Beware motorized wheelchairs and scooters

Wbucket

hmmm? the link above seems to be for electric scooters... not the motorised ones....

right? or dam i looking at the wrong link?

What motorised ones? You sure you are in the correct thread?

yes... i'm on someone's thread about electrical skate scooter.

i also helped answer someone's query about segway, just thought i'd ask if anyone knew of any merchants in sg selling motorised scooters too... since we were on the topic of scooter.

i may have not been clear, you may have misunderstood "motorised". [thumbsup]

but since the TS started on scooters, hope he doesn't mind me asking about motorised ones. if TS minds, i'll keep quiet! =)

Where do you intend to ride this electric scooter? On the pedestrian walkways or the road? You'll be running into pedestrians if you use it on the walkways; do pity the pedestrians. If on the road, best to check if it's legal. Sigh! Singapore and its rules!

• Praise 1

Yo, I am the TS. [cool] Electric scooter is also "motorised" ma. Or you mean those using liquid fuel? Don't get those la, be environment friendly. [sunny]

This can only be use on pavement and parks. Smaller than inline skates or bicycle, so shouldn't be a problem. Speed is low too. Cannot be use on roads, read somewhere about it being categorize together with those electrical bicycle.

I just wanna rant here. Of late, I noticed lotsa motorised bicycles driving on the road as if it belongs to there father! Zip in and out without a care. A few times, they almost caused accidents when people gotta jam brake to avoid them.

What I saw next takes the cake and it happened many times. The infamous wheelchair with Red Flag that ply Gullemard, Geylang area. This handicap guy machine is so low u can hardly see him except his flag and he takes the road as if he is driving. I mean, no discrimination... but this is not the way to 'travel'!!! Many people have reported seeing this guy and my cab driver friend went to the extent of informing TP, still nothing done. Perhaps, when someone kill him then TP will take notice? Just last Friday, I also saw an Indian motorised wheelchair 'driving' on one lane along Balesteir in heavy rain. Gosh, what's with these people?

Have u seen them around?

Edited by Achtung

honestly speaking, with SG's aging population, such things will be more common. children will buy motorised wheelchair for their dads......

you are lucky you didnt meet any of these guys:

but i think the wheel chair with tracks is way cool [pirate] what a way to age gracefully 4x4 style [pirate]

maybe lup in a few HIDs, LEDs, hella horn, loudhailers, police blinker [laugh][laugh][idea]

yar, if TP does something about it ar...the next thing u noe there will be COE for motorized wheelchairs. Motor below 2000Watt one Class A COE. hahahaha,

But yar, even worst I saw before some stupid cyclist cycle on the road like he driving a vehicle litat. He travel on the right most lane u noe. Then follow green arrow turn right. WTF man?!?!?!

you are right man [laugh] next time confirm got coe of these kind of motorised wheelchairs [laugh]

dmammn it man....maybe next time i become ah gong, i go buy a tracked wheelchair and carry my grandson around in zoo [cool][sunny]

I notice more and more people with walking difiiculties are moving around the neighhood with three wheel scooters. It a great way to go as such people can be very independence without the need of any assistance.

post-272-1271651579_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement