Any driving jobs for under 20 years old?

M3e92

Yes, working as a valet is one possible option.

And if you'd rather do actual long-distance driving rather than just parking cars in carparks, you can work for one of those "drive-home valet" companies, driving people home in their cars after they drink. I have a friend in this industry and from what I know, these companies are often short-handed and welcome anyone, even part-timers. You can do a simple search and find the numbers and call them to ask one by one.

But you'll have to be brutally honest with yourself about your own driving skill and local road knowledge. One of the pros of this job is that you'll get to experience driving many different cars. But you need reasonably good knowledge of local roads and to be adaptable and a good team player, and be willing to work till the early hours of the morning. You'll also need to be able to handle people tactfully and to take criticism and scoldings, being told how to drive or even people puking in their cars (thankfully it isn't your car and you aren't responsible for cleaning up), since many of these people will be drunk out of their wits.

Edited by Bicolor
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Yes, working as a valet is one possible option.

And if you'd rather do actual long-distance driving rather than just parking cars in carparks, you can work for one of those "drive-home valet" companies, driving people home in their cars after they drink. I have a friend in this industry and from what I know, these companies are often short-handed and welcome anyone, even part-timers. You can do a simple search and find the numbers and call them to ask one by one.

But you'll have to be brutally honest with yourself about your own driving skill and local road knowledge. One of the pros of this job is that you'll get to experience driving many different cars. But you need reasonably good knowledge of local roads and to be adaptable and a good team player, and be willing to work till the early hours of the morning. You'll also need to be able to handle people tactfully and to take criticism and scoldings, being told how to drive or even people puking in their cars (thankfully it isn't your car and you aren't responsible for cleaning up), since many of these people will be drunk out of their wits.

Can you pm me your friend's contact? Or if you prefer, request for my contact in a private message? I can drive pretty well, have driven a few times to and fro SG-KL in rented cars without scratching up the car. My only hesitation is the ride back to office HQ after sending drunkards home is that it is done on motorcycles. I've witnessed one f'ed up accident coming back from Malacca and due to motorcycle collision and dont really dare to pillion on motorcycles.

Buggy aimai? Think MBS hiring part-timers.

pm me the ad or the lobang! Thanks!

Edited by M3e92

Can you pm me your friend's contact? Or if you prefer, request for my contact in a private message? I can drive pretty well, have driven a few times to and fro SG-KL in rented cars without scratching up the car. My only hesitation is the ride back to office HQ after sending drunkards home is that it is done on motorcycles. I've witnessed one f'ed up accident coming back from Malacca and due to motorcycle collision and dont really dare to pillion on motorcycles.

When I got my license at 17 years old, I also driving up and down KL/Malacca a lot, but I never claim I can drive pretty well -_-

• Praise 1

Sure, will PM you in a moment.

Not all companies use motorcycles to pick up and fetch the valets. In fact, my friend is a driver for the company he works at - when he isn't on valet duty he uses his car to fetch the other valets to and from assignments.

(edited)

When I got my license at 17 years old, I also driving up and down KL/Malacca a lot, but I never claim I can drive pretty well -_-

idw leh, everything is pretty good so far for me...never crash never scratch, parking usually no need correction. These few things I'm glad I'm able to do it without much difficulties :D Another way to put it is that im too full of myself, but i havent encountered any major issues so far.

Sure, will PM you in a moment.

Not all companies use motorcycles to pick up and fetch the valets. In fact, my friend is a driver for the company he works at - when he isn't on valet duty he uses his car to fetch the other valets to and from assignments.

sounds like a good deal. I will take up the job if all other aspects is reasonable. Awaiting your pm

Edited by M3e92

Supercharged

A school dropout once wanted to be a delivery driver after he ORD.

Went to the office but he changes his mind at the doorstep.

Later, he flipped the newspaper and got another job as a used car salesman.

At age of 21, he had changed his job and already bought his own used car while many of his age still studying.

Jobs I can recommend, ahmad for OKTs.

I want I want keke

IMO, Try driving at little india / geylang during evening peak hours. Try going from lorong to the opposite lorong. Have to watch out for people crossing and cars coming. If comfortable then shouldn't have any issue.

• Praise 2

idw leh, everything is pretty good so far for me...never crash never scratch, parking usually no need correction. These few things I'm glad I'm able to do it without much difficulties :D Another way to put it is that im too full of myself, but i havent encountered any major issues so far.

That's the problem. We need to learn at times from accidents. Not major one of course.

That's the problem. We need to learn at times from accidents. Not major one of course.

let's just say in some MAJOR ones, you only learn ONCE :D:D

IMO, Try driving at little india / geylang during evening peak hours. Try going from lorong to the opposite lorong. Have to watch out for people crossing and cars coming. If comfortable then shouldn't have any issue.

Geylang not too bad. Just try finding parking lot around swee choon.

driving is a dangerous job .... any mistake and regret is lifetime . Do something else

he will tell you his middle name is "dangerous" :D

he will tell you his middle name is "dangerous" :D

he always tries not to be late, and will end up THE LATE... :D:D

Argh.......

same thing i always say abt suicide bombers. You have no second chance [grin][grin]

LEARN and learn well

Hard to get driver job for just 3 months. By the time they finish training you about to leave. Waste of their effort. Some more if delivery you must be fit to carry the goods and stuffs. So you must be prepared to be damn smelly and sweaty. Also bear in mind that you will you on your butt like 10-12 hours a day. Are you sure you up to it?

Also I think some companies run background check to ensure you not involved in any accidents previously. So you cant be saying you are extremely good at driving and end up with couple of accidents.

Also, should you suay suay kena accident, you have to pay certain amount to the company if you are at fault. Are you prepared to do that? You might end up paying more than what you earn. Unless you really sibeh zai driver

Lastly, dont expect high salary. You just get peanuts, especially as part timer, the pay is not that good. Unlike seasoned dua lorry drivers who get trip allowances, you dont get...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1