German cars: do you prefer BMW or Mercedes?

Tumisu

My pick would be BMW cos 80% of BMW models offers a proper manual gearbox [drivingcar] .

Merc on the other hand makes great looking quality cars however 80% of its models comes standard in those stupid flappy paddle gearbox! [thumbsdown]

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

getting very chim....

For yes also depend on model to model for me. Purely on looks of course.

- 3 Vs C, I take C.

- 5 Vs E, I take 5.

- 7 Vs S, I take 7

- Z Vs SLK, I take SLK.

- SUV, I take BMW.

Sorry new Merc SUV is better than BMW

Let the numbers speak for itself...

Take away Toyota/Lexus, Merc outsold BMW in 2013. 2011 & 2012 BMW was No.1, I wonder if they can wrestle the No.1 spot from Merc in 2014, I really doubt so.

table_top_brands_singapore.jpg

Edited by Alim

Take away Toyota/Lexus, Merc outsold BMW in 2013. 2011 & 2012 BMW was No.1, I wonder if they can wrestle the No.1 spot from Merc in 2014, I really doubt so.

It means that there are old man or old at heart in Singapore. Toyota + Merc

Maybe due to the new look and new C class ?

• Praise 3

It means that there are old man or old at heart in Singapore. Toyota + Merc

Already many old man buying Toyota/Lexus & Merc but I think the new Merc design has attracted more young man to join the old man club. lol!

May be this is why they have overtaken BMW?

COE too expensive. Most of the car buyers are the rich ah pehs who can still afford cars in singapore nowadays.

The newer Merc really look good imo. I would go with the BMW option as I find they're more of a driver's car.

Then again I wouldnt mind a new Merc if the price was lower. Just cruise around and enjoy the comfort. Interior of Merc does look better than BMW though.

I am surprised that Volkswagen is No. 4. [laugh][laugh]

- On SUV, i must say that my choice for BMW is largely fuelled by X6. That armored vehicle look very satki. But again its a lifestyle SUV, Understand the rear is not good for adults.

- For A Vs 1, I take 1 as its IL6 and 8AT. (AMG Vs M135)

• Praise 1

having been in both camps and I still go for BMW.

I went for the driving course for MERC, BMW, Porsche etc, and got to try most models in the BMW/MERC provided

Merc tops it all in the comfort area and totally feel sedated. However, the roundel engages me more as a driver and the throttle response and full works does give me that 'fun' factor. I must say though the merc has improved lots and the gaps are closing in, but for now at least, BMW still gets my vote!

BMW raw power...but expensive in maintenance...Mercedes wins in both maintenance and power...though lose out little bit to BMW

interior Mercedes wins....first class design ...

Already many old man buying Toyota/Lexus & Merc but I think the new Merc design has attracted more young man to join the old man club. lol!

May be this is why they have overtaken BMW?

Merc is all along selling more than BMW in Sg. It shows that there are more old man or old man at heart.

Never Ending Saga ... The Blardy Taiwan Drama also not so long ...

Aiya ... Buy Both Lar ... Buy Both lar ... So 麻烦 ... 😂

This is sibey chek ark...... [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement