2016 Mercedes E-class (W213)

Nonewposts

Interesting analysis. It was my gut feel that it’s a decent deal. And so I went to check what’s the cost:-

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

From the above, the E250 AVG total costs comes up to around $205k incl COE at $53k. If I consider the overtrade of $35k, the profit is probably around $40k.

On the other hand, the OMV is roughly the actual ‘cost of goods’ for C&C. Maybe you can add a few thousands of local costs eg,

1) Service Credit $5k

2) Warranty $2k ( factory covers 2 yrs)

3) In-Car camera, solar film $1k

4) Some car grooming stuff $2k

Total Costs is around $67k (omv $57k). Actually if I consider item 1 to 4 which I did not need to even nego, the profit is around $30k.

Thus the gross profit margin is approx 38% before fix overheads. IMO, it is a very decent business model. Tell me how many brick and mortar business can generate such gp margin year after year? Maybe property firms but their risk is quite high.

not forgetting , the Dealers probably have credit terms with their principles while getting upfront payment from us. They also make commission from tie up insurance company and banks for each loan approved. maybe these are used to pay the sales persons.

↡ Advertisement

Any e43 owners? What's ur feel on the 43. Too much for ST road and a e300 sufficient ?

I'm driving a c200 but dreaming of more oomph in power. Been lately having itches to change...

Edited by Archtomato
  • Praise 1

Any e43 owners? What's ur feel on the 43. Too much for ST road and a e300 sufficient ?

I'm driving a c200 but dreaming of more oomph in power. Been lately having itches to change...

Wait for the e53 next year.
  • Praise 1

You mean too much power? Like money, no such thing as too much :)

The e43 has a v6 engine, very different than the 4 cylinder e300. Not just power.

• Praise 1

You mean too much power? Like money, no such thing as too much :)

The e43 has a v6 engine, very different than the 4 cylinder e300. Not just power.

I like ur line in power. Well said.

I love spirited driving and a car that can release it willingly. But want a posh comfortable ride. But no track time. Not entirely chasing the amg badge but rather investing on cars, which I have much love for.

So just openly pondering if an e300 would be more fitting so I can spend a little wisely as I'm still pretty poor .. tearsss.

I'll probably try to test drive both and share my thoughts here.

I love spirited driving and a car that can release it willingly. But want a posh comfortable ride. But no track time. Not entirely chasing the amg badge but rather investing on cars, which I have much love for.

So just openly pondering if an e300 would be more fitting so I can spend a little wisely as I'm still pretty poor .. tearsss.

Too humble lah bro. If you are driving a c200 and can consider an e300, definitely not considered poor - at least by my definition :)

The E300 will definitely meet your "basic" requirements of a decently fast and comfortable car. The e43 is way faster than the e300 and adds the smooth v6 with a better engine sound. The e43 is definitely much better, but it is also a lot more expensive. But at least now there is this e43 option available, other than the top end e63.

• Praise 1

The 53 series will replace the 43 series in the e class.

Thanks for the heads up

Too humble lah bro. If you are driving a c200 and can consider an e300, definitely not considered poor - at least by my definition :)

The E300 will definitely meet your "basic" requirements of a decently fast and comfortable car. The e43 is way faster than the e300 and adds the smooth v6 with a better engine sound. The e43 is definitely much better, but it is also a lot more expensive. But at least now there is this e43 option available, other than the top end e63.

E63 is way out of my league in terms of both money and driving abilities ....

I'll watch the e43 closely with respect to e53 sedan updates ...

I've read that airmatic suspension is costly and requires parts change every 70k ... your thoughts ?

Edited by Archtomato

Thanks for the heads up

I've read that airmatic suspension is costly and requires parts change every 70k ... your thoughts ?

Well, the key part of the airmatic suspension is basically a rubber air bag. It definitely won't last as long as the regular type of suspension. But I think over the years, mb has made them more reliable with better and thicker materials.

One way is to just enjoy it until the bag burst and then change the whole set to standard shocks. Then it won't be so expensive.

If u can even consider an E43 then it should be within budget for you.

Life is too short to sweat over small stuff.

Only motorheads like us understand why we crave for high performance models, unlike others who ask questions like "how fast can you go in SG with all the traffic lights"

Go PI if u want.. save the money. Merc is pretty reliable and not going back C&C isn't a bad thing if I'm in your shoes.

Only motorheads like us understand why we crave for high performance models, unlike others who ask questions like "how fast can you go in SG with all the traffic lights"

Go PI if u want.. save the money. Merc is pretty reliable and not going back C&C isn't a bad thing if I'm in your shoes.

i think like you too. it is the experience. they wont understand. but sadly i adore my money more than the desire to own one.

Of course. 买得起 doesn't necessarily mean 买得下

If one day, when 400k to me is like what $10 means to me now, maybe I won't blink an eye and plonk down the cash for it.

• Praise 2

Thanks for the heads up

the main draw of the E43 is the 4WD. good friend just bought one. waited for 6mths. very good power. the 4WD really makes a huge difference. however in the 9G tronic in the sport plus mode is jerky, no different from the 5G tronic days in the agressive setting. but then you dont drive in sport plus everyday.

the ride is excellent excellent. the airmatic makes a huge diff. but of course when it spoils you will cry!!!

Edited by Mkl22

Well, the key part of the airmatic suspension is basically a rubber air bag. It definitely won't last as long as the regular type of suspension. But I think over the years, mb has made them more reliable with better and thicker materials.

One way is to just enjoy it until the bag burst and then change the whole set to standard shocks. Then it won't be so expensive.

I will do more research on airmatic maintenance issues .. Apart from cost being an issue, due to time sometimes i dislike having the car sit too long in the workshop, becomes very disruptive for lifestyle.

• Praise 1

I will do more research on airmatic maintenance issues .. Apart from cost being an issue, due to time sometimes i dislike having the car sit too long in the workshop, becomes very disruptive for lifestyle.

Agreed, will be going PI.

Cars & Coffee selling E43 at $345,800 (http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_PIdealer.php?dcode=1444)

vs CnC at $409,888 (http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/25/2018-01-05.pdf)

Very big price difference!!

• Praise 2

Agreed, will be going PI.

Bbbmtl

post-1798-0-70529700-1515767129_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Wait for the e53 next year.

Was reading up on the e53. Seems the new inline 6 engine comes with electric motor. It's like they have acknowledged the turbo lag issues.

The interior for vents and steering also got updated. If this spills over to the sedan and the e53 sedan gets a more aggressive bonnet like the e63 that would be sweet.

Cls 53 looks very nice as well. But wonder if 3 at the rear is practical.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1