PSLE Results coming out soon!

Sazali

I am a parent of 3 kids myself quite concerned leh..I was told by my sister one of the student who committed suicide is my niece's classmate in S..gk..g Primary..reallypityful and my deeepest condolences to the family members.........

What is our education system trying to achieve?

Any parent bros here wana give good tips on educating kids..please share

↡ Advertisement

I am a parent of 3 kids myself quite concerned leh..I was told by my sister one of the student who committed suicide is my niece's classmate in S..gk..g Primary..reallypityful and my deeepest condolences to the family members.........

well i'm not a parent myself, but i believe in being half stern and half soft at times....

generally, do not over induce stress on the child by demanding extraordinary grades.... guide them when they are wrong...this was wat my parents did, in the end, i still grew up decently, in the past, ppl would say, if u dun control ur child, later he run amok and get into bad company how

try to be on friend terms with the kid and not parent to child terms....the child will tend to open up in this case...

for me, when i teach my nephew, i tend to be harsh first followed by soft but have to depend whether he's willing to listen first....

juz my opinions....

very sad to hear tis...know their hod personally but still cant get to know wats goin on...but i noe tat their sch standard quite high though its a neighbouring sch

bro, dun worry so much... unless u are one gan jiong spider parent, if not juz educate ur children well is more dan enough le... [thumbsup]

teach the child to be independent, build their character, train them to accept & learn from failure.

over-protective is no good, pressuring the child to always be No.1 will likely lead to unacceptance of failure.

while grooming your child to excel in all areas, it is important to let them know that it is also ok to stop and take a break and let other take the lead.

sometimes, falling a step backward may lead a long way in life.

Happy Parenting. [flowerface]

I dont believe the education system is the reason for this. Rather, i believe the stress the kid from their own family and the support system from their family once they do not what they should be getting.

Come on, the kid is still so young. Why push them till that stage? Their own family is their whole world. Being understanding and supportive is the way to get them back to the racing track.

I do FEEL for the students, the FACKING EDUCATION SYSTEM really push them to the limit... "bo kor leng" bo tai bo chi commit suicide for no reason right ?

You know what....... the news paper no report leh !

Sianz, I still no 'O' levels

Turbocharged

yeah nowadays parents.. [shakehead]

yesterday evening anyone heard class 91.3 the married man? the kena pluck session, rod was plucking a mum saying her son trying to date his daughter both pri 5 and he claim they both hanky panky at hdb staircase. the mother very defensive, first thing scold rod for not teaching his daughter well and telling his daughter not to seduce other people's son [hur]

although its all plucking, but the reply from the mother is real, really CMI. [thumbsdown]

Stress level getting higher & higher .... [shakehead][shakehead]

sadly, such cases happens more often then reported. let's face it, the education system these days is a super pressure oven. the standard is way ahead of our times. and parents are mostly busy at work and tired after that. children are feeling the heat of the rat race too, in the form of school work.

such cases will happen again and again, just make sure it doesnt happen in your home. there's nothing much we can do as we are not the education authorities.

I do FEEL for the students, the FACKING EDUCATION SYSTEM really push them to the limit... "bo kor leng" bo tai bo chi commit suicide for no reason right ?

You know what....... the news paper no report leh !

Sianz, I still no 'O' levels

if the newspaper report, everyday you will read about suicide cases. then what is the point of such reports if the same thing happens on a daily basis ?

Edited by Vextan

nowadays the syllabus are getting tougher. n parents r pressuring the kids from young very pitiful. as soon as they start to walk n talk, parents send their kids to all kinds of classes n schools. as young as 2 or 3 yrs old the kids start to b pressured. where is the time for them to enjoy their childhood??

let me ask those parents who's tekan-ing their kids now...when u were young...did ur parents send u to classes at 3yrs old?did u learn piano or ballet at 4 yrs old?? i know a guy, who scolded his kids teacher when at a parents-teacher meeting. teacher said the kid not doing too well. so he asked if his kid is naughty or unattentive in school. so teacher said no. so he jus said his kid has done his best.

no 2 kid has the same ability. ur kid may b smart even wif no extra learning. but someone else's kid can sutdy for 14hrs a day n still not b as smart. so, as long as we make sure our kids put their best in their studies, it's gd enuf. no point putting pressure n suffer dire consequences.

bro, both my wife and i also heard that 'kena pluck' segment and were disappointed with the mother's reply. she sounds educated but unethical replies.