Drive safe - Accident caught on video

Kurty

sharing something that caught in my dvr few days back, ignore the date stamp as i didn't set it..

The taxi is in front, what pissed me off is the uncle trying to deny and push the blame to the poor driver..

and even wanted to call the police.. wasting tax payer money..

as i render help to him, the poor chap was shivering in fear/shock..

furthermore, exhaust dropped and don't think car was in a condition to drive.

Children in car, were shocked as well.

lucky i was behind the scene, capturing all.

assured the driver that he's in the right of way and everything in recorded (finally, my dvr working....)

the driver used my video and fought his case.

glad that we helped, least on the road.

Drive safe :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 57

sharing something that caught in my dvr few days back, ignore the date stamp as i didn't set it..
The taxi is in front, what pissed me off is the uncle trying to deny and push the blame to the poor driver..
assured the driver that he's in the right of way and everything in recorded (finally, my dvr working....)

First thing first, bro, you same as me... very lazy use brakes hor? [laugh]

Didn't know you mix around Bkt Batok also... not taking away the fault of the taxi driver and credit to you [thumbsup]

But the Airwave/Stream never on headlights? I noticed his tail lights were off.

• Praise 8

Supercharged

I'm soooooo proud of you! You have also done all those driving the same model car of yours proud, as well... [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Didn't know you mix around Bkt Batok also... not taking away the fault of the taxi driver and credit to you [thumbsup]

Good point bro! Taxi ah lau say he never see car coming... possible mitigation factor

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Yes, at 1st video 1.35 min can see the Honda didn't switch on headlights. So probably the taxi may have some kind of defense too.

Thank you guys for the kind words, hopefully i can washed the bad boy images of me in your mind.

[laugh]

getting old, married, so have to be responsible and safe..

As for the brakes.. Real man don't use brakes [:p]

new tyres, hence i know it will brakes well.. a little overkill for a coe due ride..

i seldom go Bt batok, its for my good friend..

that skinny friend, who almost got knocked down [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hey Kurty, did the Airwave switched on his lights? Cos I noticed no lights from his back. Plus his car is dark colour.

If Airwave didn't have, then he is indirectly putting his family in danger especially his vehicle is dark.

Many times I noticed driver so clueless about it and they are not aware of the dangers they pose. Yes, Spore rd are well lit but there are spots where it is tad dark.

• Praise 5

Good point bro! Taxi ah lau say he never see car coming... possible mitigation factor

yeah, he really did say that..

smart of you! the poor driver, i believe probably his first time accident is lost when the taxi driver insist that he is correct etc..

(so having accidents experience, really helps :D)

• Praise 1

So did you call the taxi driver's bluff? It'd be interesting to see his reaction when you tell him that you got the whole incident on tape clearly demonstrating his lack of situational awareness. And the fact that he threatens to call the police just to prove he was in the right shows how much intelligence remains in that brain of his.

Hate to be the one to say this but - another taxi, another traffic collision.

• Praise 2

yeah, he really did say that..

smart of you! the poor driver, i believe probably his first time accident is lost when the taxi driver insist that he is correct etc..

(so having accidents experience, really helps :D)

No lah. It's the obvious reaction mah. Every accident you will hear that [laugh] [laugh]

Supercharged

Hey Kurty, did the Airwave switched on his lights? Cos I noticed no lights from his back. Plus his car is dark colour.

If Airwave didn't have, then he is indirectly putting his family in danger especially his vehicle is dark.

Many times I noticed driver so clueless about it and they are not aware of the dangers they pose. Yes, Spore rd are well lit but there are spots where it is tad dark.

But sadly, there are plenty of such drivers out there, every night ..... [:(]

They also risked the lives of other vehicles and pedestrians as well.

• Praise 1

hello, actually you guys are amazing and really sharp..

i didn't even notice his lights were off..

i guess the driver is really kinda young, below 30s?

unlike me.. old man, my eyes are set on the road at all time..

(gals too)

• Praise 1

it looks like an odyssey... as some of the bro mentioned it never turn on its headlight, so driver might be penalized as well.. this model should have auto headlight why never use... now pay the price... [shakehead]

• Praise 4

So did you call the taxi driver's bluff? It'd be interesting to see his reaction when you tell him that you got the whole incident on tape clearly demonstrating his lack of situational awareness. And the fact that he threatens to call the police just to prove he was in the right shows how much intelligence remains in that brain of his.

Hate to be the one to say this but - another taxi, another traffic collision.

haha, i didnt..

gentleman, need to be more civilized. afterall, i just a witness..

i don't benefit anything, just to make sure no one get hurts and children are safe.

i hate to agree with you at certain extent on the latter..

maybe one day, i too will become a taxi driver.. so cannot comment [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

But sadly, there are plenty of such drivers out there, every night ..... [:(]

They also risked the lives of other vehicles and pedestrians as well.

Yeah lor @#$&*...I always scared of such drivers who is Soooo Insistent on scraping their IC.

At night, I tend to drive slower.

↡ Advertisement