Lancer starting problem

Ronnieseah

got a 2005 lancer 1.6A.

having problem starting, sometime need to crank very long for it to start.

mechanic suspect wiring problem but cant solve.

anyone encounter this before?

↡ Advertisement

got a 2005 lancer 1.6A.

having problem starting, sometime need to crank very long for it to start.

mechanic suspect wiring problem but cant solve.

anyone encounter this before?

Tell your mech to do a voltage drop test to determine where is the high current flow resistance - engine block to ground or battery live wire to battery + terminate.

The other test is cylinder compression test on assumption that yr car HT coil , cables and plugs are all ok.

what about.... it's time to change car liao... [grin]

In total the auto service industry diagnostic skill is very low and that means no proper diagnostic tools are being deploy in testing. It will be better to drive a simple car or better still a bicycle.

You are right, it's high time for his mech to look for a easier non tech job. :D

Have you checked the car battery health? I encountered before when battery dying soon. Do your headlights dim a lot when u press the power windows?

Edited by Extinguisher

In total the auto service industry diagnostic skill is very low and that means no proper diagnostic tools are being deploy in testing. It will be better to drive a simple car or better still a bicycle.

Eh... those bicycle with gears also quite complex one leh !

• Praise 2

Depends... who is your mechanic lo...

Hmm...👍👍👍

Eh... those bicycle with gears also quite complex one leh !

thanks all for your reply.

yes want to change mech that why ask here.

which workshop can do a better trouble shooting?

pls recommend.

Aiyo Lancer problems must go to Ah Boon. He got the diagnotics computer for Lancer. Just plugged in and he will know what wrong

Address : 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A #05-35 AMK Autopoint S(568047) (map) spacer.gifspacer.gif Phone : 64841911 spacer.gifspacer.gif

lol, bro now ur comment very generous. don't mean to "stalk" u but u kinda prominent with ur very technical answers.

btw, i totally agree w ur above-quoted statement. however, i'm unsure if they r really low skill or they find no point to be skilful n earn nuts w time-consuming troubleshooting to find out actual cause before literally repair the defective component / part.

one example: i recently have issues with wateva-tronic mode n be it gearshift lever in D / M, display still D. tested some ws in the north - basically point to my gb issue when i could still move w D. got so uncomfortable of the potential huge bill that i decided to just open up gearshift panel, only to reveal a disintegrated moulded contact for 3 manual interlocking switches by the side. tested with my lil fingers n found they actually work by verifying the display between meters. after some diy-ing, now i'm enjoying manual mode whenever i feel like it even it's just a 4at.

lol, bro now ur comment very generous. don't mean to "stalk" u but u kinda prominent with ur very technical answers.

btw, i totally agree w ur above-quoted statement. however, i'm unsure if they r really low skill or they find no point to be skilful n earn nuts w time-consuming troubleshooting to find out actual cause before literally repair the defective component / part.

one example: i recently have issues with wateva-tronic mode n be it gearshift lever in D / M, display still D. tested some ws in the north - basically point to my gb issue when i could still move w D. got so uncomfortable of the potential huge bill that i decided to just open up gearshift panel, only to reveal a disintegrated moulded contact for 3 manual interlocking switches by the side. tested with my lil fingers n found they actually work by verifying the display between meters. after some diy-ing, now i'm enjoying manual mode whenever i feel like it even it's just a 4at.

Thank you for your compliment. Mech in Spore are hardly schooled in troubleshooting and use of specialty testing tools , most of them suffer from mental block when it comes to auto electric and simple electronics. The fear of the unkwon in those systems and components keep them far away and to frighten to attempt to learn them even though there is vast information available FOC in the internet.

Locals car owners are use to free visual ,hearing & feeling checks and they accumulate information by going from shops to shops and nobody will want to pay a min of s$35.00 for a diagnostic tests ( using specialty testing tools )to conform the source of the problem.

To survive in this cut-throat business where there is hardly any appreciation for professional work, mech will find the least resistance path to secure jobs and profits ( many over here term it as "carrot head" chopping).

The whole auto service industry will not be able to move up the skill ladder unless car owners are prepare to pay and support for professional honest jobs.

• Praise 2

Thank you for your compliment. Mech in Spore are hardly schooled in troubleshooting and use of specialty testing tools , most of them suffer from mental block when it comes to auto electric and simple electronics. The fear of the unkwon in those systems and components keep them far away and to frighten to attempt to learn them even though there is vast information available FOC in the internet.

Locals car owners are use to free visual ,hearing & feeling checks and they accumulate information by going from shops to shops and nobody will want to pay a min of s$35.00 for a diagnostic tests ( using specialty testing tools )to conform the source of the problem.

To survive in this cut-throat business where there is hardly any appreciation for professional work, mech will find the least resistance path to secure jobs and profits ( many over here term it as "carrot head" chopping).

The whole auto service industry will not be able to move up the skill ladder unless car owners are prepare to pay and support for professional honest jobs.

i, for one, is willing to support. however, i'm inclined to be disappointed at their "professionalism". in fact, if not for the fact i m a family man, i m willing to become one of these professionals, if given a chance to live young again. then again, it's a vicious cycle, whereby potential customers would rather choose the most competitively priced. if not, they are likely to quote some other ws pricing w/o much details about the work / issue. then when ws owners realized other ws doin same stuffs, they follow suit. in this realistic world, nothin seemed to matter except gaining the most within shortest period. then ws owner pay peanuts where any newbie mech will do. end result is such typical industry; it most likely is happening in almost every trade - my type of industry is not spared either.

i do agree electronic is smthg that is not easy to pickup, even i have certain resistance / fear despite being a dip holder. so not to mention the lesser educated. in addition, i realized working professionals in my arena also fear / very unfamiliar with simple calculus of rates & such.

got the issue solved.

guess what?

change fuel pump and relay.

call ah boon, but he cant take in my car coz busy, so my driver manage to find his own trusted mechanic and do the job.

Hi all, I'm driving lancer ex 1.5. Lately I face issue when starting the car. Occasionally, the car will take quite awhile to start

Previously this happen before, at times the car will crank but it takes a few second to start and when starting, the power seems weak. After a few time, the battery went dead.

After which i change my battery and after 6 months, this happens again. Long cranking before the car start up.

Any idea if its weak battery, faulty fuel pump, faulty injector or just a dirty fuel filter

Thanks

↡ Advertisement