Shisha Smoking Got Banned

Mockngbrd

the idea of passing the shisha pipe around the table and sharing saliva throughout the table baffles me. i dont like to share saliva [shakehead]

and always gotta hide in the backlane for shisha cos the outside tables were taken up.. hahaha.. so not only cig need to hide one corner k

pass pipe, share around? [grin][sly]

↡ Advertisement

Cannot be so cruel lah! But the projected tobacco tax collected from a smoker over 10 years (assuming it take that long to contract a smoking-related disease) must at least cover the projected medical expenses.

Let's say it takes $100K to treat a cancer case over the lifetime of the patient, then the average smoker should pay $10K tobacco tax a year. Plus some extra to employ cleaners to clean up the cigarette butts everywhere.

• Praise 1

Cannot be so cruel lah! But the projected tobacco tax collected from a smoker over 10 years (assuming it take that long to contract a smoking-related disease) must at least cover the projected medical expenses.

Let's say it takes $100K to treat a cancer case over the lifetime of the patient, then the average smoker should pay $10K tobacco tax a year. Plus some extra to employ cleaners to clean up the cigarette butts everywhere.

this can get complex. How abt if there is a good citizen needing a ventilator cos contracted cancer via passive smoking and thru a smoker who conincidentally is also on a ventilator. Then how? not so easy lah...hahah

anyway, just offering a POV lah, as this has been discussed quite a bit in other countries like loading insurance etc, and other removal of health benefits as the smoker knows the risks.

but bottomline is the tax collected. I still rem one analogy pointed out, that every 0.10c incr, buys a fleet of pointed star for 32 pax

We are worst then any communist country

Those sitting inside the air conditioning office should ban themselves 1st from drawing sky high salary

Edited by Dfx16
  • Praise 1

the problem is bro ... that some smokers can be very inconsiderate.

was at spize 2 weeks ago (bedok corner) and even though was seated at non-smoking area, people insist on lighting up. the guy next to me smoked no less than 7 ciggies during the hour he was next to us. unfortunately, the guy didnt give a shit about anyone else, and the staff also dont dare say anything to him (those huge muscle, tattoo kind of guy). just because that a**hole is too lazy to get up and cannot find a smoking table, he insist to be a nuisance to others ... >< even when i got home i was still a bit pissed off by his attitude.

edit: i will add that i used to smoke (occasionally), used to have a cigar now and then and the occasional shisha. im not against smoking.. people are free to do what they want with their lungs. but sometimes people should try to be considerate for others too.

Bo pian... the fact that the govt is banning shisha, and put a lot of restrictions on sale of ciggies, yet they are not too hard on enforcement, and continue to enjoy collecting the tax dollars - shows some kind of split personality [laugh]

People addicted to smoking, govt coffers addicted to the associated taxes... very hard to shake off the habit.