Credit Card Debt Solution

Thanks for all the advise, maybe will get him to read this forum. I think he never gamble one. But like what some of you say, he drinks and mix around with zhu peng gou you.

When we are in a group talking to each other, he seem very stress out about the situation as he dunno what to do. He "consult" his zhu peng gou you fren and they bring him go drink and such.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

During that time, I also never confided in my girlfriend then, but it was the best thing that happened to me: I saw her true colours, because she was a fair-weathered girlfriend who only wanted the good times but did not want the bad times. She dumped me just by sending an sms: good riddance.

So be strong, be resilient: make good with your debts, and don't overspend.

You'll be free again one day, like me now.

Congrats, and thanks for sharing. Must have took you quite some courage to share something quite personal. Anyway, thanks for sharing so others don't fall into the same hole.

Good luck with your life, and hope your partner now is better..

• Praise 4

Dear @Spring and @Hydrocarbon,

Thank you for your kind words above.

I shared my story which I have kept to myself for the past twelve years because I would like to TS (thread starter) to know that I went through this hell, and not 纸上谈兵。

There is no magic or shortcuts: forget about buying 4D Toto Big Sweep, trade forex or bet on sports to recover from this, you just have to cut back on your expenses and pay back your debts.

And the good thing after all this, you will realize that life is just but a dream, forget about driving the latest cars, gadgets, going to the best holiday destinations etc.

Live humbly and within your means, 广结善缘, 助人如助己, you will then cherish your lot in life and maybe make this world a slightly better place for everyone.

• Praise 7

Dear @Spring and @Hydrocarbon,

Thank you for your kind words above.

I shared my story which I have kept to myself for the past twelve years because I would like to TS (thread starter) to know that I went through this hell, and not 纸上谈兵。

There is no magic or shortcuts: forget about buying 4D Toto Big Sweep, trade forex or bet on sports to recover from this, you just have to cut back on your expenses and pay back your debts.

And the good thing after all this, you will realize that life is just but a dream, forget about driving the latest cars, gadgets, going to the best holiday destinations etc.

Live humbly and within your means, 广结善缘, 助人如助己, you will then cherish your lot in life and maybe make this world a slightly better place for everyone.

I keep on telling people this but nobody believe me....

*sob sob*

• Praise 7

Always clear all cc bills every month and avoid those overdraft loans.

Spend within means, sleep well at night :)

• Praise 16

Look pretty so what?

Gcp mentality, don't block the way

爱慕虚荣

Cannot down to earth

But ownself go simi hang flower joint, sian simi pinoy girl, ownself dig own grave

• Praise 1

waliao......this wan ultimate pawn ownself.....7k a month.....can go buy a nice condo and a good car! But forget about the pinoy lar

remember bro, no money no honey. Pinoy gone liao. Bcos he borrow from her too to service the min sum payment.

• Praise 1

remember bro, no money no honey. Pinoy gone liao. Bcos he borrow from her too to service the min sum payment.

what i meant was about the 7k monthly payment....with that he is paying now he could have afforded all those things i listed minus the pinoy! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 2

what i meant was about the 7k monthly payment....with that he is paying now he could have afforded all those things i listed minus the pinoy!

7k a month not enough for all those things and a GF? I think it is more than enough.

• Praise 3

7k a month not enough for all those things and a GF? I think it is more than enough.

depends on the car and type of condo. If normal ones sure it is more than enough and i didnt say gf....i said pinoy!

Guys. . . . Want to check with you guys do you guys have any encounter with overspending of credit cards?

I have one friend who have overspend on his credit cards and ready credit and is very stress over this issue.

Is there anyway i can help him beside lending him money?

Debts always stressful. I was in similar situation just 5 years back but not because of overspending but of failed business. Car is a big liability if there is one. Sell it. For property, better not touch it because still need a roof over the head unless the month repayment is very high then downgrade to smaller unit.

No more luxuries. No more expensive dining. No more vacations (maybe short ones to nearby). No more spending on credit.

Next is crucial. Must have stable income. Go to the bank and speak to a manager to see if there is a way for longer repayment period so that the monthly repayment can be more manageable.

• Praise 7

Debts always stressful. I was in similar situation just 5 years back but not because of overspending but of failed business. Car is a big liability if there is one. Sell it. For property, better not touch it because still need a roof over the head unless the month repayment is very high then downgrade to smaller unit.

No more luxuries. No more expensive dining. No more vacations (maybe short ones to nearby). No more spending on credit.

Next is crucial. Must have stable income. Go to the bank and speak to a manager to see if there is a way for longer repayment period so that the monthly repayment can be more manageable.

Very well said bro! I've been lucky not to be in this situation before but I know of close friends and

relatives who were in this situation. Some even resulted in broken marriages, family disowning them and friends shunning them like the plague!

Life can be very lonely when you are in this state. That's why I alway advocate thrift and instil this value to my daughter as well. Told her many times that life is not a bed of roses and not everyday is a sunny day.

By thrift I mean spending wisely, within your means and not be extravagant even if you can afford it. That said, some friends feel that thrift=stingy but I don't agree cos we could lose our jobs/livelihood, strike by illness anytime so be prepared and not be complacent.

It's not all doom and gloom though so enjoy life as well responsibly, cheers!

• Praise 8

Very well said bro! I've been lucky not to be in this situation before but I know of close friends and

relatives who were in this situation. Some even resulted in broken marriages, family disowning them and friends shunning them like the plague!

Life can be very lonely when you are in this state. That's why I alway advocate thrift and instil this value to my daughter as well. Told her many times that life is not a bed of roses and not everyday is a sunny day.

By thrift I mean spending wisely, within your means and not be extravagant even if you can afford it. That said, some friends feel that thrift=stingy but I don't agree cos we could lose our jobs/livelihood, strike by illness anytime so be prepared and not be complacent.

It's not all doom and gloom though so enjoy life as well responsibly, cheers!

Thanks. It's not easy definitely. My relationship with my wife took a serious beating. Arguments almost every other day. It was bad.... really bad. I was not only in debt but in two lawsuits as a result of the fail business. It dragged on for 4 years. Lawyers are bloodsuckers.... no doubt about it. I almost had a mental breakdown.

Now, I have cleared almost all debts. Left with just $5k to the bank. I can clear it at one go but I purposely left it there to service it monthly as a reminder to me not to be too trusting in business anymore.

I don't spend on luxuries like clothings or watches. Not even on vacations. Only spend mostly on my children now. But still got a soft spot for cars. Now considering another one [:p]

• Praise 8

Lucky for me, I have always clear my cc every month end. Never in this situation before, although I have several cards

Since young, my late mother always said one must know how to save.. No point for one to make $10K a month, but spend $11K a month. You are great , even if you make only $3k a month, but yet can save.

Thank you, mother [thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6