What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

Twincharged

If cannot choose Sep Coe then no point delay, I thought delay can use Sep Coe which I think will be down. But why last day is 21Sep and not exactly 1 month after Coe expiry- 1 mth after 17Aug which is 16Sep latest, after that must scrap car

Yup. Only can use PQP before. Not after the month your COE expires.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

What’s the additional road tax payment like, how many percent more per year and need to pay until which year? Any difference in insurance after renew Coe?

Turbocharged

LOL. Who say can take "unpaid leave" for your car as and when you like, then happy pay COE to use the car again?!  [smash]

• Praise 1

Thanks for reply, 2nd part of my earlier question what about insurance any “surcharge” like road tax?

Govt allows unpaid leave up to one month after Coe expiry, provided u pay a slight overdue penalty then can use again

(edited)

Thanks for reply, 2nd part of my earlier question what about insurance any âsurchargeâ like road tax?

Govt allows unpaid leave up to one month after Coe expiry, provided u pay a slight overdue penalty then can use again

No such thing as unpaid leave for coe renewal la. You think gahmen stew pig ah?

Road tax load 10% extra each year until hit 50%. Insurance become 3rd party.

Edited by Mockngbrd

nowadays COE car insurance can buy comprehensive until 15th year liao..

my car 11 years still comprehensive

COE car can still get comprehensive insurance. :D

(edited)

Thanks again. That time I kenna whacked head on when I hv right of way wanna claim the other party full, but workshop says cannot use NEW parts becos insurance excess is low for old car, so only can do replacement with the cheaper old parts- so is this apply for renewed Coe car?

Edited by tmsan

Supercharged

Thanks for reply, 2nd part of my earlier question what about insurance any “surcharge” like road tax?

Insurance goes up.

I was paying about $800 before 10. now, over $1k.up about 25%.

They deem we hack care about safe driving and higher risk of langgar. I guess.

• Praise 1

Insurance goes up.

I was paying about $800 before 10. now, over $1k.up about 25%.

They deem we hack care about safe driving and higher risk of langgar. I guess.

Insurance goes up every year. So I like pay the same amount every year even the car getting older and market value lower.

My friend just renewed her golf Gt 2008, a neighbour did so as well, seems like a good car to keep!

Hmm... I thought golf have lots of issues?

Hmm... I thought golf have lots of issues?

This particular model is pretty ok, using the wet 6 speed dsg, so it's renewable, plus, 170hp twincharged 1.4, worth keeping

• Praise 2

Thanks again. That time I kenna whacked head on when I hv right of way wanna claim the other party full, but workshop says cannot use NEW parts becos insurance excess is low for old car, so only can do replacement with the cheaper old parts- so is this apply for renewed Coe car?

Got such thing meh

Found out that

- Still can get comprehensive insurance at least fr 11-15th years,

- Wkshop and insurance assessor really work together to reduce use of new spare parts on old cars, especially comes to claiming on the other party who’s at fault, if your own car is old there is a limit cap, cannot replace with new parts becos your own insurance does not allow, this is a disadvantage of driving old cars not mentioned often

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2