Recommend workshop to change car lighting to LTA compliance

BengGaBoy

Hi folks,

Today went to Viacom for inspection and failed. As I'm the 2nd owner, thus, I wasn't aware what did the previous owner did. Anyway, he has changed the front headlight to HID and LEDs for the rear and front-small light. So Viacom failed all the lighting related test section.

So do any folks have any workshop who is expert in this area and help me to get my car back to compliance ? I only afraid some workshop assume this and that, end-up, I fail again and have to re-do all over again. Worse, my road tax is expiring soon, so I need to get it done quickly.

Many thanks !

Cheers,

↡ Advertisement

Hi folks,

Today went to Viacom for inspection and failed. As I'm the 2nd owner, thus, I wasn't aware what did the previous owner did. Anyway, he has changed the front headlight to HID and LEDs for the rear and front-small light. So Viacom failed all the lighting related test section.

So do any folks have any workshop who is expert in this area and help me to get my car back to compliance ? I only afraid some workshop assume this and that, end-up, I fail again and have to re-do all over again. Worse, my road tax is expiring soon, so I need to get it done quickly.

Many thanks !

Cheers,

You can try autobac ubi as I had similar issue and the guys were able to install equivalent.

Good luck

Internal Moderator

Hi folks,

Many thanks !

Cheers,

Nightz Concepts at First Centre. Actually they specialize a lot on lighting mods but you can check if they are able to change it back to stock for you. Look for Dave.

Go to Nightz Concepts. They will help sort it out.

Hi folks,

Many thanks !

Cheers,

Many thanks for your kind input.

Btw, there are 2 branches of Nightz Concept (Serangoon and Woodlands), any particular site ?

Thanks

Cheers,

Btw, there are 2 branches of Nightz Concept (Serangoon and Woodlands), any particular site ?

Thanks

Cheers,

Babyblade mentioned First centre.

That should be the Serangoon Branch

Internal Moderator

Thanks

Cheers,

I suggest you give them a call first just to check if they are able to give you what you want.

It's not difficult. Just disconnect the bulb and from the ballast, Make sure your fingers do not touch the bulb(the static will damage it) or wear rubber gloves. Find out the size of the original bulbs (eg. H4, H7, H11 etc), buy a set and put it back in. Make sure at the fuse box the correct fuse is replaced from what the previous owner is using. Usually underneath the fuse box cover all the fuse map is displayed there. Lastly remove all the HID ballast.

Pole lights usually are twist and pull out or reach in to plug it out. It's usually the most easy, no gloves needed.

Rear light you might need a "+" head screwdriver to remove the light assembly to take out the LEDs.

You can learn a lot from Youtube. I know I did. LoL...

I DIY change the headlight bulbs to legal brighter halogens and pole lights to LEDs. The rest I dun touch and leave it stock.

• Praise 1

It's not difficult. Just disconnect the bulb and from the ballast, Make sure your fingers do not touch the bulb(the static will damage it) or wear rubber gloves. Find out the size of the original bulbs (eg. H4, H7, H11 etc), buy a set and put it back in. Make sure at the fuse box the correct fuse is replaced from what the previous owner is using. Usually underneath the fuse box cover all the fuse map is displayed there. Lastly remove all the HID ballast.

Pole lights usually are twist and pull out or reach in to plug it out. It's usually the most easy, no gloves needed.

Rear light you might need a "+" head screwdriver to remove the light assembly to take out the LEDs.

I DIY change the headlight bulbs to legal brighter halogens and pole lights to LEDs. The rest I dun touch and leave it stock.

but some cars got areas difficult to access directly, need to remove bumper blah blah etc.......

but once removed remember to align the rubber lining properly if not water go in jialat liow....

but some cars got areas difficult to access directly, need to remove bumper blah blah etc.......

but once removed remember to align the rubber lining properly if not water go in jialat liow....

Yeah. My previous car I also thought must remove front bumper and all dan I noticed I can actually just plug out the plastic wiper fluid tank and I can get access to the bulb. LoL...

I know some Renault cars need to remove tire to access the wheel arc well, remove the clips and cover to get to the headlights. *Faint*

Light bulb maybe cost $50 but labour cost $100. LoL... Just an example.

Edited by Watwheels

it's not difficult if pnp, but ts is aftemkt hid.

it's not difficult if pnp, but ts is aftemkt hid.

Anything is possible if you are determined and have the heart to do it.

Ppl tell me to not do this or do that but I have gone ahead and been there & did it. Like upgrading my front speakers. I bought the speakers, mounting plates, wire harness, bought them online coz I do not want to deal with dealers and installers. Watch youtube videos on how to go about doing it. And I'm enjoying my new speakers. LoL...

Hi folks,

Just an update, managed to go to Nightz Concept @ First Centre and get all my light back to compliance :) Finally passed my inspection and renewed my road tax liao :)

Damage is around S$50 to replace front light (big and small), disable fog light (since no replacement available in store), license plate light and reverse light.

The HID ballast basically still there, it's just disconnect and replace the lamp with compliance type.

Thanks for help bros.

Cheers,

↡ Advertisement