Nissan X-Trail vs Kia Sorento vs Mit Outlander

Streamium70

Juz a friendly word of advice: SUVs are heavy. Dun convince yourself that you're lightfooted n all. An underpowered SUV will be a pig to drive n you'll regret. It's not like driving a B&B car. You WILL want power, trust me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Bros ... I don't think you should quote me about the new price of the Sorento!

I was told by my SE that it will be $15-20K up from current model so I approx to about $160K

The question is can C&C sell the Sorento at that price when you have the Outlander and the X-Trail selling for sooo much less?

Kimchi branding ... personally I have already looked past the branding. I am already driving one and I think they have good features for the price!

I am personally looking forward to the new Sorento as I am looking for a 7 seater SUV and so far the Japanese brands have been disappointing!

Bros ... I don't think you should quote me about the new price of the Sorento!

I was told by my SE that it will be $15-20K up from current model so I approx to about $160K

The question is can C&C sell the Sorento at that price when you have the Outlander and the X-Trail selling for sooo much less?

Kimchi branding ... personally I have already looked past the branding. I am already driving one and I think they have good features for the price!

I am personally looking forward to the new Sorento as I am looking for a 7 seater SUV and so far the Japanese brands have been disappointing!

I agree totally. Sorento is a great car. But at first pick up is abit sluggish as it weights 1.7ton.after that very smooth n powerful. Front cooling seats are damn cool on hot sunny days.lights are attractive

• Praise 1

I agree totally. Sorento is a great car. But at first pick up is abit sluggish as it weights 1.7ton.after that very smooth n powerful. Front cooling seats are damn cool on hot sunny days.lights are attractive

Get the 2.2crdi turbo diesel. This tank can outrun a sonata teksi off the lights.

• Praise 1

for those looking out to buy a 7 seater mid range SUV as an alternative to a 7 seater MPV.....pls share your views and comments

SUVs arent MPV alternatives IMO... both have differing attributes.

eg. theres no way SUV has more overall interior space compared to MPV. likewise MPV doesnt have the ground clearance of SUV

if purely fetching old folks n kids, MPV is no brainer. SUV step up can b v high n uncomfortable for oldies n kids...

• Praise 1

Xtrail 2.0 - 148k

Outlander 2.4 - ?

Sorento(new model) 2.4 - 160k

Sorento (existing) - ?

Have tried Xtrail and Sorento before. Looks wise, Xtrail is more aggressive looking. Feature is also one level up. Not a fair comparison as it is a new model vs Sorento which has been around for sometime and new model launching next yr.

3rd row seats, Sorento wins. Sorento is also more powerful.

Currently, i am leaning towards xtrail bec:

2.0 - i know it maybe a bit underpower but i am quite light footed and fuel consumption is more impt for me

Has all the features that i need, in fact a bit too much - i dont need the moon/sun roof

price wise, is just within my reach [/quote/]

On the contrary I feel the current Sorento is better equipped. It comes with most features which Xtrail has but on top of that it has ventilated seats and can self park.

• Praise 1

Am torn between Outlander and Xtrail. Some features of Outlander are really what I look forward to in a car, e.g. ventilated seats, auto wipers, which Xtrail lacks but the former is let down by poorer quality, higher road tax and no electrical retractable mirrors

SUVs arent MPV alternatives IMO... both have differing attributes.

eg. theres no way SUV has more overall interior space compared to MPV. likewise MPV doesnt have the ground clearance of SUV

if purely fetching old folks n kids, MPV is no brainer. SUV step up can b v high n uncomfortable for oldies n kids...

nowadays more and more SUVs made like MPVs,

• Praise 1

I have different option, Sorento will be the last option of 3,

safety and accessories equiped no much different, but

1. Xtrail and outlander both AWD (outlander selectable), Sorento only FDW

2. among of 3 Sorento has the worest FC and haveiest body, even if its bhp is the highest, pickup still sluggish

3. Japanese brands have better reliability

4. Korean brands overstating performance

my 2 cents only

Am torn between Outlander and Xtrail. Some features of Outlander are really what I look forward to in a car, e.g. ventilated seats, auto wipers, which Xtrail lacks but the former is let down by poorer quality, higher road tax and no electrical retractable mirrors

frankly... Auto wiper maybe good to have but not deal breaker la.. maybe bec I actually don't like wipers much.. ventilated seat.. hum.. got risk?

I went to see both X-Trail and Outlander with wife.

Comparing the 2, pros:

Xtrail have:

1.nicer interior

2.better seat support and comfort

3.nicer exterior

4.more and better camera for parking and factory fitted

5.nice big paranomic roof

6. Cooler keyless entry action and 2 step customisation for auto tailgate height

7. 2nd row air con

8. Interior height for middle row passenger is higher.

9. Ventilated drink holder

10. Folding mirror

11. Higher OMV at 24k+

Outlander have:

1. Wider for middle row

2. Better legroom for middle room when 3rd row is at same space

3. Neater boot space when the 3rd row is flat.. seriously flat, and tonneau cover is kept nicely and neatly.

4. Better sitting space for 3row.. at least more comfortable than Xtrail.

5. Slightly bigger boot space when 3rd row is up.

6. Better glove compartment bec got 2 layer.

7. Seems to have a lower cabin noise, for both cars, the surrounding noise is well insulated, but for Outlander, Not much engine sound.. maybe bec it's a 2.4l. While I can hear the Xtrail engine .

8. Lower overall selling price from better trade in price + the 5 year servcing that Mitsubishi thrown in vs the first 3 free servicing by Nissan.

Overall ignoring road tax difference, if I mainly need to fetch 5 pax, and only occasionally need to put in 7 pax (like maybe 1-2x a month), seems like Nissan offers a better package, if you are not too sensitive to engine noise.

That's all I can remember now.

People are telling him to get sorento diesel.

we all know Sorento petrol is a bad choice

Petrol is a bad choice for any SUV.

Turbo diesel n wallops of torque is the onli way to go for heavy body & AWD.

• Praise 1

Ventilated seat is a must in sg after long parking under sun or after playing sports.

And get 2.2 diesel sorento. However now no more stock liao lor, either wait for second hand or order new model next year

• Praise 1

frankly... Auto wiper maybe good to have but not deal breaker la.. maybe bec I actually don't like wipers much.. ventilated seat.. hum.. got risk?

I went to see both X-Trail and Outlander with wife.

Comparing the 2, pros:

Xtrail have:

1.nicer interior

2.better seat support and comfort

3.nicer exterior

4.more and better camera for parking and factory fitted

5.nice big paranomic roof

6. Cooler keyless entry action and 2 step customisation for auto tailgate height

7. 2nd row air con

8. Interior height for middle row passenger is higher.

9. Ventilated drink holder

10. Folding mirror

11. Higher OMV at 24k+

Outlander have:

1. Wider for middle row

2. Better legroom for middle room when 3rd row is at same space

3. Neater boot space when the 3rd row is flat.. seriously flat, and tonneau cover is kept nicely and neatly.

4. Better sitting space for 3row.. at least more comfortable than Xtrail.

5. Slightly bigger boot space when 3rd row is up.

6. Better glove compartment bec got 2 layer.

7. Seems to have a lower cabin noise, for both cars, the surrounding noise is well insulated, but for Outlander, Not much engine sound.. maybe bec it's a 2.4l. While I can hear the Xtrail engine .

8. Lower overall selling price from better trade in price + the 5 year servcing that Mitsubishi thrown in vs the first 3 free servicing by Nissan.

Overall ignoring road tax difference, if I mainly need to fetch 5 pax, and only occasionally need to put in 7 pax (like maybe 1-2x a month), seems like Nissan offers a better package, if you are not too sensitive to engine noise.

That's all I can remember now.

Yes u are right on the differences between the 2. Have viewed and test drive both cars as well. My head is telling me to get the Xtrail, lower tax and better FC, at least on paper, but heart is telling me to get Outlander for the frills.

Yes u are right on the differences between the 2. Have viewed and test drive both cars as well. My head is telling me to get the Xtrail, lower tax and better FC, at least on paper, but heart is telling me to get Outlander for the frills.

my brain is telling me to get the following in terms of specs by ranking:

First choice, Kia Sorento

2nd choice, Outlander or X-Trail.. In my opinion, both equally ok, just depends which you like..

BUT my heart goes to... Subaru Forestor 2.0xt turbo... But it's not a 5+2.. Sop sop.. But my wife don't like.. But I like.. But car registered in her name.. Cannot go and buy then tell..

↡ Advertisement