No resale value, would you buy?

Geniuspear

Im currently looking at a lancer ex gt manual which left abt less than 4 years life span. so far there already 3 owner to this vehicle. Was hoping to drive til scrap ( if i can lah ) but was told by many people that the moment this car go pass my hand can consider paper value cause no dealer will offer anything higher if i plan to sell and no buyer dare to buy because they will think 4 owner = car many problem. Somemore its manual which mean that resale is also low. Depre is at about 9.7k annually so not sure whether is worth it...

↡ Advertisement

Wah lao! Can get an Integra for less than 9.7k annual depreciation.

I got my AR156 for $5900 3 years ago.

Fast forward today, I just got my AR GT for $6200 per year.

Supply & Demand, thankfully I'm in love with ARs and not affected by the high price for now.

• Praise 2

At 9.7k depreciation, it is extremely overpriced.

Furthermore it is a manual. Lagi no value.

But seriously lancer GT? I'm sure there are many models much better than this.

Edited by Deividz
  • Praise 2

Hello bros,

I am also a driver who prefers a manual car but lately i find it is very difficult to sell off a manual car because it seems that the demand is now very low. I will suggest if you really want to buy a manual car and use it to the end, make sure you get a good bargain. Generally for that car a depreciation of $7k p.a. Is okay. If the car condition is good.

Turbocharged

Im currently looking at a lancer ex gt manual which left abt less than 4 years life span. so far there already 3 owner to this vehicle. Was hoping to drive til scrap ( if i can lah ) but was told by many people that the moment this car go pass my hand can consider paper value cause no dealer will offer anything higher if i plan to sell and no buyer dare to buy because they will think 4 owner = car many problem. Somemore its manual which mean that resale is also low. Depre is at about 9.7k annually so not sure whether is worth it...

lancer dep so high??? [shakehead]

• Praise 1

I got my AR156 for $5900 3 years ago.

Fast forward today, I just got my AR GT for $6200 per year.

Supply & Demand, thankfully I'm in love with ARs and not affected by the high price for now.

Getting your regular Japanese sedan car ain't worth it now unless they're offering the car at less than 5k per year.

Who the hell wants to pay 9k per year for a 2006 Altis? (Yes I hate the Altis. Always have, always will)

The car cost at most 60k when new.

The depreciation then, was less than 6k per year if you buy brand new.

Getting an AR does seem nice at that price as the first owner would have taken the bulk of the depreciation.

lancer dep so high??? [shakehead]

Dealer decides to jack up the price lor.

Edited by Fastfive1
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

a brand new Vios back in late 2008 or early 2009 is about $41K only.

Edited by Vega

a brand new Vios back in late 2008 or early 2009 is about $41K only.

They are selling between 40-50k for the same year u quoted above! If one were to buy a used jap brand car u sure drop pants.

I think the colder brands like Alfa Romeo, fiat, Saab, Renault might offer a better value compared to a Japan brand car. And yes, I think better stay clear of VW 7dsg too.

Turbocharged

They are selling between 40-50k for the same year u quoted above! If one were to buy a used jap brand car u sure drop pants.

I think the colder brands like Alfa Romeo, fiat, Saab, Renault might offer a better value compared to a Japan brand car. And yes, I think better stay clear of VW 7dsg too.

yalor. my 5 yr old ride now selling $170K brand new but dealer only want to take in $70K....... [thumbsdown]

I see most are asking around 45-55k for 2010 unit for megane while altis is a whopping 65-75k on sgcarmart. 20k difference if u insist on getting a japanese brand.

fluence is big though not pretty.

taxi somemore....

Fluence now got 1.5 diesel tc. I think is 115bhp and 240nm.

Getting your regular Japanese sedan car ain't worth it now unless they're offering the car at less than 5k per year.

Who the hell wants to pay 9k per year for a 2006 Altis? (Yes I hate the Altis. Always have, always will)

The car cost at most 60k when new.

The depreciation then, was less than 6k per year if you buy brand new.

Getting an AR does seem nice at that price as the first owner would have taken the bulk of the depreciation.

Dealer decides to jack up the price lor.

altis, do u feel that most of the time they hogs the road.

But I know some nice bros driving altis are kind people and courtesy drivers.

If can sell a Lancer to the next owner who has to fork out

9.7k depreciation, who says got no resale value.

Can you tell us how much is the car you want to buy.

I bet its a high price so it has very good resale value.

:D

↡ Advertisement