Tampines Mall: flooded after heavy rain

Darthrevan

tampines-mall-2-dec-7-data.jpg

Thunderstorms across parts of Singapore on Sunday (Dec 7) led to sections of Tampines Mall being flooded.
Ms Chow May Kee, who called Channel NewsAsia’s hotline at about 3pm, said that the second and third floors of the mall were flooded after a heavy downpour, and there was water flowing down the staircase of the second level.
The National Environment Agency had earlier issued an advisory, warning that thunderstorms with gusty winds were expected over many areas of Singapore between 3.10pm and 4pm. The PUB also said that flash floods may occur.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

different hor. last time is outside flood. this time is inside flood. :D

inside also got flood lar.......hahaha...but we never take picture...... Edited by Eviilusion

Turbocharged

inside also got flood lar.......hahaha!

haha.... I experienced before as last time I stayed in kampong also. furniture start floating away....... :D

• Praise 4

haha.... I experienced before as last time I stayed in kampong also. furniture start floating away....... :D

i really enjoyed those time.....the scariest wan was in 78 (i think).....very big flood......whole kampung was adviced to temporary move! It rained non-stopped for a few days! 82/83 also we had 3 days of continous rain.....the jogging track in AMK ave 10 was flooded and i had a good time swimming in the jogging track......hahaha!

Turbocharged

i really enjoyed those time.....the scariest wan was in 78 (i think).....very big flood......whole kampung was adviced to temporary move! It rained non-stopped for a few days! 82/83 also we had 3 days of continous rain.....the jogging track in AMK ave 10 was flooded and i had a good time swimming in the jogging track......hahaha!

I remember the 78 flood. the water reach almost 1m at my kampong. I remember releasing paper boats that both me and my brother made. :D

I remember the 78 flood. the water reach almost 1m at my kampong. I remember releasing paper boats that both me and my brother made. :D

that wan i still remembered the water breaching into our house at around 5 pm.....at 9 nearly whole kampung evacuated to a neighbouring kampung....i still remember my late father carrying me......scary sia!

Turbocharged

that wan i still remembered the water breaching into our house at around 5 pm.....at 9 nearly whole kampung evacuated to a neighbouring kampung....i still remember my late father carrying me......scary sia!

actually, I more scared of fire instead of flood. there was once, 2 houses away from ours caught fire. my parents were busy carrying out all our valuables from our home. I can vividly recall how hot it was while I am typing this. [sweatdrop]

both my bro and I were housed to my relatives home that night......

whose house is dat? [sly]

picture taken from my front veranda....the flood was receding........thats why the auntie was distyrbing the water.....if not a thick sludge of mud will settle on the ground!

actually, I more scared of fire instead of flood. there was once, 2 houses away from ours caught fire. my parents were busy carrying out all our valuables from our home. I can vividly recall how hot it was while I am typing this. [sweatdrop]

both my bro and I were housed to my relatives home that night......

water and fire....deadly combo!
  • Praise 1

picture taken from my front veranda....the flood was receding........thats why the auntie was distyrbing the water.....if not a thick sludge of mud will settle on the ground!

water and fire....deadly combo!

Thanks for sharing, this pic of old tampines is precious memory [thumbsup]

• Praise 9

Thanks for sharing, this pic of old tampines is precious memory [thumbsup]

no prob....its near to Paya Lebar Airport......coconut and rubber plantation. The best yrs of my life!

I believe PUB did not mention flash floods at 2nd and 3rd floors.

Some fishes and snakes can be swimming around here.

Not so open?

You good runner and good swimmer? Local talent? Salute.

hahaha.....i cant swim........and i hate running as it reminds me of my ns days!

Lucky our house was on hill slope, not flooded. But access roads were flooded.

Mine also near Paya Lebar Airport.

wah....are we neighbours.......my kampung access rd was Jlan Hock Chye and Taman Tampenis Tiga now Defu lane!

Talking of paper boat, I also always fold paper boat and released into the drain when was kid staying in kampong.

• Praise 3

Mine Jalan Hock Chye itself after the cross junction at the small hilltop.

wah....i still remember it....that hilltop has 3 shops and we always go to the one runned by a baba lady we called Ahchan....she has been running a small shop at AMK 527 market eversince we moved! Great memories.....my primary school was Aroozoo.....got chance you go to the same school? That area controlled by a Chinese gang...i remembered them burning a shop due to some unhappiness!

Talking of paper boat, I also always fold paper boat and released into the drain when was kid staying in kampong.

same same......hahaya!