BMW 2 Series (MPV)

Thaiyotakamli

New facelift B class is here, $159,888, motor show discount $3000, $3000 service credit.

Not sure if features got bump up.

Pls share if BMW is offering similar discounts.

Dilemma on the 2 choices, while waiting on COE price direction.

Price of 218 business is at 166.8k

Normal discount is 5k

Trade in discount is 3k

Motor show discount is 2k

Package include 3M solar film and floor Matt

3 years basic service inclusive or 60000km whichever come first.

$800 PML vouchers with min 50% loan

Above is PML motor show promo... Applicable to ex-stock only !

Think the overtrade amount is abit low & they arenot offering good

value for my 2007 B class...

Anyone got better offer ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Price of 218 business is at 166.8k

Normal discount is 5k

Trade in discount is 3k

Motor show discount is 2k

Package include 3M solar film and floor Matt

3 years basic service inclusive or 60000km whichever come first.

$800 PML vouchers with min 50% loan

Above is PML motor show promo... Applicable to ex-stock only !

Think the overtrade amount is abit low & they arenot offering good

value for my 2007 B class...

Anyone got better offer ?

Understand there is another offer of $10k lower at $156,800 but COE rebate lower thus meaning they bid lower for you. This I guess is the tikam route which many ADs offer as well but seldom used by PML.

• Praise 6

Harrier is from PI and its 2.4l at least right? I prefer lower cc car but I'm aware it may be underpowered though. Guess u can't have your cake n eat it but Contis these days are more into lower cc, turbos so shld be sufficient.

New one is 2.0.

Turbo has its advantage but NA also.

You may refer to the harrier topic.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2691999-new-harrier-japan/page-56

I am also consdiering these models B-class, 2-series, Qashqai (low price), X-trail (7 seats capable, even though cramp last two seats)

The advantage of B-classs is it belongs to CAT A which means low cost maybe?

• Praise 1

I am also consdiering these models B-class, 2-series, Qashqai (low price), X-trail (7 seats capable, even though cramp last two seats)

I am also considering bobo V40 D2. Just talked to SE, basic model $140k nett, with $3k credit voucher which can be used to buy $1.9k service package. He mentioned better features and quality compared to "basic" B class ("sales pitch").

Waiting for review on B class in this community.

• Praise 1

Viewed the facelift B-Class at motorshow,

Like its interior. Good headroom and legroom and good boot size as well.

Can sit 3 behind comfortably.

Effective price at approx $148k as C&C giving total of 11k discount.

$5k overtrade

$3k motorshow promotion

$3k servicing package

Talk to one of the SE and gotten the impression they are able to give more than this if firm on buying.

• Praise 1

Viewed the facelift B-Class at motorshow,

Like its interior. Good headroom and legroom and good boot size as well.

Can sit 3 behind comfortably.

Effective price at approx $148k as C&C giving total of 11k discount.

$5k overtrade

$3k motorshow promotion

$3k servicing package

Talk to one of the SE and gotten the impression they are able to give more than this if firm on buying.

Did you compare with the BMW 2 series? Interested to know how they compare head to head.

Me going Motorshow tomorrow so I'll also compare but always interested to hear from others, cheers!!

• Praise 5

I like the high seating arrangements cos I fetch my parents and in-laws quite frequently so easier for them to get in and also thought it would be nice to finally own a luxury brand. That said, I'm cost conscious esp in this high COE climate so I won't discount Jap cars after all I've owned various Jap cars for many years now. You have some recommendations? Feel free to give feedback, cheers😀

PS. BMW 2 looks better than the slightly dated B Class but I've not seen the facelift model yet but shouldn't be much diff.

Ha how many cars can we have a chance to own here in sg. If u like it and it's within your budget, get a conti!

Though I do think the rav4 or vezel look better on the outside.

• Praise 2

Ha how many cars can we have a chance to own here in sg. If u like it and it's within your budget, get a conti!

Though I do think the rav4 or vezel look better on the outside.

Thanks for the feedback bro!! Not seen the Vezel physically though saw some on the roads. Agent should be bringing in HRV from what I understand but that is Thai made. I prefer not to buy from PI if possible.

Anyway I in no hurry cos my car only reaching 5 yrs later this year but like to do homework early so when ready, know which model to get and also lots of feedback from the forumers here is always helpful!! [thumbsup]

• Praise 6

Understand there is another offer of $10k lower at $156,800 but COE rebate lower thus meaning they bid lower for you. This I guess is the tikam route which many ADs offer as well but seldom used by PML.

wow.......it should be non-guarantee COE !?

looks like can go dwon the the showrooms this weekend!

• Praise 2

Thanks for the feedback bro!! Not seen the Vezel physically though saw some on the roads. Agent should be bringing in HRV from what I understand but that is Thai made. I prefer not to buy from PI if possible.

Anyway I in no hurry cos my car only reaching 5 yrs later this year but like to do homework early so when ready, know which model to get and also lots of feedback from the forumers here is always helpful!! [thumbsup]

I saw alot of Vezels but sorry I find the design is average.

Either 2 series or B class. I find both is good for you :D

• Praise 2

What is your current ride?

What is your current ride?

Honda Civic FD1.6, this is a very responsive car for a Jap 1.6l n actually I'm happy with it but as it will be 5yr old this yr (longest car I've owned so far) thought it would be good and also time to change. The ADs are not giving that fantastic offers at beginning of the year coz in Nov/Dec, PML was giving around $20k discounts I understand (mixture of overtrades, discounts etc). Think they wanted to meet their quota so may have to wait awhile more!

• Praise 6

I saw alot of Vezels but sorry I find the design is average.

Either 2 series or B class. I find both is good for you :D

Thks for your feedback👍. U Merc n BMW man so must listen to you more haha!!

• Praise 8

i saw the 2 series mpv on d road... it looks v short n fat... sorry not used to a BMW looking like that... im sure its a good car but just a personal issue with its looks...

they shld just stick to sedans, wagons, coupes n SUVs..

• Praise 2

i saw the 2 series mpv on d road... it looks v short n fat... sorry not used to a BMW looking like that... im sure its a good car but just a personal issue with its looks...

I sort of agree. Maybe cos the earlier a class and now the b class has been around for a while, can picture the mercs looking like such.

• Praise 2

I think the main problem with the look is the signature grills of BMW. It does not translate well into the shorter and taller hood of MPVs. They look too much like nostrils. (sorry BM fans [lipsrsealed] )

• Praise 1