Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

the 80 over K one is the elantra

i heard dont even have auto window (heard only, not sure true or not..).. it has been quite awhile since i see one of such design... hehehe...

old school always works... hehehe..

post-3324-0-95661100-1414303106_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-95661100-1414303106_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

True.power windows only for the front passenger and driver. but 12 bids = 6mths.long wait........

i heard dont even have auto window (heard only, not sure true or not..).. it has been quite awhile since i see one of such design... hehehe...

attachicon.gifWindow_Winder.jpg

• Praise 1

True.power windows only for the front passenger and driver. but 12 bids = 6mths.long wait........

makes me wonder whether they are serious of getting the orders, or using the accent to pad up the COE for the rest of the cars they sell.

We shall see. Likely reason is that AD wants to have a smooth transition of COE prices when the increased quota kicks in.

• Praise 1

Front power, rear winder is like getz 1.1 . 12 bids is 6 mths up to mar 2015 , risky....

• Praise 2

Don't want to sell lah, they think hyundai is really value for money. 90 plus with so many features not there. Might as well see if C&C bring in Rio.

• Praise 1

makes me wonder whether they are serious of getting the orders, or using the accent to pad up the COE for the rest of the cars they sell.

We shall see. Likely reason is that AD wants to have a smooth transition of COE prices when the increased quota kicks in.

I doubt they are serious in selling this.basically they wanna lock in the 10k deposit n persuade customers to top up after a few mths of unsuccessful bids

• Praise 1

I doubt they are serious in selling this.basically they wanna lock in the 10k deposit n persuade customers to top up after a few mths of unsuccessful bids

And because they get to bid using these orders, they push COE prices up.

If people want to help to make COEs expensive, they can always corral people to bid $1 so that we have maybe 500 bids of $1. No prizes for guessing where the COE will go.

If people want to help to make COEs expensive, they can always corral people to bid $1 so that we have maybe 500 bids of $1. No prizes for guessing where the COE will go.

It's all about playing with the psychological mindset of buyers

Dont have auto window? Hard to believe for a 1.4L accent? Think last generation accent also have power window?!
  • Praise 1

I doubt their goal is to push up COE prices as Korean cars tend to thrive better in low COE environment.

• Praise 1

I doubt their goal is to push up COE prices as Korean cars tend to thrive better in low COE environment.

nowadays K cars are not cheap.

i did some annual depreciation check and found that they are up there with the Japs, around $10k per year, after taking into account the CEV.

That leaves us to look at the features they provide.

With their high margin... it's not worth getting MIK cars...

HYUNDAI ELANTRA 1.6 AT ABS D/AB 2WD 4DR PETROL Margin = 27,854 (after including COE)

KIA FORTE K3 1.6A PETROL Margin = 18,763 (after including COE)

NISSAN SYLPHY 1.6 CVT ABS D/AIRBAG 2WD 4DR PETROL Margin = 9,273 (after including COE)

Courtesy of one motoring

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Car cost.pdf

• Praise 1

HYUNDAI ELANTRA 1.6 AT ABS D/AB 2WD 4DR PETROL Margin = 27,854 (after including COE)

NISSAN SYLPHY 1.6 CVT ABS D/AIRBAG 2WD 4DR PETROL Margin = 9,273 (after including COE)

Courtesy of one motoring

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Wow. how did the Koreans manage to do so much with so little? High Yen?

Anyway, the Nissans are value buys based on the profit margins.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Courtesy of one motoring

Why would the profit margin affect the buyer? In the end the elantra and K3 is still cheaper than the sylphy and to some people its better. Plus there are more features in the Korean cars than the Sylphy. You'll choose the lousier but more expensive car just because their profit margin is lower?

Why would the profit margin affect the buyer? In the end the elantra and K3 is still cheaper than the sylphy and to some people its better. Plus there are more features in the Korean cars than the Sylphy. You'll choose the lousier but more expensive car just because their profit margin is lower?

Sylphy is 104,800 compared to Elantra 122,399 so Sylphy is more expensive? Please read the attached official file before trying to make a point.

I'm not stopping anyone to buy MIK but the fact is it is overpriced. If they reduced their margin by 20,000 (102,399), it would definitely be cheaper than Sylphy.

By consumers paying extra 20,000, are we getting better after sales service? or are we getting better maintenance coverage? or are we paying a premium for brand names like BMW, Lexus, Mercedes etc? By having the knowledge, we can ask the dealer to give us better options, e.g. higher solar films grade, better upgrades - body kits, bigger sport rims.

$20,000 for dealers, I rather spend it on getting upgrades for Sylphy or even save up the 20,000 go for Europe tour.

• Praise 1

- all things equal, it would matter to me as I dont like the idea of people laughing to the bank w my $.

- WIth 20K, if what woud I have to bargain for to make it easier to reconcile?

- But, I recalled someone mentioned or quoted something about.....cannot just look at the available numbers look at margin (omv). Coz, sometimes AD bring in the skin & bones.......& retro fit the items to avoid the 100/140% omv. Hence, sometimes the omv may not be truly indicative.

- But at 20k diff, even with additional 100% ARF, what needs to be added to reconcile?

This is just the published price. if you are really interested and walk into the showroom, the real price is much lower than the published one.

Sylphy is 104,800 compared to Elantra 122,399 so Sylphy is more expensive? Please read the attached official file before trying to make a point.

I'm not stopping anyone to buy MIK but the fact is it is overpriced. If they reduced their margin by 20,000 (102,399), it would definitely be cheaper than Sylphy.

By consumers paying extra 20,000, are we getting better after sales service? or are we getting better maintenance coverage? or are we paying a premium for brand names like BMW, Lexus, Mercedes etc? By having the knowledge, we can ask the dealer to give us better options, e.g. higher solar films grade, better upgrades - body kits, bigger sport rims.

$20,000 for dealers, I rather spend it on getting upgrades for Sylphy or even save up the 20,000 go for Europe tour.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2