PSLE Results coming out soon!

Sazali

It's one of the shkk school but not as well regarded as Taonan. Like I said it's ok only niah. Just I'm 1-2km distance

I did consider rental, but nyps the pv enrollment ended very early, ie before I took a serious look at this option, something like Q2 2016. Whereas my shkk school, the pv enrolment actually ended in November 2016 and I only got notification in Feb 17 (my girl is k1 this year).

I did consider doing rosyth pv as well if needed but I heard it's super hard to get in. Even my normal school, supposedly getting pv is 20-30 percent chance.

Like our president, I need my children to be certified a hokkien. Our hainanese clan does not have any affiliated schools. LOL.

My strategy is similar, don't aim for those elite school with a low chance, base on past history. But go for above average with almost guaranteed place at a earlier phase and proximity.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement

It's one of the shkk school but not as well regarded as Taonan. Like I said it's ok only niah. Just I'm 1-2km distance

I did consider rental, but nyps the pv enrollment ended very early, ie before I took a serious look at this option, something like Q2 2016. Whereas my shkk school, the pv enrolment actually ended in November 2016 and I only got notification in Feb 17 (my girl is k1 this year).

I did consider doing rosyth pv as well if needed but I heard it's super hard to get in. Even my normal school, supposedly getting pv is 20-30 percent chance.

These schools aren't popular schools. So why worry? U don't see any of the top 30 primary schools name inside right. Don't worry.

I read 2023 there will be 50 plus school under such scheme.

For the moment not so much worry for me but come 10/20 years later parent will be competing for kindergarten places. There will even be pte tuition to even get into a kindergarten. Sigh...stress on future parent and kids.

Edited by Kopites

When next time our kids and their kids apply for Goldman Sachs interns or management associates, will our kids lose?

not every parents want their kid to join Goldman Sachs mah, some want their kids to be hawker   :D

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/moe-kindergartens-primary-schools-priority-phase-2a2-9443768

Hmm this will be an outdated thread soon..competition start at preschool. New low to our education system.

Do note that these MOE run preschool are located inside the premises of the Primary School. I think it's natural to have some affiliation here as both primary and preschool are run by MOE.

Whether will it create unhealthy competition, remains to be seen as all are neighborhoods school, with probably vancacies even after phase 2C2.

These schools aren't popular schools. So why worry? U don't see any of the top 30 primary schools name inside right. Don't worry.

doc, got shhk school within 1-2 km in punggol meh?

[confused]

even if the primary school is popular, many parents will still opt for private/elite/atas kindergarten. 

Do note that these MOE run preschool are located inside the premises of the Primary School. I think it's natural to have some affiliation here as both primary and preschool are run by MOE.

Whether will it create unhealthy competition, remains to be seen as all are neighborhoods school, with probably vancacies even after phase 2C2.

for the kindy kids, being in a familiar environment in p1 would definitely ease some of that initial stress and most kids enrolled in these kindys are staying nearby too

so yeah....affiliation is ok in that regard and makes more sense than those old boys old girls affiliation

[:)]

Like our president, I need my children to be certified a hokkien. Our hainanese clan does not have any affiliated schools. LOL.

My strategy is similar, don't aim for those elite school with a low chance, base on past history. But go for above average with higher chance at a earlier phase and proximity.

for nanyang, high chance of even pv need to ballot (if u consider grassroots also eligible) especially since my girl will be dragon year.

If u go via 2c, estimated chance of balloting within 1km (and now there's D leedon) is about <30% in a normal year. for dragon year I estimate less than 20%

I don't think it's a big issue except for Seng Kang green which due to lot of flats around is a popular primary school for sk east (not that it's a well regarded school)

even if the primary school is popular, many parents will still opt for private/elite/atas kindergarten. 

pay more for better quality mah

all for the kids' future and grandkids too

[thumbsup]  :D  

That's why I urge Singaporeans to think about their future generations and vote wisely in future GEs.

The scenario you give I believe will be real if we continue to lay the path for 6.9 million people in 15 years time and even to 10 million people. The future generations are going to suffer with such competitive societal fatigue for life.

Hong Kong 7 over million population and the younger generation is already suffer with this madness competition in school and life.

nothing to do with population, korea and japan dun have FT and foreigner yet their education system is so intense that many commit suicide.

even if you vote non white in, these candidates are product of the system, how far off will they change the system. I have already said changing the system take a generation or two, not 10-20 years. Even then the global situation will not allow any relax and easy system unless you are in Bhutan. 

doc, got shhk school within 1-2 km in punggol meh?

[confused]

Ha u Google around lah. Not difficult to find the answer. But yeah I'm aiming for a lesser known shkk school. But the school Been around for 100 years which i was quite surprised to find out. Lol slightly longer than nanyang haha

Wouldn't that put additional stress on parent trying to enrol their children into kindergarten under such scheme?

Wouldn't that put additional stress on parent trying to enrol their children into kindergarten under such scheme?

that is why they started with neighbourhood area where distant is an issue, probably want parents to put their kids near to their home for 8 years. Kiasu parents will still put their kids in elite (non affiliated) kindergarten anyway.

Ha u Google around lah. Not difficult to find the answer. But yeah I'm aiming for a lesser known shkk school. But the school Been around for 100 years which i was quite surprised to find out. Lol slightly longer than nanyang haha

I googled , know which school liao. Hehehe

that one not near punggol lah

must be using another address?

[sly]  :D

that one not near punggol lah

must be using another address?

[sly]:D

He stay in punggol meh? I thought further north.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1