Hyundai Accent 2014

Baal

I was shocked n surprised by my 1.4l fc too. Bought this car b/c wanted to save on petrol n rd tax but in the end worse than my previous 2.0l Vitara.

Initially driving on eco mode n then non-eco mode. Notice no diff. I always maintain rpm around 2k during move off and below 2k during cruising unless up slope or overtaking then around 2.5k.

My trips are usually mid n long distances. 60% city.

Car under warranty n service by komoco so not sure can request 5W30 eo or not.

I calculate my fc base on mileage divide by distance so should be accurate.

Will be driving to KL during cny. So can monitor fc base on 100% highway

Btw how do you calculate your FC?
↡ Advertisement

20171208_145545.jpg

Drove from bishan to sembawang esso station.. To trip average fc.

20171208_172744.jpg

This is the return trip, average fc.

I am surprised that despite not 100% highway, the fc is really solid.. It really boils down to your driving habits.. Note my total trip mileage had increased..

20171208_172738.jpg

One trip from esso sembawang station to bishan.

I reset my fc for each of the trip. In between I went other places hence didn't include that in. Cos I wanted to see whether my fc is consistent from bishan to sembawang esso station and vice versa. It is a mixture of expressway and normal roads.

4.3l/100km is around 23.26km/l. My ride is around 2.5yrs old.. Currently using the free 5w40 shell engine oil from kmc cos I have free 3 years servicing..

If I really do 100% highway, sure will hit way below 4l/100km which is greater than 25++km/l.

I am driving the 6 speed manual transmission.. My number one factor 2.5 years ago was the ride must be manual transmission.

Edited by Ivan_06

I was shocked n surprised by my 1.4l fc too. Bought this car b/c wanted to save on petrol n rd tax but in the end worse than my previous 2.0l Vitara.

Initially driving on eco mode n then non-eco mode. Notice no diff. I always maintain rpm around 2k during move off and below 2k during cruising unless up slope or overtaking then around 2.5k.

I think it boils down to your driving habits. I just uploaded 2 photos where I was trying to put my driving to the test.. To see how good the fc of accent is...

Surprisingly, the fc of accent is getting better and better.. My manual accent is coming to 2.5 years old now.

But my average fc inclusive of city bad jams and idling is around 16km/l.

And surprisingly, the fc is getting better and better. When I first started off, the fc wasn't as impressive as it is now.

Move off rpm at 2k is far too low... For me I am driving manual, when move off my rpm shoots off to close to 3k then I upshift to 2nd gear. From 2nd gear onwards, it's up shifting at 2.5k rpm. 3th gear even lower rpm upshift at 2.2k rpm.. The higher the gear, the lower rpm required for upshifting. But then these days, I dun even really see, just based on sound, gut feel and feedback from the engine.

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

For very accurate readings, put your car to full tank first.

Then when it is running low, pump it up to full tank again.. Take the mileage divided by fuel pumped..

I joined the attrage Facebook group. There were drivers who complained that their FC is getting worse till 10km/l after 2 years . my manual accent is on the contrary, getting better as time goes by. It's 2.5 years old le.

For very accurate readings, put your car to full tank first.

Then when it is running low, pump it up to full tank again.. Take the mileage divided by fuel pumped..

Not you la. The other person who said his auto accent is 8-10km/l. I find it quite impossible unless 100% stop and go all the time.

Yes, under-revving always cause high fuel consumption.

Press oil door harder to 3K. Don't get too tempted to use higher gear than necessary especially if there is slowdown ahead. Most minor roads require 3rd gear only for speed at about 50 km/hr. Don't use 4th gear if traffic is going to slow down ahead.

I think it boils down to your driving habits. I just uploaded 2 photos where I was trying to put my driving to the test.. To see how good the fc of accent is...

Surprisingly, the fc of accent is getting better and better.. My manual accent is coming to 2.5 years old now.

But my average fc inclusive of city bad jams and idling is around 16km/l.

And surprisingly, the fc is getting better and better. When I first started off, the fc wasn't as impressive as it is now.

Move off rpm at 2k is far too low... For me I am driving manual, when move off my rpm shoots off to close to 3k then I upshift to 2nd gear. From 2nd gear onwards, it's up shifting at 2.5k rpm. 3th gear even lower rpm upshift at 2.2k rpm.. The higher the gear, the lower rpm required for upshifting. But then these days, I dun even really see, just based on sound, gut feel and feedback from the engine.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Not you la. The other person who said his auto accent is 8-10km/l. I find it quite impossible unless 100% stop and go all the time.

Orh, and also the other person not only 100 percent stop and go all the time but maybe also for very stop distances also. Otherwise can't be 8-10km/l unless it's Nissan Sunny.

Oh typo error.

I calculate by distance divide litre of fuel.

I will pump to the brim and reset my trip meter.

Then next top up will pump to the brim again to see the total petrol used.

Hi, any1 driving the new 2017 Accent auto?

I just got mine a month ago.

My FC is super high, per liter only 8 - 10km.

Im not a heavy footer, rpm maintain below 3k.

Any idea y is it so high?

Ask komoco to check but they say nothing wrong

Such FC is worse off than my Aveo5 and I drive the Aveo5 really hard, like 3-4k before the auto gear upshift. And with such driving habits, I get a pretty consistent FC of about 10k/ltr.

Like what some said, maybe you may want to launch at a higher rpm say between 2k to 2.5km.

I'm driving the new Elantra now and my old habit still remains with me. New car usually launch off at 3k rpm before upshift. This yields me a FC of about 11-12km/ltr with a 70-30 city-highway condition.

Such FC is worse off than my Aveo5 and I drive the Aveo5 really hard, like 3-4k before the auto gear upshift. And with such driving habits, I get a pretty consistent FC of about 10k/ltr.

Like what some said, maybe you may want to launch at a higher rpm say between 2k to 2.5km.

I'm driving the new Elantra now and my old habit still remains with me. New car usually launch off at 3k rpm before upshift. This yields me a FC of about 11-12km/ltr with a 70-30 city-highway condition.

Accent has better FC than Elantra , so therefore it's likely due to the driving habits and patterns of the driver.

I have shown that FC of 22.6km/l could be achieved with accent for mixed driving from bishan neighborhood to sembawang easily station using expressways and normal roads on a weekday afternoon.

GPGT some more the to and fro trip both returned the same average fc of 4.3l/100km or 22.6km/l. I am driving manual accent though.

Accent has better FC than Elantra , so therefore it's likely due to the driving habits and patterns of the driver.

I have shown that FC of 22.6km/l could be achieved with accent for mixed driving from bishan neighborhood to sembawang easily station using expressways and normal roads on a weekday afternoon.

GPGT some more the to and fro trip both returned the same average fc of 4.3l/100km or 22.6km/l. I am driving manual accent though.

Exactly. I'm sure Accent is lighter than Elantra and hence would certainly get a better FC than 8-10km/ltr.

8-10km/ltr with a modern engine, made in Korean (lighter) is really unthinkable.

• Praise 2

Exactly. I'm sure Accent is lighter than Elantra and hence would certainly get a better FC than 8-10km/ltr.

8-10km/ltr with a modern engine, made in Korean (lighter) is really unthinkable.

Ya. Actually it's also really how one drives..

When I made the 'downgrade' from vios 1.5m to accent 1.4m, my fc also shot up.. Cos I drove the same pattern as my vios.. Vios has better horsepower,torque and 100m century sprint time.. Hence, I drove in a way to match up with my old ride.. Old ride takes 9.8s vs 11.8s (accent 1.4m) for its 100m century sprint.. So in a way, I was taxing the car unfairly..

People say cars get worse fc as time progresses, mine is the contrary. It gets better and better. Keke cos now I know how to get the max out of the ride. This doesn't mean I am road hogging, expressways I drive at 90-110km/h, normal roads at least 60km/h. Usually I am among the first few to drive off from spot, accelerating to 3k rpm before first shift to 2nd gear..

I am using the lousy shell 5w40 from komoco cos got 3 years free servicing. Imagine if I switch to 5w30.. Keke

20171208_145545.jpg

Drove from bishan to sembawang esso station.. To trip average fc.

20171208_172744.jpg

This is the return trip, average fc.

I am surprised that despite not 100% highway, the fc is really solid.. It really boils down to your driving habits.. Note my total trip mileage had increased..

20171208_172738.jpg

One trip from esso sembawang station to bishan.

I reset my fc for each of the trip. In between I went other places hence didn't include that in. Cos I wanted to see whether my fc is consistent from bishan to sembawang esso station and vice versa. It is a mixture of expressway and normal roads.

4.3l/100km is around 23.26km/l. My ride is around 2.5yrs old.. Currently using the free 5w40 shell engine oil from kmc cos I have free 3 years servicing..

If I really do 100% highway, sure will hit way below 4l/100km which is greater than 25++km/l.

I am driving the 6 speed manual transmission.. My number one factor 2.5 years ago was the ride must be manual transmission.

Mine is auto but not accent.

post-11278-0-57098800-1512784227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sktan10

Mine is auto but not accent.

Lol. You didn't even state your journey. For all we know, it's 100% expressway, taken during time where you were cruising on downslope.

I know someone would definitely challenge me with such photos hence, I include photos of my distance traveled, odometer and etc and car was parked at 0km/h. Journey was from bishan neighborhood to esso sembawang station.

If I were to take such photo which does paint a complete picture, the lowest I went while still stepping on accelerator was 1.3l/100km which would translate to 77km/l. I even got 0.0l/100km when I took my right foot off the pedal.

I know my accent manual is very fuel efficient can liao.

I know diesel / hybrid rides are very fuel efficient all together but that's another story altogether. If you want to compare like this, win liao if you ride belongs to the above category.

Edited by Ivan_06

Don't need to fight with him lar... only diesel or hybrids can achieve this type of fuel consumption figures...

I'm not surprised that the Accent can achieve this type of figures... but you must be gentle in your driving lar...

My trip computer on my Sonata (2.0 L NA petrol auto) can achieve 17.7 km/L cruising on our highways with little traffic. But real world figures is closer to 11.0 to 11.5 km/L... but my car is almost 1.5 tonnes... I drive 50% highway 50% city. Morning school rush hour. Jurong West PIE exit Eng Neo, Bukit Timah Road. Late afternoon traffic. Bukit Timah, PIE via Jalan Anak entrance to Jurong West.

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

Don't need to fight with him lar... only diesel or hybrids can achieve this type of fuel consumption figures...

I'm not surprised that the Accent can achieve this type of figures... but you must be gentle in your driving lar...

My trip computer on my Sonata (2.0 L NA petrol auto) can achieve 17.7 km/L cruising on our highways with little traffic. But real world figures is closer to 11.0 to 11.5 km/L... but my car is almost 1.5 tonnes... I drive 50% highway 50% city. Morning school rush hour. Jurong West PIE exit Eng Neo, Bukit Timah Road. Late afternoon traffic. Bukit Timah, PIE via Jalan Anak entrance to Jurong West.

My full tank average is around 16km/l.

For this fc test from bishan neighborhood to sembawang esso, I was gentle with my driving. How many % highway % city, one can use Google map to judge. First gear shift at 3k rpm, subsequent ones all 2.5k or lower rpm.. Wanted to see how good the fc can be even after close to 2.5 years of ownership. At highway around 90km/h and normal roads around 60km/h.

Running on the lousy shell 5w40 cos still on the free 3 years servicing.

Sonata stated fc is around 12.65km/l for your 11.5km/l, considered quite close.

Same for accent, stated fc for manual is around 17.5km/l, mine is 16km/l (full tank average), quite close too.

Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement