Advice on buying SBS Transit shares using CPF

Dear All
My dad last time had used his cpf to buy Sbs transit share using cpf only. The previlige is that he is able to buy the bus stamp which he likes.. Ill fate has fallen upon him and now he is literally deaf in both ears.... cause of that he cant really hold permanent job and he is due to get his money from cpf which is not that much soon...now he wants to sell half of it and i have been calling cpf... and up to now i was asked to call here n there... may i know if any1 here has any contacts or know how to sell...but he wants to sell only half cause he still wanna keep some so he can still buy the bus stamp.... will they still allow him to buy if he sells half of his share

↡ Advertisement

Dear All

My dad last time had used his cpf to buy Sbs transit share using cpf only. The previlige is that he is able to buy the bus stamp which he likes.. Ill fate has fallen upon him and now he is literally deaf in both ears.... cause of that he cant really hold permanent job and he is due to get his money from cpf which is not that much soon...now he wants to sell half of it and i have been calling cpf... and up to now i was asked to call here n there... may i know if any1 here has any contacts or know how to sell...but he wants to sell only half cause he still wanna keep some so he can still buy the bus stamp.... will they still allow him to buy if he sells half of his share

How many shares?

I thought that must deal in "lots" of 1,000?

I believe there is a way that can sell "odd lots" - but if not wrong I think must sell at a discount....not sure of the process

Turbocharged

Dear All

Since u got thrown ard here and there, suggest u go and see your MP for help. U r likely to receive calls with offers of help. But must be letter from Lightning gang ones. Hammer one still no power.. Edited by TJX
  • Praise 7

Since u got thrown ard here and there, suggest u go and see your MP for help. U r likely to receive calls with offers of help. But must be letter from Lightning gang ones. Hammer one still no power..

you are right

these type go see mp is the bestest

If you want to buy/sell using CPF funds, then you need a CPF Investment account from one of the banks (not every bank can).

http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/investments/srs-and-cpf/cpf-investment-account

In addition to that, you will need an account with a brokerage like phillip securities or UOB kay hian (must be linked to CPF investment account).

http://www.poems.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=101&Itemid=386

You people advising him are jokers.... everything also find MP. Please use google first.

Edited by Kusje

Since he already is holding shares with CPF, he will have 1) a CDP account, 2) a CPF investment account as well as 3) an account with a brokerage. He will need to contact the brokerage and ask them to carry out the transaction.

If he is unsure of who his brokerages are, refer to the monthly statement sent by CDP. It will indicate which brokerages are linked to his account. He can also check out his exact shareholding with CDP.

https://www1.cdp.sgx.com/login/login.html

If he does not have internet access, bring his identification documents down to CDP physically.

The Central Depository (Pte) Limited
11 North Buona Vista Drive
#06-07 The Metropolis Tower 2
Singapore 138589

Once the shares are sold, monies will be returned to CPF and subject to CPF restrictions for his profile.

SGX board lot size will be reduced to 100 units on Jan 19 2015 from the current 1,000 units just FYI.

Dear All

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1