Monthly Sharing on Dereg Data & Projected COE Quota

yo2020

Dealer also want to close deal. No point keep bidding low and cannot get COE. So at the end they will bid high and pocket the profit and move on to other deals.

of course. They will be f by the buyer if they consistently bidding 10k below last price.

Actually, it is the buyer who wish the dealer to bid higher than the last price and yet not asking for top up.

So now, is it the dealer or the buyers that cause the high Coe price?

:D

↡ Advertisement

Correct.

If Coe goes up to $80k, dealer margin down to $20k.

So, the incentive to the dealer is when Coe is at $60k where they earn $41k.

Anything lower, they will still earn $41k. Buyer pocket the saving.

So, no reason why the dealer will push the Coe as high as they light.

Right?

correct.. that's my view too..

with this headline ...

expect big crowd in showroom during weekend liao

More COEs for February to April quota

Big crowd but few will sign on the dotted line as asking price is based on current COE level. Need to wait dor a few bidding exercises to see impact.

• Praise 1

i expect japanese and korean dealer will chut pattern to lower their price more to lure customer to commit for 8 bids ... if coe shoot up then dont bid lor ... hehe

Big crowd but few will sign on the dotted line as asking price is based on current COE level. Need to wait dor a few bidding exercises to see impact.

Edited by Wt_know

LTA has jz made the announcement. wow... 2 days earlier than the last 2 rounds.

here's the summary:

a) Cat A up 41% as projected! there r 289 more Cat A quota per bidding exercise!!!

B) Cat B up 27%, Cat E down 34%. But NETT is 64 more Cat B & D combined COE quota per bidding exercise!!

So from Feb is close to 1K per Cat A bid, 2K Cat A per month.

What is your estimate for 2015 year end?

So from Feb is close to 1K per Cat A bid, 2K Cat A per month.

What is your estimate for 2015 year end?

the combined Cat A & B Quota for the coming quarter is 3400 per mth, jumped 35% from the current 2500!

by end 2015, we could b looking at 4500-5000 per mth, that's another 30-45% jump!! [;)]

it could reach the peak in 2016 at 8000-10000 per mth!!! :o

source: http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M01-03M-Age.pdf

• Praise 1

the combined Cat A & B Quota for the coming quarter is 3400 per mth, jumped 35% from the current 2500!

by end 2015, we could b looking at 4500-5000 per mth, that's another 30-45% jump!! [;)]

source: http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M01-03M-Age.pdf

i said this in another thread:

1,000 Cat A will not b enuf for so many hungry buyers. even if Cat A premium drops, most likely it wouldn't b a drastic drop.

mayb i would say:

a) for potential buyers waiting for small drop, likely can place order within the next 6 mths.

b) for potential buyers waiting for medium drop, mayb can place order within the next 9-15 mths.

c) for potential buyers waiting for drastic drop, wait long long... [:p] (note: this is a positive description, i meant wait >1 yr [;)])

• Praise 1

what if i tell you, the government will clawback the coe to keep it +- constant 3000-4000 coes per mth to save it for the drought period? lol

Bro yo2020!!!!! You run for mp, I consperm vote you in!!!!!!!!!

what if i tell you, the government will clawback the coe to keep it +- constant 3000-4000 coes per mth to save it for the drought period? lol

The seeding season is coming

You need The soil to be wet and fertile to do the seeding [laugh]

• Praise 2

You work for the govt?

Based on Singapore's total car population of around 620k, monthly quota should be around 5-6k to even out the cycle. Any clawback would be next year if you go by maths alone.

no need tell me la, some1 (not me) proposed this to LTA during the public consultation if i recalled correctly.

imho, however, even if this clawbck happened it is unlikely to happen this yr n it will b more like 10-15%; mayb max 20%.

so the number of quota to clawbck shld b way below your mentioned figures. [;)]

another option for LTA, of course, is to revamp the COE system. :o

Those that renewed coe early on their 9year old car may stand to save some $$ is they can wait until middle or end of this year then renew.. if coe expired of course no choice cannot renew

still no news frm LTA yet, but this shld b the week LTA will announce the COE Quota for the next quarter.

pretty sure there were more dereg in Dec n i adjusted the Cat A&B figures as shown below.

we are looking at 40% more Cat A n 20% more Cat B. but the increase in Cat B may b marred by the decrease in Cat E.

2w6xgmb.png

assessment time...

23k45ft.jpg

side by side comparison betw my Projected Quota vs Actual, for those who r interested. [;)]

the biggest surprise in Cat A & B is the number of dereg for Cat B in Dec.

it was surged by 18.6% when compared to Nov's n it was doubled of Cat A's 9.4%!! [sunny]

since cat E is mainly used for big cars, i wonder if LTA is able to break down the different categories that these CAT E are registered to.

i have a feeling that Cat A, C and D which goes into Cat E got registered as a Cat B.

in substance, it will mean using cat A, C and D to fuel the increase of Cat B cars.

assessment time...

23k45ft.jpg

side by side comparison betw my Projected Quota vs Actual, for those who r interested. [;)]

it was surged by 18.6% when compared to Nov's n it was doubled of Cat A's 9.4%!! [sunny]

Ya ya ya...

Mr expert, when u buying a new car?

• Dislike 2

assessment time...

23k45ft.jpg

Zhun King. Will May - Jul 15 be more (COE) than Feb-Apr?

Zhun King. Will May - Jul 15 be more (COE) than Feb-Apr?

guaranteed for cars. ;)

Ya ya ya...

Mr expert, when u buying a new car?

mai gan cheong.
↡ Advertisement