• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
102 replies to this topic | 589 praises

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Hondaes8
  • Premium member
    Hondaes8
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear forummers,

Looking to buy either of the above.

Please advise which is a better buy.

It seems like C180 commands at least 10K above the 320, while the 320 has a higher OMV than C180....

Any reason on the lower resale value of the 320 ?

thanks in advance. :)

Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear forummers,

It seems like C180 commands at least 10K above the 320, while the 320 has a higher OMV than C180....

Did u compare the mileage clocked & number of transfers when comparing the asking prices?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

NightWind
  • NightWind
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mercs in general are over priced here in singapore n prefered over bm n audi. I did a poll awhile back n vast majority here prefer merc. I duno y.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Mercs in general are over priced here in singapore n prefered over bm n audi. I did a poll awhile back n vast majority here prefer merc. I duno y.

but reliability and durability wise, Merc is better than BMW, still a lot 10 to 20 years Mercs on road, but this age BMW very rare on road

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

NightWind
  • NightWind
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Theres some truth here. Engine temp on my c300 is only 80-90 degrees compared to over 100degrees fer my previous bms. N lower operating temp is generally an indication of more reliable engine.

But tbh i still prefer bms.

One of my office colleagues sold his 9yr old 520i fer second hand e200.

but reliability and durability wise, Merc is better than BMW, still a lot 10 to 20 years Mercs on road, but this age BMW very rare on road

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I agree. A 6-year old BMW really doesn't sound like a good proposition to me.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:10 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

BMW is a driver car. One buy for the drive.

It needs more TLC. Been there. Luv it & miss it now.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:26 PM

Zapp
  • Premium member
    Zapp
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I choose C180 over 320.

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thought there is a thread on this?

And merc should be a safer choice
2 Anonymous members praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hyundai8818
  • Premium member
    Hyundai8818
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

BMW for youngster and Merc is for ah pek

haha

Old Merc is really Ah pek but not the newer model like the C class, jin jia swee leh

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

Mercs
  • Mercs
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dear forummers,

There can only be one choice for me, see my nick! Haha

Go with your heart, the one that makes your senses tinkle.
The car that makes you feel like driving it all the time.

Have fun car shopping! :)

BMW for youngster and Merc is for ah pek
haha
Old Merc is really Ah pek but not the newer model like the C class, jin jia swee leh

Driving a Bimmer don't make one look younger, or a Merc making one look older.

It's not the car, it's the driver. ;)

Edited by Mercs, 14 October 2014 - 04:38 PM.

Hondaes8, Toothiewabbit, Camrysfa, Spring, 2BDriver, Byteslurve and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hyundai8818
  • Premium member
    Hyundai8818
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

There can only be one choice for me, see my nick! Haha

Go with your heart, the one that makes your senses tinkle.
The car that makes you feel like driving it all the time.

Have fun car shopping! :)
Driving a Bimmer don't make one look younger, or a Merc making one look older.

It's not the car, it's the driver. ;)

but if a young guy drives a Merc, sure pply say drive your father car

when you tell ppl you drive a ah pek car, first thing ppl will reply Merc ?

anyway, I dun mind ah pek car if I can afford one :)

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TS, would suggest you test drive both makes besides comparing the prices.
If you are used to driving Jap cars, u may find there's difference in handling experience.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hyundai8818
  • Premium member
    Hyundai8818
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

TS, would suggest you test drive both makes besides comparing the prices.
If you are used to driving Jap cars, u may find there's difference in handling experience.

Best is to test cornering, you will see the difference

Many years back I drove my Bro in law W124 for 2 days, very solid car and stable

cornering was chai chai, no body row at all

Later drive back my own old accord those 8 valve model, when cornerning left, car follow left, but my big stomach goes to the right !

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dear forummers,

A car is a big ticket item to purchase, you should test driving both MB & BM cars for the engine performance, I would also advise you to test drive any 6 pots BMW and you can also feel the differences between the 2 BMW's engine's (320 vs 325) performaces.

Edited by Fongmy, 14 October 2014 - 05:20 PM.

TameDriver and Toothiewabbit praised this

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:32 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A car is a big ticket item to purchase, you should test driving both MB & BM cars for the engine performance, I would also advise you to test drive any 6 pots BMW and you can also feel the differences between the 2 BMW's engine's (320 vs 325) performaces.

Hi Fongmy, noticed you'd added 'Sheer Driving Pleasure' to your avatar. :)
You Kenna poisoned already so fast.....hahaha.....
Try bringing it to twisty windy mountain roads & you'll be glad you're driving the UDM!

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi Fongmy, noticed you'd added 'Sheer Driving Pleasure' to your avatar. :)
You Kenna poisoned already so fast.....hahaha.....
Try bringing it to twisty windy mountain roads & you'll be glad you're driving the UDM!

Numerous trips to Genting Highlands Resort and Cameron Highlands with my previous owned MB's E200 IL4, E260 IL6 & E280 V6, to compare these MB's with my present 5 Series IL6, both car models found to have powerful torque in low ratio 2nd ~ 3rd gears, still I felt the 5 series it much lighter than the heavily weighted MB body chassis. 

At all bends turning in and out is very sharp and swift in good balance than the MB models in higher acceleration driving mode   [drivingcar] 

In another words, the BMW doesn't looses it's breath to sprint forwards in steep slopes, I agreed with those words of "sheer Driving Pleasure" mentioning in UDM commercials. [nod] 

Really very additive driving it.   [thumbsup] 

Cheers.

Edited by Fongmy, 14 October 2014 - 06:46 PM.

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Best is to test cornering, you will see the difference

Many years back I drove my Bro in law W124 for 2 days, very solid car and stable

cornering was chai chai, no body row at all

Later drive back my own old accord those 8 valve model, when cornerning left, car follow left, but my big stomach goes to the right !

Firstly, the MB are all designed with rear wheel drive except the A & B models with lesser over steers, secondly the the wheel suspension is rigid and the wheel hub assembly are able to tilt outwards during heavy car weight compression in turnings.

Lastly, the weight of continental are very heavy compare with your Accord.

With these constructive designs, entering all turns you'll feels the car sink down and not swinging outward to counter compensating the high centrifugal forces.

Edited by Fongmy, 14 October 2014 - 07:12 PM.

Spring praised this

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

TameDriver
  • TameDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Correction: winding, not 'windy' mountain roads.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Correction: winding, not 'windy' mountain roads.

No mistakes, the mountainous road is always windy too, lowering speeds is far safer to be blow away into the cliff.  

Camrysfa, Baal and Spring praised this

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Saloon  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by xinz  |  3rd Gear

Good looking Sedan C180

Good representation of Mercedes class design, both exterior and interior. Details are just exquisite. C180 similar to BMW 318 and A4 in terms of engine size to looks. Merely sufficient. C200 would be just nice. Smooth 9 gears transmis... » Read More

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe 2017

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe 2017  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by EubbHun  |  Neutral Newbie

Nice design but....

It’S a nice design i should say as for value for money, BMW 4 series coupe still the best over C coupe. First there are many options doesn’T come standard for Benz but BMW comes with high specifications with head up display, navigat... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : BMW 3 Series Sedan, Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users