What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

Actually I mean how come 2 figures quoted for Aug - Aug 2018 $34,197 $34,991

Which one do we use? Is it one for 1st half of Aug and one for second half renewal?

PQP for the following month only calculated (average of past 3 months or 6 bids) after the 2nd bidding of the previous month.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Let’s say if my Coe ends 17Aug, I remember there is an option to pay later in Sep but will kenna a small late penalty fee, correct? If so do we still use Aug figure (based on average May-Jul), or can use Sep PQP if I am willing to pay late penalty?

Neutral Newbie

Hi. Anyone knows a reasonable workshop? I hv not own a car since 13 years ago but recently just got a opc avante manual which I will renew coe by Dec. I will need to change the clutch, timing belt, wheels bearing n probably lower arms. Genuine car owners pls. Thanks

Letâs say if my Coe ends 17Aug, I remember there is an option to pay later in Sep but will kenna a small late penalty fee, correct? If so do we still use Aug figure (based on average May-Jul), or can use Sep PQP if I am willing to pay late penalty?

Positive. And your new COE will take effect from 1 Sept if you use Sept PQP. But you can't drive it between 18 Aug to 31 Aug.

Twincharged

Positive. And your new COE will take effect from 1 Sept if you use Sept PQP. But you can't drive it between 18 Aug to 31 Aug.

If I am not wrong, I was told the PQP will be August PQP even if you renew in Sept and pay the late penalty. New COE will start the day after previous COE ends.

(edited)

Coe has been on hovering 70k plus and nobody know when it will drop and new car and used car (2L and above) price is still very expensive to certain people even for 2L and below

for those who currently own a car now and the coe going to expire soon and caught in the middle of buying new or used car

but if the currently own car (2L and above) is in good condition and have been service regularly, will be make sense to renew it if just paying 70k plus for the next 10 years as the new/ used car depreciation is above 10k and above for a 2L car

no doubts, Japanese cars such as 8Gen Civic is the most worth to renew COE, now only 30k or less can buy next 10yrs car,

Edited by MQX87511
  • Praise 1

This year could be the best year to renew COE due to VES and larger quota from Aug-Oct 2018.

According to this article (which is reasonably good): https://www.stcars.sg/guides-articles/the-best-time-to-buy-a-car-144329, the next dry period for COE is 2019-2013.

The COE supply graph here: https://coe.sgcharts.com/ also shows the generally the trend is down from 2017.  You can clearly see a 10-year cycle peak-to-peak in 2007/2008 to 2017/2018.  This reinforces the above article's projection of the dry period in the next 5 years.

Therefore, after 2018 the COE prices are likely to climb again for the next 5 years if there is no economic shocks or major policy changes to the COE.

Hi, I would like to renew my Coe which is going to expire on 27 August . Am I able to use August 2018 pqp to renew my Coe ?

Am waiting for two more bidding of Coe in August before

I renew my Coe.

Question is will the 2 round of COE in August determine the August pqp or September pqp?

Similar case to you, my COE is expiring on 26 August. I'm waiting for the 2nd bidding in Aug (22 Aug) which will determine Sept PQP. Once Aug 2nd bidding is over, we may use either Aug or Sept, whichever is lower to renew our COE.

July PQP is out of my consideration as it was 37k+.

Similar case to you, my COE is expiring on 26 August. I'm waiting for the 2nd bidding in Aug (22 Aug) which will determine Sept PQP. Once Aug 2nd bidding is over, we may use either Aug or Sept, whichever is lower to renew our COE.

July PQP is out of my consideration as it was 37k+.

So if mine ends 17Aug, I only need to stop driving until 22Aug to choose betw Aug and Sep COE, no need to wait until 1Sep to choose which month COE to use. Actually can I wait longer like until Oct/Nov COE, as I understand penalty will increase a little more if wait longer right?

So if mine ends 17Aug, I only need to stop driving until 22Aug to choose betw Aug and Sep COE, no need to wait until 1Sep to choose which month COE to use. Actually can I wait longer like until Oct/Nov COE, as I understand penalty will increase a little more if wait longer right?

Nope, max only within 1 month after ur coe expire.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/coe1.html

So if my Coe ending 17Aug, to choose betw Aug and Sep Coe renewal price (assuming dropping trend), I will have betw 22Aug (Aug 2nd bidding date) to 16Sep to renew, same penalty amount, is this understanding correct?

Actually do not work that way. After the 2nd July COE bidding the PQP for August is out. So when you renew it will be this PQP unless you renew before August in which you will use the July PQP. So you need to calculate which is more beneficial to you. You still have a few days to do it!

So you will not be able to use Sept PQP (after both August COE bidding end). The new COE will start after your current COE expiry date, meaning you will lose the days after the expiry date!

Even if you renew after your COE expiry the PQP will still be the August PQP (plus the penalty). If you do not renew within 1 month of your COE expiry then you MUST DISPOSE of your vehicle immediately.

So for your case you have until 22 August to renew your COE at the August PQP.

The latest you can delay (pay August PQP + penalty) is till 21st Sept then you will have to DISPOSE of your vehicle, no matter what.

But why delay as there is actually not much benefit.

• Praise 5

I feel the Golf GT MKV 1.4 with 170 BHP wet clutch (certain batches) would be a good collector edition with a super charger and a turbo charger.

Probably the last version to have a 2 in one engine config for years to come because of the emission law.

• Praise 1

Actually do not work that way. After the 2nd July COE bidding the PQP for August is out. So when you renew it will be this PQP unless you renew before August in which you will use the July PQP. So you need to calculate which is more beneficial to you. You still have a few days to do it!

So you will not be able to use Sept PQP (after both August COE bidding end). The new COE will start after your current COE expiry date, meaning you will lose the days after the expiry date!

Even if you renew after your COE expiry the PQP will still be the August PQP (plus the penalty). If you do not renew within 1 month of your COE expiry then you MUST DISPOSE of your vehicle immediately.

The latest you can delay (pay August PQP + penalty) is till 21st Sept then you will have to DISPOSE of your vehicle, no matter what.

If cannot choose Sep Coe then no point delay, I thought delay can use Sep Coe which I think will be down. But why last day is 21Sep and not exactly 1 month after Coe expiry- 1 mth after 17Aug which is 16Sep latest, after that must scrap car

If cannot choose Sep Coe then no point delay, I thought delay can use Sep Coe which I think will be down. But why last day is 21Sep and not exactly 1 month after Coe expiry- 1 mth after 17Aug which is 16Sep latest, after that must scrap car

Sorry saw the wrong COE epxiry date. [:p]

This is correct. You think u can cheat gahmen fweeling meh?
  • Praise 1

Please kindly do your due diligence to verify info before posting this info hahaha, make ppl happy for awhile then end up not true, they will be very sad one  :XD:

I feel the Golf GT MKV 1.4 with 170 BHP wet clutch (certain batches) would be a good collector edition with a super charger and a turbo charger.

Probably the last version to have a 2 in one engine config for years to come because of the emission law.

My friend just renewed her golf Gt 2008, a neighbour did so as well, seems like a good car to keep!