua, explained, "Traditionally, a car owner would sell his eight to 10-year old car to a used car dealer or do a trade-in at a car dealership, and the dealer will resell the car to an exporter or scrapyard. With a middleman in place, the car owner does not get the best price."

252_p1_s_2.jpg
spacer.gif
The friendly staff (left) from sgCarMart Quotz will give a step-by-step explanation to ensure a hassle-free process

"When a car seller comes to sgCarMart Quotz, we check with our partner network, comprising of over 100 exporters and scrapyards, to get the best-selling price of the car. If the seller is happy with the price, the exporters or scrapyards buys from them directly," added Lynn.

One satisfied car owner who managed to sell her car via sgCarMart Quotz, Ms. Yue Hui Hui, had this to say, "They got me the highest offer within three hours! The dealer came down within the same day and the deal was sealed all within six hours....so fast I almost couldn't believe it."

You can read more about the Quotz Scrap/Export service here.

While the Scrap/Export service is free, sgCarMart Quotz does have a paid service. According to Lynn, "We charge $100 to car owners who want to sell their car via an auction process participated by over 300 car dealers. This is recommended for cars meant for local resale, which are less than eight-years old."

"Car owners only have to make a single trip down to the sgCarMart Quotz office. Handover date of the vehicle is flexible and on top of that, we offer a money back guarantee that our final quotation is the highest price in the market," added Lynn.

252_p1_s_3.jpg
spacer.gif
A professional survey and photo taking session will be carried out on customers' vehicles if they opt for the 'Sell by Bidding' service

sgCarMart Quotz is the first online car auction platform in Singapore since 2007 and is the official vehicle auction platform for several government agencies such as the Land Transport Authority (LTA), the National Environment Agency (NEA) and Singapore Customs.

sgCarMart Quotz (Quotz Pte Ltd)

Address: 61 Ubi Ave 2, Automobile Megamart, #07-06 Singapore 408898.

Phone: 6744 7571

Operating Hours: 10:30am to 6:30pm daily

Quotz Pte Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) Limited.

• Praise 2

Depend on the car make/model/mileage, otherwise it would be really worth only $50 for the scrap metal, not even enough to cover the $60 for quotez.com fees.

If it is a popular conti like Merc or BMW, you may get only 1K to 2K, more if in very good condition. (I just scrapped mine last month)

To deregister it is very straight forward - Just go to Sin Ming LTA, bring your IC, fill in a DeReg form and that's it. About 20 minutes all in as queue for dereg is short. No need to pay anyone to do this.

Prior to that, go to Onemotoring.com.sg (SingPass login) and update your bank account number, so that all refunds can be credited directly to you IN CASH).

One more COE on the way!

[:)]

• Praise 1

One week left got not much choice. Dealers who export gives body value if car in good condition. Last year U scrap my altis I get one k body value from these export dealers. Now dunno the MKT.

• Praise 1

My friend deregistered his Hyundai Getz via sg carmart quotz few months ago. As long as you have the LTA PIN with you, they are very fast.

Today call in to quotz, tomorrow the dealer come down pay cash and drive off already.

Even for a Getz, his car body, he got about $200.

• Praise 1

My friend deregistered his Hyundai Getz via sg carmart quotz few months ago. As long as you have the LTA PIN with you, they are very fast.

Today call in to quotz, tomorrow the dealer come down pay cash and drive off already.

Even for a Getz, his car body, he got about $200.

any idea the PARF, how they settle, LTA will send cheque to owner?

• Praise 1

any idea the PARF, how they settle, LTA will send cheque to owner?

The dealer pay in full. ie, PARF + $200.

Transfer to their name, and they do the de-registration themself.

• Praise 1

No need to scrap and de-register the car yourself. So mafan.

Just sell to car dealers and let them do it themself. They do it everyday, while we do it once in few years, so takes us time to figure out where to go and what to do.

Been there, done that.

Anyway, value we get back will almost be the same.

• Praise 3

This quotz http://www.quotz.com.sg/how/scrap.php sounds like a good idea.

Maybe will try ask for their quote for my next car when its due.

Hopefully they won't play punk on me since they are under SPH.

Previously 1 dealer offer me sky-high over the phone. When I go down, then they tell me "hear wrongly", then try to low-ball me. Waste my time, kns.

Hi,

we have recently bought a new car from authorized car dealer, the car dealer actually requested for our original NRIC to keep for a few days to use it for the old car scrapping process. Is it a common practice?

• Praise 1

NO! The car is in your name! You are responsible if the the car is misused!

Hi,

we have recently bought a new car from authorized car dealer, the car dealer actually requested for our original NRIC to keep for a few days to use it for the old car scrapping process. Is it a common practice?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1