What make and model worth renew COE after 10 years

Maskedrider

Liteace is no issues one la. My FIL drove 2 x Liteace for 20+ years until scrap. Never even do any major repair

No wonder Liteace is so common on the road and also can find many old Liteace. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No wonder Liteace is so common on the road and also can find many old Liteace.

Barebones rock solid vehicle.

Lol just that sometimes can't start up if u leave it for too many days.

My FIL like most such owners do only absolutely bare minimum servicing one.

ya, liteace i see alot of my neighbour still using, all is renew coe.

new 1 the price much higher then nissan nv 200( i think )

but from what i heard nv200 quite lousy .

NV200 new one with auto transmission is running petrol fuel instead of diesel. New unit selling around $60k. My customer feed back to me that the 1600cc machine always under power. Maybe that's why is not a priority choice. But for small business might be a good.

Liteace is no issues one la. My FIL drove 2 x Liteace for 20+ years until scrap. Never even do any major repair

Ya lo. I wonder will Toyota Hiace follow the legacy of Liteace? Because most of them will go for New Hiace when comes to Liteace end of life. Is it like trade-in an iPhone 3gs for new iPhone XS Max?  :D

Twincharged

This looks about right for a daily drive for the kids to drive

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=810358&DL=2408

810358_1.jpg

And this looks reasonable for a 1 owner car

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=814567&DL=2264

814567_2b.jpg

Price $2,688 spacer.gifspacer.gifDepreciation

qmark_grey_16x16.png N.A. Reg Date 04-Sep-1992

(20days COE left)

Now $1388. https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=814567
  • Praise 1

Mitsubishi Lancer as mentioned by some bros in this tread worth renew. Those glx version according to warranty direct which is feedback from uk drivers. Soon to be ex owner as bought new car. If not renewed coe so high would have continued driving it.

post-304922-0-31310900-1555470454_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Hiace is a better drive van than Liteace, and I also think it looks better in design.

NV200 new one with auto transmission is running petrol fuel instead of diesel. New unit selling around $60k. My customer feed back to me that the 1600cc machine always under power. Maybe that's why is not a priority choice. But for small business might be a good.

Ya lo. I wonder will Toyota Hiace follow the legacy of Liteace? Because most of them will go for New Hiace when comes to Liteace end of life. Is it like trade-in an iPhone 3gs for new iPhone XS Max?  :D

• Praise 1

Mitsubishi Lancer as mentioned by some bros in this tread worth renew. Those glx version according to warranty direct which is feedback from uk drivers. Soon to be ex owner as bought new car. If not renewed coe so high would have continued driving it.

got 2 close friends renew this car.

one 10 years.

one 5 years.

Hiace is a better drive van than Liteace, and I also think it looks better in design.

hi ace is big van,

liteace is mini van .... 

Edited by Beregond

Twincharged

Would like some opinions.

Have a CatB coe car due in 12/2021. For sure would renew and keep.

Make sense to renew now at 35k or wait?

Current pqp paid was 72k. Bought it used after the coe was paid.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

This thread is about what make and model, so must share leh .

I suppose your PARF written off about $30k, that trasnlates into about 10k depre a year including COE+parf.

If you renew it early now, you will have to forgo about $26k of depre(2year7month). Dont forget, 10 years later, you will have to patch 2.5year of depre because you terminate the current COE earlier. That will be about another $8.75k(3.5k+3.5k+1.75k) of patch.

All in all you lose about $34.75k. The critical questionnis Whether would COE go up by 34k from the current level would be your consideration, but no one has that answer.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Based on your current PQP of 72K the depre of 7.2K per yr works out to about 17K residue value till 12/2021. That's the amount you will lose by renewing early.

Even if PQP goes up to 50K by Jan 2022 the saving you get by renewing early only adds up to 15K.

You also in a sense lose 2.5 yrs of its life by starting early for the next 10 yrs COE cycle.

That's how I look at it which I don't think is worth renewing now.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

This thread is about what make and model, so must share leh .

I suppose your PARF written off about $30k, that trasnlates into about 10k depre a year including COE+parf.

If you renew it early now, you will have to forgo about $26k of depre(2year7month). Dont forget, 10 years later, you will have to patch 2.5year of depre because you terminate the current COE earlier. That will be about another $8.75k(3.5k+3.5k+1.75k) of patch.

All in all you lose about $34.75k. The critical questionnis Whether would COE go up by 34k from the current level would be your consideration, but no one has that answer.

It’s a coe Merc. No parf. Just say that it’s rare enough to warrant keeping. Edited by Mkl22

Twincharged

My calculation is different from the others so i could be dead wrong......but here goes

as you already have coe until 12/2021, you are actually paying 35411 for extension of 89 months ( 12/2021 to 4/2029).

120/89 x 35411 = 47745 .

effective pqp you will be paying is 47745.

Edited by sake

Itâs a coe Merc. No parf. Just say that itâs rare enough to warrant keeping.

If no parf, your current COE write off for 2.5 year would be about $18k, plus 10 years later you have of replace your car earlier by 2.5years, that opportunity cost is about $8.75k. So all in all, you have about $25k of safety margin from the current COE to play with. The question then, would COE go to $70k by Dec 2021? I think possible but then further higher from 70k is less likely because there would be some 5 year COE car due for recycle then. Your risk and exposure of not renewing now is therefore not high.

Assuming all else equal, if goes to 70k by dec 2021, it would be better you renew in 2021 because you have a 70k COE to support your car value, if at anytime you decide to scrap it, resell or even car get stolen etc etc, you could get back 7k per year of balanced COE, instead of 3.5k per year if you will to renew it now.

Of course my theory and assumptions could be wrong, hope wont confuse your decision making.

This is one unique situation where one have to renew COE when it is high, may sound foolish but it is what it is.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement