Ford Focus titanium

Obscurest

Interesting that it seems like Focus, Kuga and Mondeo all are left with limited units. Even more interesting is that when asked, no one seems to know when stock will be coming in.

Such scenario really run counter to any good business practice. Either their supply chain management is all screwed up or there are funny/fishy business going on. Hmm. Let's see if they will have any cars to sell in a few more weeks or suddenly all stock mysteriously appear at the dock.

Think they've a fat contract with SAF and SCDF on the Ford Everest and Focus Estates. Consumer biz is probably secondary. Edited by Juzzme
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Trend is bare bone compared to Titanium and that could be why almost all sold.

Therefore "no idea" is one additional marketing tool to clear slow moving Trend stock.

On a serious note, I was told all their car importation is handled by Ford Singapore.

So its "no idea" until news come from Ford Singapore.

Sad to say, it means they do not even know when the cows are coming home.

Cars are good though from reviews I have read.

So it is worth the wait?

Sorry, don't quite understand. Ford Singapore and Regent Motor not the same?

Trend is bare bone compared to Titanium and that could be why almost all sold.

Therefore "no idea" is one additional marketing tool to clear slow moving Trend stock.

On a serious note, I was told all their car importation is handled by Ford Singapore.

So its "no idea" until news come from Ford Singapore.

Sad to say, it means they do not even know when the cows are coming home.

Cars are good though from reviews I have read.

So it is worth the wait?

Regent Motors is FORD's distributor.

They need to place order with FORD Singapore (what I was told) not direct to FORD Germany or USA or Thailand.

Maybe FORD Singapore is the consolidation point for orders I do not know.

This adds a layer of uncertainty since Regent Motors depends on FORD Singapore to carry through from there.

Therefore your Titanium Estate total cost is 112k or 117k?

I read some articles and the Estate reviews were good.

The Estate is not seen at the showroom but under POA, so your waiting time must have been months.

Mine is the trend model, no titanium available at the time of my booking....

Drove the estate for the pass few days and very happy with it..

Well, just managed to replace the stock 16" Rims+tyres to 17" x7J, offset 50, 5 spokes rim plus 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE003

The SE told me there was no more titanium only trend.

Yours should be the last trend model.

Now suddenly there is one titanium estate when I checked last weekend.

How much did it cost you for Regent Motors to change your rims?

The new rims needs to be synchronized to the tire pressure sensor as I know.

What happened to online shopping and mass customization in this age? LOL.

They need to place order with FORD Singapore (what I was told) not direct to FORD Germany or USA or Thailand.

This adds a layer of uncertainty since Regent Motors depends on FORD Singapore to carry through from there.

Turbocharged

What happened to online shopping and mass customization in this age? LOL.

Singapore being a small market, indent ordering is tricky... too troublesome. And for Ford, their consumer side is low volume, they don't seem to be taking frequent shipments. Furthermore we are so far away from any of the factories.

Compared to Toyota or Mercedes which have new shipments like once a month or two... or indent orders from Mercedes take 6 months

Edited by 7hm

That is why Regent Motors will not even know for sure when the cars will come in.

So my guess is that the ex-stock Trend models be it Focus or Kuga must clear first before Titanium models are brought in.

I could be wrong though.

It is best to know what you may be getting into and be prepared for the possible long wait if you must have a Ford.

• Praise 1

Singapore being a small market, indent ordering is tricky... too troublesome. And for Ford, their consumer side is low volume, they don't seem to be taking frequent shipments. Furthermore we are so far away from any of the factories.

Compared to Toyota or Mercedes which have new shipments like once a month or two... or indent orders from Mercedes take 6 months

if you wanna indent a car, chances are you have to foot in the balance payment etc first and you won't even get to take it for a test drive so pros and cons. How many people willing to do that?

For RM to order more stocks and variants, like you said they need to see volume also otherwise if cannot sell, their cars will sit in their warehouse and rot for too long which will incur more costs also. =/

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Mine is the trend model, no titanium available at the time of my booking....

Drove the estate for the pass few days and very happy with it..

Well, just managed to replace the stock 16" Rims+tyres to 17" x7J, offset 50, 5 spokes rim plus 225/45/17 Bridgestone RE003

This is the best estate in its class. There is really no better options.

Civic Estate? Corolla Altis Estate? The closest is the Hyundai i40 SW. Or the Peugeot 308SW.

Hatchback? Why would anyone buy a hatchback if the option of SW is available?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Or buy a S40/60 for 30-40K more.

The Volvos are better build, have better engines but costs more. The weakest pont of the Focus is the engines - underpowered.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This is the best estate in its class. There is really no better options.

Civic Estate? Corolla Altis Estate? The closest is the Hyundai i40 SW. Or the Peugeot 308SW.

Hatchback? Why would anyone buy a hatchback if the option of SW is available?

i40 Tourer is not really comparable. It's in the mid-size (D-segment). In Singapore Focus Estate's main competitor is arguably the 308SW across the floor (I would go for 308SW in this case). Otherwise, Corolla Fielder (Axio Estate) from PI or cars like Toyota Wish and Honda Mobilo.

Hatchbacks are usually smaller, cheaper and a bit sleeker looking. Estates SG people don't like due to boxy shape looking like a utility car rather than "nice looks". Also smaller hatches usually seem more manueverable. Or those people who are buying for young drivers, think that kind of car suits the image more.

Or buy a S40/60 for 30-40K more.

The Volvos are better build, have better engines but costs more. The weakest pont of the Focus is the engines - underpowered.

30k~40k more is way too much to ask for people who are looking in this class. You're talking about an extra 35% of the price of the car.

Even a Volvo V40 D2 is more than $145k, and the D2s are also slow. S60 T5? $200k.

Honda Jazz or Volkswagen Golf are more common competition in this market range. Maybe Opel Astra or Cruze hatch/estate.

i40 Tourer is not really comparable. It's in the mid-size (D-segment). In Singapore Focus Estate's main competitor is arguably the 308SW across the floor (I would go for 308SW in this case). Otherwise, Corolla Fielder (Axio Estate) from PI or cars like Toyota Wish and Honda Mobilo.

Hatchbacks are usually smaller, cheaper and a bit sleeker looking. Estates SG people don't like due to boxy shape looking like a utility car rather than "nice looks". Also smaller hatches usually seem more manueverable. Or those people who are buying for young drivers, think that kind of car suits the image more.

30k~40k more is way too much to ask for people who are looking in this class. You're talking about an extra 35% of the price of the car.

Even a Volvo V40 D2 is more than $145k, and the D2s are also slow. S60 T5? $200k.

Honda Jazz or Volkswagen Golf are more common competition in this market range. Maybe Opel Astra or Cruze hatch/estate.

V40 t2 at 129k.

• Praise 2

I just bought a brand spanking new 2015 Ford Focus Wagon !!!!  woohooo.

Love the new car smell. Comforted by the 5-years warranty ... scrreeeeeech - NOT.

See. I took delivery of the car, drove it for less than 500 km over 10 days then discovered to my horrors that during this period the running board on the left hand side of the car has dropped off. The running board is that long piece of plasticky trim that runs under the doors cills from the front fender to the rear fender. Most cars has this (metal) part as permanent welded in.

Anyway, I send it to the agent (Regent Motors) from whom I bought this car.

They looked at it and declare that "We are unable to replace it under warranty"

No reason as to why it should not be covered under warranty nor how this permanent fixture could have dropped off. As an analogy, would one expect one's car bumper to fall off under normal road use?

30 days and three emails later, I was told the management are still out on this matter.

I was told this is a S$260 (parts and labour) item. I wonder how much money they have burned discussing this issue at the office not to mention the stink to their reputation.

It is not the cost. It is the principle.

Now I am a paranoic. I check that nothing else have dropped off each time I remember. No fun.

The romance with this car and this seller evaporated very quickly.

Would I recommend this car or Regent Motors?

What do you reckon? What do you suggest?

Help!!!

• Praise 2

last time I know that the Ford Singapore is handled by Sime Darby..

Not sure if its the same now..

Regent Motor is just the retail arm.

Just like Autofrance selling Peugeot, also under the same Sime Darby..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

last time I know that the Ford Singapore is handled by Sime Darby..

Not sure if its the same now..

Regent Motor is just the retail arm.

Just like Autofrance selling Peugeot, also under the same Sime Darby..

to be exact, Regent Motors and AUTOFRANCE are divisions of Vantage Automotive, which is itself owned by Sime Darby.

As a whole you can consider them all under Sime Darby... they are also distantly connected to PML (BMW).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1