Debt collectors at work

Duckduck

duno... maybe spy cam?

Mayb it is a safeguard measure by the debt collector themselves just in case the debtor accused them of using illegal means to collect debt.

so this means that what has happened in the video is the definitely legal?

duno... maybe spy cam?

spy cam at eye level?

i think the neighbour can call police that these people make so much noise.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

nothing illegal with shouting i guess

wah, this girl u better dun anyhow pray pray

depends. could be considered "disturbing the peace".

however, aside from being told from the police to leave, there isn't much else to do. from what i know about LDC (legalized debt collectors) is that they will resort to humiliation only if they have tried a couple of times to get the payment. it's in their best interest to get the guy to pay up, since their cut is a sizable chunk of the amount due. (however, all LDC have become smart and now there is a minimum payment for services, regardless of whether they can collect or not ...)

i did consider using them at one point in time, but it turns out, sending a letter of demand is more convenient as these guys will make you sign indemnity form la, and put deposit etc. when i asked how sure they were to get me the money due ... they couldn't even commit. but yet ready to collect their fee upfront .. so decided not to use them.

• Praise 1

however, aside from being told from the police to leave, there isn't much else to do. from what i know about LDC (legalized debt collectors) is that they will resort to humiliation only if they have tried a couple of times to get the payment. it's in their best interest to get the guy to pay up, since their cut is a sizable chunk of the amount due. (however, all LDC have become smart and now there is a minimum payment for services, regardless of whether they can collect or not ...)

i did consider using them at one point in time, but it turns out, sending a letter of demand is more convenient as these guys will make you sign indemnity form la, and put deposit etc. when i asked how sure they were to get me the money due ... they couldn't even commit. but yet ready to collect their fee upfront .. so decided not to use them.

Tell them if they have to make sure you place a deposit before they start work means they can't even trust that they will be able to collect from you so how can you be sure they will be able to collect from others on your behalf?

• Praise 1

i used them before in previous company, we have a list of customer to collect from, they go by the debtors aging, the longer period, the higher comm they take.

i dun care how they do it and some customers did pay up and some customers' mother called to complaint they felt threatened and humiliated.

Edited by Jman888

Turbocharged

Tell them if they have to make sure you place a deposit before they start work means they can't even trust that they will be able to collect from you so how can you be sure they will be able to collect from others on your behalf?

haha same thing my boss told me.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i used them before in previous company, we have a list of customer to collect from, they go by the debtors aging, the longer period, the higher comm they take.

i dun care how they do it and some customers did pay up and some customers' mother called to complaint they felt threatened and humiliated.

i found it easier to get our main con to go down with industrial lock and bolt set. just make sure no one is in, and then bolt the premises shut. the bolt has our contact details as well as why premises have been locked. i still have one battle scared one where the tenant tried for 3 hours with her son to saw it off ... they barely made a dent in it :D (and eventually paid up .. and the worst part was .. she was a property owner herself!! she owned 3-4 properties but just loved to drag payment)

i found it easier to get our main con to go down with industrial lock and bolt set. just make sure no one is in, and then bolt the premises shut. the bolt has our contact details as well as why premises have been locked. i still have one battle scared one where the tenant tried for 3 hours with her son to saw it off ... they barely made a dent in it :D (and eventually paid up .. and the worst part was .. she was a property owner herself!! she owned 3-4 properties but just loved to drag payment)

hehe

NavyCommunityAppIntShipChainLockers.jpg

• Praise 2

spy cam at eye level?

i think the neighbour can call police that these people make so much noise.

They should be able to call Police. This one already escalate to public nuisance, shout and shout.

But these people really behave like ah beng short using vulgarities.

• Praise 3

The best is not to borrow from these moneylenders...

But I guess, some ppl are too desperate and being forced into corner to borrow from them :(

This is life.. sinking into a never-ending black hole :(

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1