Monthly Sharing on Dereg Data & Projected COE Quota

yo2020

So it seem no one expects a bumper crops of Cat C avaliable!!? If they have know many vehicles have reach 20 years and left to scrap , they would prefer to wait and see. The recent cat C is still hovering more than 45k.

I think most ppl that are driving Cat C vehicles are aware. All waiting to scrap their 10+yrs lorries and change if Cat C drop. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I think most ppl that are driving Cat C vehicles are aware. All waiting to scrap their 10+yrs lorries and change if Cat C drop. 

Many commercial vehicle owner sare also waiting to scrap their vehicles earlier under the Early Turnover scheme.

A brand new Nissan NV200 could cost just over $40K under this scheme (COE inclusive), if Cat C COE sees a drastic drop. 

Really drop alot. Espcially Nissan. Machiam clearance sale. Should see alot of kangoo-like vehicle soon.

Release some pressure from Cat A.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

With the recent news of Cat C having over 600% increase in Quota, from 322 to 2168 from May to July... TCM already slashed 20k to entice buyer liao. Which means alot of people will move from Cat A / B to Cat C??

With the recent news of Cat C having over 600% increase in Quota, from 322 to 2168 from May to July... TCM already slashed 20k to entice buyer liao. Which means alot of people will move from Cat A / B to Cat C??

Some ppl. Nt many will want a gds vehicle plus need to have a registered biz.

Alot of ppl are looking to change their old goods vehicle now as well. Can continue to see more deregistration. Meaning more open cat going forward. But wun be alot more.

Turbocharged

LTA should be releasing next quarters' COE quota soon.

Based on the initial 2 months of de-registrations, looks likely that the coming quarter will see a decrease, unless June's numbers are much higher.

Had a look at the numbers on onemotoring.

Number of renewals for Cat A + Cat B for Jan - April 2017 > Jan - April 2016.

Slight dip in COE supply for next three months

SINGAPORE - Vehicle buyers will have fewer certificates of entitlement (COE) for the next three-month quota period starting August.

The Land Transport Authority said Wednesday (July 12) that there will be an average of 9,122 COEs per month for the next three months, down from 10,568 now.

The shrinkage is mostly from the commercial vehicle category, which will see its monthly supply plunge from 2,168 to 888.

For cars up to 1,600cc and 130bhp, the supply will be 3,630, down from 3,797. Cars above 1,600cc or 130bhp will see the monthly quota dip from 2,641 to 2,570.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/slight-dip-in-coe-supply-for-next-three-months

(edited)

haha, is it me or does it seem like LTA is the one who is panicking big time?

no details on onemotoring's numbers and figures page on the deregistrations for May, Quota for Aug-Oct, but yet the press have the info fed to them

it appears that LTA is bent on making headlines (and cause panic), as opposed to doing their job and providing info/data

desperate time calls for desperate measures!

I think those who know the market condition now will not panic 

Edited by TangoElite

haha, is it me or does it seem like LTA is the one who is panicking big time?

no details on onemotoring's numbers and figures page on the deregistrations for May, Quota for Aug-Oct, but yet the press have the info fed to them

it appears that LTA is bent on making headlines (and cause panic), as opposed to doing their job and providing info/data

desperate time calls for desperate measures!

I think those who know the market condition now will not panic 

The info is in lta website - https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=1a43c134-74b0-4d35-824e-09eca13957ce

↡ Advertisement