Honda Vezel Steering Audio Control - Group Buy

poundpuppy

Am dying to add a steering audio control to my Vezel, it feels incomplete without it. So did some calling and managed to find a shop that can install it.
I sense a lot of interest among those of you who have just collected or are waiting for your car, so I asked if he could arrange for a group buy and he agreed.
So here's the deal agreed with minimum of 10 participants:
S$ 580 inclusive of labour
The "mah fan" part about this is that they require a $250 deposit to indent the part from Japan and it will take a while to arrive.
When this list hits the minimum of 10 people, the deal will be on and I will post details on how to pay the deposit and also help to consolidate your details.
Those who want to join this, add your names below. The more the merrier! Finally, if anyone else can get a better deal on this, please share. Thanks! :)

1) poundpuppy

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Actually just register with vpost, it's FOC by the way, dan you will be given 4 overseas address, US,UK,Japan & China. These address are vpost collection centers.

When you buy online just copy & paste these address when you check out & pay for the items using your cc. The items will dan be shipped out to the address you pasted. Once delivered you will be informed via email. Login to vpost and declare your items and proceed to pay the shipping fee. Once paid via cc or PayPal the collection center in Japan will ship out the items to singapore.

If nobody is at home during the day just address it to your nearest post office when you are registering with vpost and collect later when you are free. That's what I do.

So far I only been buying from Amazon. Tracking and notified via email is a breeze. See who already have a vpost account dan accumulate all the interested parties and shipped the items in. Installation locally I think is not a big issue.

• Praise 2

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694222-honda-vezel/page-66?do=findComment&comment=5330885

bro the original parts from Japan cost about $65.

What is a reasonable amount for parts + shipping + gst (no gst below $400) + installation?

This group buy is too expensive.

Aware that the Jap part costs only about $65, but so far unable to find anyone in Singapore who can install it for any cheaper leh. Quoted as high as $800. Do you have lobang get it cheaper in Singapore, or to bring it in from Japan?

$580 is very expensive. I been targeting vezel as my next car, waiting for the right price to enter the market. Out of curiosity, I asked my installer for a quote. He only quote me $200 with install.

• Praise 1

more than half a thousand dollars for a steering audio remote control is too much.

Ask yourself these questions, do you skip track or adjust the volume often? or this amount will be better spent on the amp, spks or HU upgrade?

• Praise 1

$580 is very expensive. I been targeting vezel as my next car, waiting for the right price to enter the market. Out of curiosity, I asked my installer for a quote. He only quote me $200 with install.

Hi Sky, thanks for the info, are you able to provide the contact of the installer? PM please.

All, since the consensus is that it is too costly, let's cancel this group buy until we can find a better deal - only worth doing if it makes sense for all! [:)]

Cephas, on 11 Nov 2014 - 3:41 PM, said:

more than half a thousand dollars for a steering audio remote control is too much.

Ask yourself these questions, do you skip track or adjust the volume often? or this amount will be better spent on the amp, spks or HU upgrade?

you got a very good point buddy. i'll give this a miss if my vezel don't come with it.

Hi Sky, thanks for the info, are you able to provide the contact of the installer? PM please.

All, since the consensus is that it is too costly, let's cancel this group buy until we can find a better deal - only worth doing if it makes sense for all! [:)]

Hi poundpuppy, I had PM you. Please do not quote me when you contact him. Thanks

Edited by Sky_79

Thanks Sky!

poundpuppy, let us know what you found out. will be interested if its $200 with installation when the car finally arrived.

• Praise 1

Try to contact the PI (Autolink) that I ordered the car.. I saw the Vezel body kits(modulo) there last week.. I also order the tonneau cover from them for my Vezel..

Seems like many PIs are now bringing in the Vezel with the audio controls factory fitted in Japan, which is great news for all!

My G model has arrived with one!

• Praise 2

Btw, thought I would just share this for those bros who are still keen to add on. From my research:

For the X model, you can just add the audio control components (buttons, cable and plate) because the reel cable has sufficient spare slots to plug it in.

For the G model, apparently there are variants. if the PI imports the most basic G model there is no spare slot to plug the audio control in. The reel cable will be smaller because there is no need to cater for the cruise control buttons, hence the mechanic will either have to splice the horn connection (warranty issues?) or replace the reel cable (which will bump up the total cost to $500+!).

Hope this info helps someone!

• Praise 1