• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 22 praises

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Extremme
  • Premium member
    Extremme
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey guys,

I am getting my new Toyota Vios in a few weeks but it did not come with a reverse camera. I like to check with Vios owner if I can just install the reverse camera and link up ti the stock dvd player or I need to buy a brand new full set?

Thks.

BabyBlade praised this

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just purchase a new camera and go to any audio shop to wire up for u. They might need to drill a small hole next to your rear license plate light.
If you stay at East side, You can try Soon Lee Auto at Geylang Lorong 39 or Mod Ministry at 50 Serangoon Ave 4. I find their services good and prices are reasonable.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

danie_lhuang
  • danie_lhuang
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

it necessary for people to install reverse camera for their car

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes because there are cats / dogs / rats in car park :-D

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it necessary for people to install reverse camera for their car

Yes its very important.

I heard one guy ran over his son.

So if you have a camera then you 

wouldn't have the pain of running over

you own flesh and blood. Even if

he was the son of the post man also

I wouldn't want to run over him.

Run over the post man is a different

question.

:D

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

Zapp
  • Premium member
    Zapp
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Depend on individual, some people might not like to use reverse camera.
Suggest to install in-car DVR camera. 1 infront and 1 on the rear.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:37 PM

Kenomi
  • Premium member
    Kenomi
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Vio not that big also need a reverse camera? Sensor should be more than sufficient.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

linda777
  • linda777
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

whats the price with install??

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

actually nothing to do with size, it's the blind spots that you can't see physically and through the mirrors. 

Vio not that big also need a reverse camera? Sensor should be more than sufficient.

BabyBlade praised this

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:04 PM

riocatly
  • riocatly
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I just completed installation of my rear cam this day. Thru research and I did it myself. I bought it at Lazada and I passed the problem because of some conversion/video by-pass. Additional items I bought are female RCA with attached wire and switch. And, willing to help you for the full instruction/details..
Volvobrick and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

Splinter
  • Splinter
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Depend on individual, some people might not like to use reverse camera.
Suggest to install in-car DVR camera. 1 infront and 1 on the rear.

DVR will be helpful to capture critical moments leading to accident but for having a rear view while reversing, how is it applicable?

Assuming the front dash camera has a display, won't it be tedious to switch to rear view manually? This is unlike a reverse camera that gets activated when the reverse gear is engaged.

Just my thought. 

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Dynavin DVN-RC-A3

Dynavin DVN-RC-A3  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Beebob  |  Neutral Newbie

Reversing, rear viewing; all made easy

This rear view camera makes almost everything rear-wise simpler. Reversing, parking, rear views. It also features night vision; no more errors at night!

Dynavin DVN-RC-A3

Dynavin DVN-RC-A3  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MercDollface  |  Neutral Newbie

Multi-purpose device that works really awesomely!

Well, it was basic enough to make reversing much more precise, along with its night vision to allow dark images to be seen easily. I had also used it to dig out evidences and supports when I met with an accident, being rear ended. This Dynavi... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Reverse Camera

Quick Reply

Tags: vios, reverse, camera, dvd player and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users