Ford Focus titanium

Obscurest

You don't owe me anything, and if I wanted a random marketplace price, I would've gone and done that (which I already did before).

I just wanted to know what kind of real price a real Ford driver got. No need to be so hostile.

:huh:

If you don't want to share, you could have just said so. There is nothing wrong with that.

Rs chip gen 2 for turbo cars costs ard $780 +/-

Same price for ALL turbo cars irregardless of car makes (all use the same chip). 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Rs chip gen 2 for turbo cars costs ard $780 +/-

Same price for ALL turbo cars irregardless of car makes (all use the same chip). 

There we go. Thank you  :grin:

If we look at it objectively, I read the consumption of k3 which has slightly lower power and torque and it is returning 12km/l, owner here is getting 10-12 or some less than that, if i assume average of 10-11, perhaps it is right figure one should expect.

Then, Opel Astra 1.0 is giving very good fuel economy of 6.5-8 thereabout... So what is the problem here? Weight is slightly heavier for the focus and it has torque converter whereas Astra is using automated manual. 

Hi,

Im at 16k now(yes i drive a hell lot), im barely getting 10km/l. Of course nobody assumes it will be same as brochure specs, normaly if they say 18, will get about 12-13, but im getting 9+, which is half. When i realy try to jaga2, meaning change higher gear on highway and try my utmost best not to go above 3000rpm, i'l get about 11.

Serviced at 8k, going to service again next week. I kind of gave up and just enjoy the drive. tried using different grade petrols, even different brands, still same. so im currently spending 400+ a month on shell 95, travelling an average of about 2000+km a month. Best part is, my car is hardly full, its just my wife and i, wonder how bad it will be for someone with a family of 5.

(edited)

Piggyback will probably also screw with your warranty if they find the thing.

At any rate I was always under the impression that these RSChip and similar things could be specially mapped for the target car, hence they charge you for a new map when you get a new car. 

So yours was more than 1k?

I have to agree with you cause the website say so  :D

You would still need a specific map for a specific car. That's the fact. If not it would be just like any other throttle controller isn't it? haha

post-140951-0-55274000-1498718423_thumb.png

post-140951-0-19220400-1498718565_thumb.png

Edited by kelaihoyin

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm totally new to Ford. Very keen on a 2012 Ford focus titanium.

In terms of maintenance cost, servicing, reliability ect, how does it compare to a Jap car? As I have drove Jap car all my driving life. Feel abit cautious changing to a conti car.

Will the servicing cost alot more?

Does break down happen more often then Jap car? (Of coz luck play a part too)

Hope to get some input here. For me, looking more for family friendly with kids. Therefore, want a car that will not break a hole in my pocket when it come to maintaining it over the next few years.

Turbocharged

In terms of maintenance cost, servicing, reliability ect, how does it compare to a Jap car? As I have drove Jap car all my driving life. Feel abit cautious changing to a conti car.

Hope to get some input here. For me, looking more for family friendly with kids. Therefore, want a car that will not break a hole in my pocket when it come to maintaining it over the next few years.

2012 Focus should still be using a Mazda derived engine, shouldn't be full of problems. Focus doesn't have an exceptional reputation for reliability nor does it have a really poor one - just average.

Servicing will probably cost more if you go to authorized dealer, in my experience with them they are pricey, but if you find a competent third party workshop should be pretty OK.

Driving Ford Focus Titanium 2012 now.

What to take note:

Clutch - may need to replace

Dual Clutch Gear Box - It is not the same as CVt or Torque Convertor Auto basically Dual Clutch is like manual car but computer change gear for you.

Car is heavy and solid.

Feel safe.

Drive is great ( as long as GB and Clutch is ok )

A lot of features for this car. Great value and low cost.

But I will recommend you to buy a 2013 or 2014 model with Warranty.

Ford come with 5 years warranty.

I managed to change Clutch and a few things before warranty expired. Mine is a 2nd hand Focus as well.

You can call

regent motor and check the service record of this car that you are buying.

Service cost is higher, normal service at RM is about 300plus, for milestone servicing will

Cost more.

3rd party servicing, we have Allen motor at sin Ming, very experience in ford and affordable.

Less than 200 normal

Service.

For parts, you can

Contact Hoover, they are stockist for Ford parts.

Or go TaoBao as China have lots of

ford.

Hope these info helps.

Have a good Sunday.

Neutral Newbie

2012 Focus should still be using a Mazda derived engine, shouldn't be full of problems. Focus doesn't have an exceptional reputation for reliability nor does it have a really poor one - just average.

Servicing will probably cost more if you go to authorized dealer, in my experience with them they are pricey, but if you find a competent third party workshop should be pretty OK.

Thanks alot for your advice. :)

Driving Ford Focus Titanium 2012 now.

What to take note:

Clutch - may need to replace

Dual Clutch Gear Box - It is not the same as CVt or Torque Convertor Auto basically Dual Clutch is like manual car but computer change gear for you.

Car is heavy and solid.

Feel safe.

Drive is great ( as long as GB and Clutch is ok )

A lot of features for this car. Great value and low cost.

But I will recommend you to buy a 2013 or 2014 model with Warranty.

Ford come with 5 years warranty.

I managed to change Clutch and a few things before warranty expired. Mine is a 2nd hand Focus as well.

You can call

regent motor and check the service record of this car that you are buying.

Service cost is higher, normal service at RM is about 300plus, for milestone servicing will

Cost more.

3rd party servicing, we have Allen motor at sin Ming, very experience in ford and affordable.

Less than 200 normal

Service.

For parts, you can

Contact Hoover, they are stockist for Ford parts.

Or go TaoBao as China have lots of

ford.

Hope these info helps.

Have a good Sunday.

Yea, it sure helps. Thanks alot. Very used to my Jap car service which cost barely $100 each time. Sometime $70-80 too!

So not sure how well will I adjust to doing servicing at double what I'm used to. :)

Get the new 1.0t focus. Annual depreciation is just 8.6k per year with great saving on road tax. Better buy than any jap/Korean.

Neutral Newbie

Get the new 1.0t focus. Annual depreciation is just 8.6k per year with great saving on road tax. Better buy than any jap/Korean.

8.6k is it from regent? I saw sgcarmart new one is 9+ k. . :)

8.6k is it from regent? I saw sgcarmart new one is 9+ k. . :)

Brand new is 94k. Less parf is below 9k. Brand new is more worthy with better HU and engine

Brand new is 94k. Less parf is below 9k. Brand new is more worthy with better HU and engine

They are clearing the focus now. Can go as low as $92888.

Demo unit at $89888

My friend from DSRLeasing had this car, would need to ask him for some more details, but from what he briefly told me he really loved it.