Lithium jump starter

Kb27

Wait for Powerall to have promotion. I got it at USD79 only, thanks to the heads up of forummer here.

↡ Advertisement

Very nice. Would love to hear your review in the near future. What's the warranty/return policy like if spoil within the warranty period (touch wood).

I thought they didn't send to spore, so went to get the one from alldealsasia instead :(

Hi, if you get from alldealsasia and the red cable looks like it has a shrink-wrap part, my guess is that that's a normal 250A fuse.

You might want to replace it with another cable which has rectifiers instead of fuse.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221552268873

This is a better solution, since the rectifier prevents back-charging from the alternator into the lithium battery, which doesn't like 14Vdc

Otherwise, you have to quickly disconnect the jump starter from the battery asap after the engine started, before the alternator voltage damage the lithium.

Wait for Powerall to have promotion. I got it at USD79 only, thanks to the heads up of forummer here.

Powerall if you look at their review, quite a bit of complain + cannot return. I think the genius is a better buy in my opinion.

Hi, if you get from alldealsasia and the red cable looks like it has a shrink-wrap part, my guess is that that's a normal 250A fuse.

You might want to replace it with another cable which has rectifiers instead of fuse.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221552268873

This is a better solution, since the rectifier prevents back-charging from the alternator into the lithium battery, which doesn't like 14Vdc

Otherwise, you have to quickly disconnect the jump starter from the battery asap after the engine started, before the alternator voltage damage the lithium.

Thanks much appreciate it.

Powerall if you look at their review, quite a bit of complain + cannot return. I think the genius is a better buy in my opinion.

I have Powerall from Amazon. It works pretty well.

It's supposed to have all kinds of protection, although I haven't tested it by shorting the plugs together or putting it in reverse polarity.

The main thing is to keep it fully-charged.

For Powerall, the full charge voltage at the EC5 connector output is about 12.3V

I also have a clone of Powerall, sometimes the full charge only 12.0V. If I leave it on the charger for longer, it goes up to 12.3V

Amazon usually classify any product with lithium battery as hazardous.

A lot of tools with lithium battery, they won't even ship.

I like the Noco Genius too, it seems to be very safe. It has 0V (open circuit) at the output and only applies the correct voltage when it is properly connected. So it's very "safe" for idiots who may connect in wrong polarity.

Only thing I find counterintuitive is the charger is using usb input.

Usb is 5V and it needs to multiply upwards internally to charge the 12V lithium battery.

So I believe the charging time will be longer as compared to Powerall.

Even if can return, how to when we are here? The shopping will be expensive.

Of course better buy, it cost USD50 more...haha.

i gotten mine also. chinese brand. but works great. can even use it to charge handphone , ipad etc.. and have light also.

Welcome to the club.

Now, all your friends, relatives and neighbours will call you for help to jump start their cars. [laugh]

Welcome to the club.

Now, all your friends, relatives and neighbours will call you for help to jump start their cars. [laugh]

ok la... when u help also will gain satisfaction ma.. good to help others in need also. imagine we are put into their shoes and required help.

Just wanna feedback on this jump starter.

Friend's Lancer couldn't start. So thinking ho seh liao, can finally use this device, I went down to his carpark and connected it up. Couldn't even start his car! My device was fully charged.

In the end, have to depend on my good old trusty jumpstart cable to start his car.

Disappointed, so don't put too high hope on this. Maybe it just doesn't have enough juice for a totally dead battery. Weak battery, perhaps.

I am using Powerall.

Edited by Fcw75

Friend's Lancer couldn't start. So thinking ho seh liao, can finally use this device, I went down to his carpark and connected it up. Couldn't even start his car! My device was fully charged.

In the end, have to depend on my good old trusty jumpstart cable to start his car.

Disappointed, so don't put too high hope on this. Maybe it just doesn't have enough juice for a totally dead battery. Weak battery, perhaps.

I am using Powerall.

I've already jump started many cars, with different battery conditions, even a BMW.

However, do note that the clamp lead is active on one side only. The other teeth of the clamp is not connected.

So you need to connect the clamp properly.

I've already jump started many cars, with different battery conditions, even a BMW.

However, do note that the clamp lead is active on one side only. The other teeth of the clamp is not connected.

So you need to connect the clamp properly.

Yep, you told me before bro.

But mine just couldn't start the Lancer. Quite disappointed.

I connect and disconnect the clamps twice, no go.

I am using Powerall.

No......No....No..... [dizzy]

Yep, you told me before bro.

But mine just couldn't start the Lancer. Quite disappointed.

I connect and disconnect the clamps twice, no go.

hmm...ok. If you've a voltmeter check the output of the connector, it should be 12.3V max.

I also had a cheap china clone of the Powerall, it works just as well.

I just put my Noco jump starter to use... Flat battery after leaving car in house since Tuesday afternoon.. took 1-2 min to read the instructions..less than 1 min to coconnecand use the Noco to charge my car battery for less than 1 minute, and crank... Immediate start!

I could have called car insurer AIG roadside assist eto come over and jump start.. but it means I have to immediately drive out and buy another battery in case tomorrow morning car can't start again..

Nope.. I'll just crank up with Noco tomorrow morning again if my battery died again even after the 30km drive out to charge the battery just now.. and go work, then finish work then go workshop and get the battery replaced.

Good to have the Noco around!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2