Anyone got car left 3-4 months want to get rid of?

M3e92

My uncle wanted to sell his Toyota Corona 1.6A (AT190) Reg 1995 COE expiry May-2015. My uncle is the fourth owner. Asking price $4,800 neg.

That Countach in the background...... [crazy]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hey guys. New here. Just wanted to ask, do you all know where do the scraped cars go to? Do u guys know where is the place?

Edited by 3diamonds
  • Praise 1

Try calling those dealers who export and ask them if you car can sell for export. Iht get a better deal. Must negotiate.they liketo put their name card on the cars parked in carpark.

Now dep reasonable one ask 8k per year. Already quite high but demand strong. 10k really bo hua as new car dep is only slightly more.

you never say i also never go and check, nowadays is really buy old sunny also must tahan 9k depreciation.

the tipping point seems to be 2005 cars, depreciation still quite low. but beyond that, suddenly increase by a lot.

• Praise 1

This is a hardy and reliable car.

But close to 5k for less than 6 months is not a good deal. He should be asking lesser like 3k.

its an old car after all.

This car indeed reliable. My uncle is a meticulous car owner. I sent his car for servicing every 5,000 mileage and spare parts are easily available.

Furthermore road tax just newly renewed till May-2015 expire. Therefore $4,800 asking price is reasonable yet negotiable.

This car indeed reliable. My uncle is a meticulous car owner. I sent his car for servicing every 5,000 mileage and spare parts are easily available.

Furthermore road tax just newly renewed till May-2015 expire. Therefore $4,800 asking price is reasonable yet negotiable.

Hope a new buyer will come along and appreciate this good ride.

Yup , no more new Sunny.Went to look and found 8 yrs old Sulphy.owner asking 10k per yr depreciation. Is it worthwhile ? One month depreciate $900.

Back to taking MRT/ bus.

We are in the same shoes, with a high FC car and expiring COE at the wrong time.

I had considered renewing the Sunny, but i think with the bad FC, it is not a good choice for COE renewal. The extra Fuel savings with a normal car such as Altis can be easily 50%. $1000 savings per year.

Depreciate per year over 10 years COE renewal.

$6700+$1000 (Additional fuel cost) +$800 (Avg Dep lost over OMV) = $8500. ==> Why renew?

In the end succumbed to purchase a 2nd hand toyota off the market at appx 10.5k depreciation.

from 5k depreciate car to 10.5 dep car. Now can start eat grass liao...

Edited by almond78
  • Praise 1

On an old car like that, I don't know why anyone would bother servicing it every 5000km. It's not a sports car that requires frequent oil changes. This Corona depreciates around 9600 per year coupled with the fact that the body of the car isn't worth much. I don't think anyone would wanna pay that kind of money for this car. I can get a Saab 9-5 for less than that yearly depreciation.

• Praise 1

Personally I own 2 cars. I have a "sunny" but not those typical sunny type on road. I take very good care of my car. Its purely beautiful white! new paint over 1k 1yr ago.... Been polishing and taking good care. Shiny like a white bmw.

Honestly I am a car lover, its really heavy hearted the coe ending march next yr.

Dealers and scarp yard take my car without viewing at Ka ran goo nee price! only get back parf+coe with 0-100buck body value.

I feel they are just squeezing every bit out of "no choice" sellers reagardless of the car condition.

Anyone interested, let me know. Back seats and everything look good, eyes bit ageing but still.... my sunny is the most cleanest and beautiful in singapore but sadly have to go... heavy hearted.

I might also sell off the parts for sunny drivers at low price as its still in great shape rather than giving to Karangoonee!

post-143121-0-35457200-1418819229_thumb.jpg

post-143121-0-02951500-1418819234_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

We are in the same shoes, with a high FC car and expiring COE at the wrong time.

I had considered renewing the Sunny, but i think with the bad FC, it is not a good choice for COE renewal. The extra Fuel savings with a normal car such as Altis can be easily 50%. $1000 savings per year.

Depreciate per year over 10 years COE renewal.

$6700+$1000 (Additional fuel cost) +$800 (Avg Dep lost over OMV) = $8500. ==> Why renew?

In the end succumbed to purchase a 2nd hand toyota off the market at appx 10.5k depreciation.

from 5k depreciate car to 10.5 dep car. Now can start eat grass liao...

Lower dep cars around $7k+ are still avail, if you don't mind manual transmission.

They include Hyundai Getz and Verna, Proton Savvy and Wira, Kia Rio and Picanto etc.

On an old car like that, I don't know why anyone would bother servicing it every 5000km. It's not a sports car that requires frequent oil changes. This Corona depreciates around 9600 per year coupled with the fact that the body of the car isn't worth much. I don't think anyone would wanna pay that kind of money for this car. I can get a Saab 9-5 for less than that yearly depreciation.

Some old cars are prone to leaks, so the owner uses mineral oil, which requires oil change every five thousand km.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Some old cars are prone to leaks, so the owner uses mineral oil, which requires oil change every five thousand km.

Haha! No wonder why all those 8V W124 owners who post their car for sale like to say things like serviced every 5000km. It's true, most of those 8V W124s I went to look at before getting my 16V W124 had signs of oil leaks around the engine bay.

sad to say that is the going price. Hope some forummers here give a few hundred more than the Karangoonnee price and drive for few months...

Personally I own 2 cars. I have a "sunny" but not those typical sunny type on road. I take very good care of my car. Its purely beautiful white! new paint over 1k 1yr ago.... Been polishing and taking good care. Shiny like a white bmw.

Honestly I am a car lover, its really heavy hearted the coe ending march next yr.

Dealers and scarp yard take my car without viewing at Ka ran goo nee price! only get back parf+coe with 0-100buck body value.

I feel they are just squeezing every bit out of "no choice" sellers reagardless of the car condition.

Anyone interested, let me know. Back seats and everything look good, eyes bit ageing but still.... my sunny is the most cleanest and beautiful in singapore but sadly have to go... heavy hearted.

I might also sell off the parts for sunny drivers at low price as its still in great shape rather than giving to Karangoonee!

• Praise 2

Buy another car and get this one traded in. They may offer more for the body of the Sunny.

↡ Advertisement