I did something bad and stupid today

LoneCatFish

Haha ... my car is not very fuel economy, I won't do that.

Hahaha at least it ended well. And seriously similar incident happened to me afew years back in Loyang ind estate. Think I posted it maybe here or SLC

I was driving 1.6 lancer n suddenly this LS460 cut into my lane so what I did was honk

He came chasing me n said: I'm driving 460, you driving 1600 what u think u are

Me: knnmpcb! Think u 460 u own the road!

Next day there was a TP hanging around the area, WTF I was thinking but it may be coincidence

As I'm still working in that area, will still see him around that area n also at petrol kiosk

But I just ignore him unless he come barking

I really Duno what's in their mind hahaha

↡ Advertisement

that is why he say he did a silly thing mah.

If u want to leave a big gap infront, let the car behind u overtake.

Why need to speed up to block it?

Pleas read the post.

okay we don't need to know exact location. but where did you start overtaking???

Turbocharged

"what you think you are, I am driving a 4.2 V8,

You can tell how shallow a person is by a mere few words.

And he proved it by following you for 30km over small overtaking incident.

Got 4.2L V8 but don't know how to derive the joys from driving one.

What a waste.

• Praise 1

that is why he say he did a silly thing mah.

okay we don't need to know exact location. but where did you start overtaking???

Never mind, my purpose of the post is not to show who's right and who's wrong, and where it happened.

I am just trying to share with everyone that our environment is stressful and we must constantly consciously to be forgiving, practice defensive driving, keep our cool on the road, that's all.

• Praise 1

You will think otherwise when there is a 50/50 chance of jamming of brakes once in front.

Edited by Kklee

The silver Audi didn't pass me after I went off lane 1, instead, he followed me all the way for more than 30km to where I intended to go. The Audi driver, a middle age guy got off the car and started screaming at me, I roughly remember his first statement was "what you think you are, I am driving a 4.2 V8, and you tried to play stun with me .... blur blur .... ", and lot of screaming following .....

Audi driver's ego too big [hur]

• Praise 1

Never mind, my purpose of the post is not to show who's right and who's wrong, and where it happened.

I am just trying to share with everyone that our environment is stressful and we must constantly consciously to be forgiving, practice defensive driving, keep our cool on the road, that's all.

my intention was to point out possible typo. never intend to say you lying. but since you are sure that he follow you from nearly the start of expressway to the end of express way. then okay.

Audi driver's ego too big [hur]

@rainbowbiatch will agree :D:D :D

• Praise 1

Hi all, I did something bad and stupid today, luckily nothing went seriously wrong, but's I feel it's something worth sharing.

On my usual way home, most of the journey is on express way. My usual habit is to avoid lane 1 as I feel it's very stressful and accident prone, except for one special stretch of about 2-3km of the journey which the heavy vehicles usually occupy from lane 2 and inner, so I will goes to lane 1 for this stretch, and filter off lane 1 immediately after that. My habit is to keep 2-3 car length as safety distance even when I am travelling on lane 1.

As usual, I was on lane 1 of that stretch of the road today on my way home. A silver Audi A8 came and started to tailgate me, well, I must admit that I was unhappy with that. By keeping 2-3 car length, I don't think I am road hogging. My intention was to keep to lane 1 after that stretch of road then let him pass after that. Suddenly, the Audi tried to overtake me from the left, and my unhappiness translated to pressing on the throttle to block him from overtaking me. But I filter off lane 1 immediately after that stretch of road to let him pass.

The silver Audi didn't pass me after I went off lane 1, instead, he followed me all the way for more than 30km to where I intended to go. The Audi driver, a middle age guy got off the car and started screaming at me, I roughly remember his first statement was "what you think you are, I am driving a 4.2 V8, and you tried to play stun with me .... blur blur .... ", and lot of screaming following .....

I kept my cool, ask him to cool down ... I told him he's taking things too seriously .... I said sorry to him and after few minutes, he started talking to himself to cool down. Finally, we shake hand and he went off, hopefully his anger is over by now. Overall, nothing serious had happened.

Out of curiosity, I punched his car number into Goolge. He's seems not very Internet savis, and his photo, his full detail is on the Internet. His's a technical director of a medium size MNC. Being able to drive an Audi A8 4.2, I assume he's should be quite successful in life.

In conclusion, I should not have let my anger of the Audi's tailgating to block him from overtaking, I should have played defensive, slow down, even though his overtaking was a very close shave to my safety.

However, I think I did well was I did not went mad and scream back at the Audi driver, else we may likely ended up fighting and get ourselves into more serious problem.

Overall, I feel that life here is really very stressful that we must constantly remind ourselves to keep cool and don't let our emotion lead us to something stupid and even something unrecoverable.

Although what u did was not very smart but I think its already over n no point u keep worrying n having sleepless nights over it.

I have similar stuff once in awhile in stressful Spore. Just let it pass n try to b more careful next time.

Lesson learnt I hope?

• Praise 3

my intention was to point out possible typo. never intend to say you lying. but since you are sure that he follow you from nearly the start of expressway to the end of express way. then okay.

@rainbowbiatch will agree :D:D :D

Well, to tell you a bid more, the route is AYE+ECP, total length is about 50km, I estimated the place of incident to my stopping place is about 30km, might be not very accurate, but again, that's not important. Yes, I am one of the rare ancient animal that don't have GPS in my car.

Although what u did was not very smart but I think its already over n no point u keep worrying n having sleepless nights over it.

I have similar stuff once in awhile in stressful Spore. Just let it pass n try to b more careful next time.

Lesson learnt I hope?

Thanks, I am over with it, no problem. [:)]

• Praise 1

Well, to tell you a bid more, the route is AYE+ECP, total length is about 50km, I estimated the place of incident to my stopping place is about 30km, might be not very accurate, but again, that's not important. Yes, I am one of the rare ancient animal that don't have GPS in my car.

Thanks, I am over with it, no problem. [:)]

no lah.. not everyone have GPS.

dont get me wrong hor. i dont suspect your story just the distant you say on tailgate you off 30KM. i thought you had meant 3km. lol..

anyway kudos to admitting error. most of the time a simple acknowledgement of error and word of sorry can stop lots of road rage.

its like when ppl shout at you and you say sorry. suddenly they loss their ground to shout.

its like when ppl shout at you and you say sorry. suddenly they loss their ground to shout.

Haha ... yes, I agree that's a very good tactics when you don't know what else you can say to fight back.

There's no "sorry tax" in Singapore, so say "sorry" is free of charge.

If I become the next batch of Singapore government, I will impose "sorry tax". Everyone who use the word "sorry" must pay tax.

You can tell how shallow a person is by a mere few words.

And he proved it by following you for 30km over small overtaking incident.

Got 4.2L V8 but don't know how to derive the joys from driving one.

What a waste.

Audi running in??? Lol

Turbocharged

Hi all, I did something bad and stupid today, luckily nothing went seriously wrong, but's I feel it's something worth sharing.

On my usual way home, most of the journey is on express way. My usual habit is to avoid lane 1 as I feel it's very stressful and accident prone, except for one special stretch of about 2-3km of the journey which the heavy vehicles usually occupy from lane 2 and inner, so I will goes to lane 1 for this stretch, and filter off lane 1 immediately after that. My habit is to keep 2-3 car length as safety distance even when I am travelling on lane 1.

As usual, I was on lane 1 of that stretch of the road today on my way home. A silver Audi A8 came and started to tailgate me, well, I must admit that I was unhappy with that. By keeping 2-3 car length, I don't think I am road hogging. My intention was to keep to lane 1 after that stretch of road then let him pass after that. Suddenly, the Audi tried to overtake me from the left, and my unhappiness translated to pressing on the throttle to block him from overtaking me. But I filter off lane 1 immediately after that stretch of road to let him pass.

I kept my cool, ask him to cool down ... I told him he's taking things too seriously .... I said sorry to him and after few minutes, he started talking to himself to cool down. Finally, we shake hand and he went off, hopefully his anger is over by now. Overall, nothing serious had happened.

Out of curiosity, I punched his car number into Goolge. He's seems not very Internet savis, and his photo, his full detail is on the Internet. His's a technical director of a medium size MNC. Being able to drive an Audi A8 4.2, I assume he's should be quite successful in life.

In conclusion, I should not have let my anger of the Audi's tailgating to block him from overtaking, I should have played defensive, slow down, even though his overtaking was a very close shave to my safety.

However, I think I did well was I did not went mad and scream back at the Audi driver, else we may likely ended up fighting and get ourselves into more serious problem.

Overall, I feel that life here is really very stressful that we must constantly remind ourselves to keep cool and don't let our emotion lead us to something stupid and even something unrecoverable.

TS, I think your title and your story don't tally.

• Praise 1

Two thumbs up.

Firstly, you didn't get mad when that driver confronted you so aggressively. I honestly doubt I can be so cool. You have a very high EQ indeed. Secondly, you are brave enough to apologize first and even post your experience here for sharing. That takes a very big and fearless heart to do so. I think it's reasonable to say that not many adults have the courage to admit, much less share their own weaknesses publicly.

I felt really good after reading your experience tonight and hopefully I can be more like you moving forward, ie: maintain my cool in the face of aggression and have the courage to admit my weakness.

Thanks again for sharing.

I only blocked him for that 200-300 meter for over taking, after that, I was travelling at highway speed limit, he just kept following to wait for me to stop the car to confront me.

Er this statement means u r in lane 1 or lane 2?

Ps travelling in highway speed limit doesnt guarantee u of not being road hogger

↡ Advertisement