Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

Twincharged

Sylphy is 104,800 compared to Elantra 122,399 so Sylphy is more expensive? Please read the attached official file before trying to make a point.

I'm not stopping anyone to buy MIK but the fact is it is overpriced. If they reduced their margin by 20,000 (102,399), it would definitely be cheaper than Sylphy.

By consumers paying extra 20,000, are we getting better after sales service? or are we getting better maintenance coverage? or are we paying a premium for brand names like BMW, Lexus, Mercedes etc? By having the knowledge, we can ask the dealer to give us better options, e.g. higher solar films grade, better upgrades - body kits, bigger sport rims.

$20,000 for dealers, I rather spend it on getting upgrades for Sylphy or even save up the 20,000 go for Europe tour.

Didn't realise the Elantra list price so high. Just went last week and the price I got from the SE was way lower than what that list shows. I rmb the difference in price between Elantra and Sylphy is very little when I was doing my own comparison.

- all things equal, it would matter to me as I dont like the idea of people laughing to the bank w my $.

- WIth 20K, if what woud I have to bargain for to make it easier to reconcile?

- But, I recalled someone mentioned or quoted something about.....cannot just look at the available numbers look at margin (omv). Coz, sometimes AD bring in the skin & bones.......& retro fit the items to avoid the 100/140% omv. Hence, sometimes the omv may not be truly indicative.

- But at 20k diff, even with additional 100% ARF, what needs to be added to reconcile?

I think definitely can bargain lower for the Elantra if based on that list. Cuz I got a quote from the SE last week which was much lower. Definitely below 110k.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

- Elantra <110k defn sounds more reasonably.

- could be right, maybe thats MIK style, list price mark up high high.....that let the customer bargain bargain slash slash....feel good already...dotted line... :)

I went to test drive Elantra and asked about Accent. The SE show me the test drive unit and keep telling me all the bad things of Accent... confirm they are not keen to sell the Accent.

• Praise 1

I drove the current model Accent when I was in Turkey earlier this year. But what I had was a diesel with a 4AT, and it was very decent. Economy not fantastic, given it was a diesel and I drove it mostly on highways. But it has good ride comfort, and handled OK. It did understeer around the mountain roads though, but of course it's a budget car so no big complaints about the poor handling (and I did not check the tyre pressure -- it looked OK, so I just drove it out of the rental for 3 days straight and returned).

I think it's a decent car and I personally prefer its design better than the Elantra. I find the head/tail light shapes nicer.

Edited by Detach8

Sylphy is 104,800 compared to Elantra 122,399 so Sylphy is more expensive? Please read the attached official file before trying to make a point.

Komoco always have the habit to mark up the car price 10-20k.

If you buying car from them before you should know the reason.

If you want to know the actual price, you need to go down to their show room

and check. I don't think is $122,399 now.

The spec for korea cars here always become lower grade and cheapo when sell here. Whereas in ang moh market, korea cars always come with high spec or full spec.

I had rent an Elantra in Australia during my tour. Seem like SG model have the better spec.

Korean ADs have woken up and started bringing in cars with better specs.

For example, my 2012 kimchi car has auto-dimming rear view mirror, a feature which the Altis does not have until the latest model which has the LED headlamps.

Korean ADs have woken up and started bringing in cars with better specs.

For example, my 2012 kimchi car has auto-dimming rear view mirror, a feature which the Altis does not have until the latest model which has the LED headlamps.

Which kimchi model is that?

Anyway, saw the new accent on the road today, the picture looks nice but the actual car looks ugly.

Which kimchi model is that?

Anyway, saw the new accent on the road today, the picture looks nice but the actual car looks ugly.

Also saw one at Woodland area. Don't look like new car at all without seeing the SKS no. plate.

The good thing about this car is it have Manual transmission and is 6 Gears.

Nowadays it hard to find a new manual car and some more higher than 5 gears. I mean B&B car.

5th gear and 6th gear, top end speed can be really different.

I don believe a 4th gear can win a 6th gear in driving up north in highway.

Accent auto version only have 4 gears....I will not buy any car that have less than 5 gears.

My opinion only.

If the manufacturer had 6 gears I'm sure the preference would to be a shorter gearing for fuel economy. Top speed is not a priority as most cars easily exceed legal road limits these days.

Supersonic

Surprisingly still able to see quite a few new accent on the road. It means there are still people willing to buy this car, although the car price for basic spec for K3 and elantra also quite close to the new accent.

Hypersonic

Any accent owners here.. Especially manual transmission ones?

The manual accent is 5 or 6 speed?

The manual accent is 5 or 6 speed?

6 speed. So far I have driven two manual transmission car. First was Nissan, second was toyota. Both were only 5 speed manual transmission.

Hypersonic

6 speed. So far I have driven two manual transmission car. First was Nissan, second was toyota. Both were only 5 speed manual transmission.

The 6th gear should give you good FC when cruising on expressway.

But you will need to down shift to 5 or 4 gear for fast lane change or over taking.

The 6th gear should give you good FC when cruising on expressway.

But you will need to down shift to 5 or 4 gear for fast lane change or over taking.

The stated FC for MT is an impressive 17.5km/l. When I test drove, the FC for the rest drive car averaged 16.2/l and it was 100% city.

By the way, I have bought the car. Will highlight more about the features and etc. Collecting the car this week.

Supersonic

Looks like this car still quite a lot of people buy?! But for the price of the accent, maybe can buy the basic spec of elantra or k3, just thinking why choose accent le?

↡ Advertisement