How to scrap/deregister car?

Fcar

How the new procedure work?

Say you export the car but must do the dereg yourself and wait for exporter to send you the export documents then can submit for encashment online via onemotoring?

Is the same if send to scrapyard?

↡ Advertisement

How the new procedure work?

Say you export the car but must do the dereg yourself and wait for exporter to send you the export documents then can submit for encashment online via onemotoring?

Is the same if send to scrapyard?

Just find a exporter to do all for you.

Like CT3833 said.

In short the car is "sold" or transfer to the exporter and he handle everything.

Just find a exporter to do all for you.

Like CT3833 said.

In short the car is "sold" or transfer to the exporter and he handle everything.

Had an unpleasant experience with one scrapyard that paid body plus a discount of 2-3% off parf. Car ownership transferred with Tpin but the cash wasn’t an immediate but advance dated online internet banking.

I prefer the good old way of just get cash and receipt for the car body then do my own dereg and encashment at LTA. No drama, no issue...

• Praise 1

you can go to lta onemotoring website to check the approved scrap yards. Exporters usually give better price than scrapyards as the vehicle they are exporting to be used in their destination country so they willing to pay more for good drive-able cars rather than to scrap it off.

I've exporter my bmw 6 series at 1k above market using https://www.sgcarbrokers.com and directcars.com.sg. 

Sgcarbrokers gives me the fastest responds and also the highest price!

Neutral Newbie

I need advice please. My car coe up next month. I thought my only options are to scrap or export. So looked around for quotations. I think those were car dealers I got quotes from but not sure.

Then got one quote which make me quite surprised. I was offered $800+ for the car and when I asked if it was for scrap or export, was informed that car would be for local resale, pending being checked.

My question is, why am I getting 800+ only when the car is being resold locally? Shouldn't I be paid more money since I'm sure the car is not going to be sold for only a few thousand dollars.

Am I right or seeing this all wrong? Should I be checking for quotes from a 2nd hand car dealer instead? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Supersonic
(edited)

I need advice please. My car coe up next month. I thought my only options are to scrap or export. So looked around for quotations. I think those were car dealers I got quotes from but not sure.

Then got one quote which make me quite surprised. I was offered $800+ for the car and when I asked if it was for scrap or export, was informed that car would be for local resale, pending being checked.

My question is, why am I getting 800+ only when the car is being resold locally? Shouldn't I be paid more money since I'm sure the car is not going to be sold for only a few thousand dollars.

Am I right or seeing this all wrong? Should I be checking for quotes from a 2nd hand car dealer instead? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

It depends on what car you are having, some worth a lot more than $800 some worth much less. Those dealers are being honest with you to tell you that they will be reselling, not all will be so truthful with you.

You will get very little money back if you send your car for scrap, only export or resell will get you more.

The dealer who buy over your car will have to renew COE, touch up, cleanup, put up the car for sale like fishing and wait for fish to come. This is how car dealers make money. Do it yourself if you could do the same. Otherwise, $800 may be about right depending on what your car is.

You can get a few more quotes before deciding who to sell your car to but dont wait till last day.

You also can share what car you are having so that the experience hands here could advise you if $800 is a fair value. Now that PQP is on the up trend, COE car may not be a high demand as before, likewise the body value of your car as well.

Edited by Ct3833

Yes, depends on what type of car. I got 2k for my old Altis 6-mths ago. Try

https://scrapcar.com.sg/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOjS6seZ4gIVhhSPCh3AywraEAAYAiAAEgIB4_D_BwE

Another way try selling our car as COE car on Corousell, try your luck :). For those buy n renew type buyers.... good luck

It depends on what car you are having, some worth a lot more than $800 some worth much less. Those dealers are being honest with you to tell you that they will be reselling, not all will be so truthful with you.

You will get very little money back if you send your car for scrap, only export or resell will get you more.

The dealer who buy over your car will have to renew COE, touch up, cleanup, put up the car for sale like fishing and wait for fish to come. This is how car dealers make money. Do it yourself if you could do the same. Otherwise, $800 may be about right depending on what your car is.

You can get a few more quotes before deciding who to sell your car to but dont wait till last day.

You also can share what car you are having so that the experience hands here could advise you if $800 is a fair value. Now that PQP is on the up trend, COE car may not be a high demand as before, likewise the body value of your car as well.

If it is TOYOTA WISH, I got 1 colleague actively looking for one. Message me if it is.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thank you very much for your honest and sincere reply. Thank you very much for all the info and advice. It is greatly appreciated.

PQP on uptrend because coe lower now?

My car is a suzuki sx4.

Supersonic

Thank you very much for your honest and sincere reply. Thank you very much for all the info and advice. It is greatly appreciated.

PQP on uptrend because coe lower now?

My car is a suzuki sx4.

PQP on the up trend because lesser COE quota allocation. Sx4 is a cost effective car to renew COE but because it is not very popular, dealers wont be able to mark up too much after renewing COE, $800 might be about there but as I said go get a few more quotes.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, depends on what type of car. I got 2k for my old Altis 6-mths ago. Try

https://scrapcar.com.sg/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItOjS6seZ4gIVhhSPCh3AywraEAAYAiAAEgIB4_D_BwE

Another way try selling our car as COE car on Corousell, try your luck :). For those buy n renew type buyers.... good luck

If it is TOYOTA WISH, I got 1 colleague actively looking for one. Message me if it is.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Thank you for the link.

Your car was scrapped?

Sorry my car not the WISH. Suzuki sx4

Neutral Newbie

PQP on the up trend because lesser COE quota allocation. Sx4 is a cost effective car to renew COE but because it is not very popular, dealers wont be able to mark up too much after renewing COE, $800 might be about there but as I said go get a few more quotes.

Thank you, will do that.

Best wishes!

How to decide if your car with coe ending, should be scrapped or sold?

Thank you

How to? You decide yourself.

• Dislike 1

Turbocharged

Anyone scrapping your car soon? Need your iu. Mine spoilt. Left a few months coe only.:'(

Can like that just take over meh? Need to register with Ah Gong right?

Supersonic

Can like that just take over meh? Need to register with Ah Gong right?

Think indeed need to go any VICOM or STA authorise by LTA to change your IU if spoilt or got problem. Dont think can like this anyhow take over, cause the IU number is registered with the car log record.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Think indeed need to go any VICOM or STA authorise by LTA to change your IU if spoilt or got problem. Dont think can like this anyhow take over, cause the IU number is registered with the car log record.

yup! some people buy used IU from scrapyard for propose of evading heavy parking charges.. 

↡ Advertisement