Debt collectors at work

Duckduck

Totally agree as i have been through it before too (as a creditor). If the law has an effective way to protect creditors then they won't need to resort to these tactics (which i also don't approve).

Like I said, I'm not in support of the actions of the debt collection company, but sometimes, as a vendor, I do meet clients who delay payment, give excuses, or run road. The feeling isn't good, when boss is pressuring you to collect the money, and you have to waste so much time collecting money, and are unable to take care of other clients or secure new contracts.

I'm just saying that I see the function the debt collection companies perform. I don't support the hooliganism, or the actions they did, but some things like the shame thing (big signboard saying debt collection in progress, wearing uniform to show is debt collection, constant contact of the debtor) I think are ok.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Agreed with the different ways to get back debt legally, including lawyer letter, SCT, etc. But those also either cost money or a lot of time (SCT), so, some will resort to such debt collection company when there are no other viable options.

Those debt collectors that I spoke to (my company also got owed bad debt by others, then ask them nicely, they don't want to pay back) usually take commission from the debt collected, but also got upfront charges. So if debt is not big (4 fig), it's not really that worthwhile for SME to get debt collector or lawyer. Some debt collector company did say that the commission can be charged to the debtor, if that's what the client wants.

Sometimes being too nice to client / customer also will backfire. If backfire liao, no other recourse, go through debt collection company lor.

that is why credit control policies is important for a company, if you have set a tight credit control (base on the client's profile) and stick firm to it, you will reduce the losses to a limit that you can swallow, no point getting ugly and help these hooligan think they own the law.

• Praise 1

that is why credit control policies is important for a company, if you have set a tight credit control (base on the client's profile) and stick firm to it, you will reduce the losses to a limit that you can swallow, no point getting ugly and help these hooligan think they own the law.

If your client goes belly up and can't pay you then of course you have to suck it up.

If your client has a lot of money (going KTV/holidays) and still refuses to pay you, you will get pissed of regardless of how much the amount is.

• Praise 1

Anyway, this Double Ace seems to really go the extra mile and do their job. If people otang me money in future I will hire them.

That's why I think the boss so happy in the picture even though in restraints. This is good publicity for his Co.

You sure or not.

I put you in restraint like a murder suspect and parade you around singapore.....see you still happy or not. [laugh]

Anyway, this Double Ace seems to really go the extra mile and do their job. If people otang me money in future I will hire them.

That's why I think the boss so happy in the picture even though in restraints. This is good publicity for his Co.

You sure or not.

I put you in restraint like a murder suspect and parade you around singapore.....see you still happy or not. [laugh]

You see the pic, he look quite cocky/happy still.

Children chased out of Bingo pre-school in Kallang due to property dispute
PUBLISHED ON FEB 16, 2015
nabmFACEBOOKpic160215e.jpg
More than 20 children, between the ages of 18 months and six, were chased out of Bingo Pre-school on Feb 11, 2015, reportedly due to a property dispute between the school and the landlord. -- PHOTO: FACEBOOK/BINGO PRE-SCHOOL
BY JALELAH ABU BAKER
SINGAPORE- More than 20 children, between the ages of 18 months and six, were chased out of their pre-school on Feb 11.
Evening daily Shin Min reported on Monday that the children and four teachers were chased out by seven men due to a property dispute.
A notice that was published in the paper read: "Please note that the lease to the premises by the tenant known as Bingo Pre-school Pte Ltd has been terminated with immediate effect."
The notice - by order of the landlord of the building on 2 Kallang Avenue - also said that any entry into the premises without the landlord's authorisation would be considered trespass.
Children who were sleeping were reportedly awakened and chaos ensued after the men entered the premises. The incident occured at 7am.
Parents were notified via email that the school had officially been closed down and were offered names of six other pre-schools in the area.
Parents were also told that they would be refunded fees.
Shin Min reported that the director of the school - known only as Mr Lu - acknowledged that there was a dispute between the school and the landlord.
One parent, Madam Chen Wei Fang, 43, went to the school on Feb 11 and was prevented from going into the premises by the men. She told Shin Min that they were rude.
Parents left stranded are having trouble coping, according to the newspaper.

Children who were sleeping were reportedly awakened and chaos ensued after the men entered the premises. The incident occured at 7am.

Sure or not? 7 am sleeping?

• Praise 2

cosplay?   [laugh]

Debt collectors show up at car dealer's Sin Ming Lane office like 'special forces'
Posted on 15 October 2015  | 

maindebt.jpg

Police were called in after debt collectors made a scene at Midview City, Sin Ming Lane yesterday afternoon (Oct 14), dressed in vests and armed with body cameras.

Stomper Hey witnessed the commotion and compared it to that of a dramatic movie. He also said the debt collectors looked as if they were from 'special forces'.

The debt collectors had even put up a notice stating that they were from KX-Unit. The notice also said, "Don't be alarmed. Debt collection in progress."

KX-Unit describes itself as "Singapore Legal Debt Collection" on its Facebook page.

Stomper Hey recounted the incident to Stomp:

"Saw something exciting outside my office yesterday afternoon at around 4 to 5pm.

"A group of people were outside causing a commotion. Debt collectors had shown up.

"You see the big guys in black, they have body cams and a big poster. So stylo and pro-looking, machiam special forces sia.

"I thought these drama only happens in movies, but it's happening in real life in Singapore!"

Hey added the police later arrived at the scene.

A spokesperson for the Police responded to Stomp's queries about the incident. He said:

"Police received a call for assistance received a call yesterday (Oct 14) at about 4.28pm requesting for assistance at 26 Sin Ming Lane.

"Upon Police's arrival, it was established that a case of intentional harassment had occurred at the said location.

"The complainant was advised accordingly.

"No further Police assistance was required."

• Praise 2