Honda Grace

Davidklt

I certainly won't want a model named after my neighbor or acquaintance.

I certainly won't want a previously recalled drivetrain combo.

Design is not graceful either.

Almera is damn ugly.

If there's smone called atb, then there's this car called atc.
↡ Advertisement

http://paultan.org/2014/11/01/honda-city-hybrid-unveiled-japan-honda-grace/

Honda City Hybrid unveiled in Japan as Honda Grace

The highly anticipated Honda City Hybrid has been unveiled in Japan, where it will be badged as the Honda Grace – a hybrid-only model. This is the same hybrid sedan model announced at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show, which has since been confirmed for the Malaysian market.

Revealed on Honda’s domestic website, the Grace looks pretty much identical to the 2014 Honda City that we know. It has a few unique bits though – the blue-tinged bar under the grille (a common theme among Honda’s hybrids), the option for twin-projector LED headlights, LED taillamps, and a small bootlid spoiler.

Top-spec versions get the same 16-inch wheels that we have here, while others get a new 15-inch design. Also visible are aeroblade-type windscreen wipers, as opposed to the conventional units on the City. Inside, changes are limited to a new set of instrument cluster and the small gearknob shared with the Jazz Hybrid.

Little has been revealed regarding what’s under the hood, other than that it’s a Sport Hybrid i-DCD (Intelligent Dual Clutch Drive) unit. It’s more than likely that it will be the same package offered on the Jazz Hybrid and Vezel/HR-V Hybrid models – a 110 PS/134 Nm 1.5 litre i-VTEC Atkinson-cycle engine and a 29.5 PS/160 Nm electric motor built into a seven-speed twin-clutch transmission.

Cooling vents for the lithium-ion battery can be seen by the rear seats, just like on the Civic Hybrid.

A locally-assembled Honda City Hybrid will enjoy tax-free privileges here in Malaysia, at least until the end of 2015 at current regulations. If it gets here in time, it should have a very interesting price range. Could it undercut the top-spec City 1.5 V’s RM90,800 price tag?

We’ll only know Japan pricing and further details for the new Grace Hybrid when the car hits the showrooms in early December this year.

Read more: http://paultan.org/2014/11/01/honda-city-hybrid-unveiled-japan-honda-grace/#ixzz3Lsgcv0li

• Praise 3

Guess Japan not doing well.

Think Honda's better seller currently is the Oddysey. I see that this is the most common new car on the road from Honda.

I also begin seeing PIs' Vezels more often.

I am wondering why not a lot of PIs consider bringing in the Honda Grace 1.5LX. It is basically the Honda City but with Vezel's 1.5 Direct Injection engine.

If it is priced attractively against the likes of Mazda 2 and Toyota Vios, I think it will attract a lot of budget car buyers.

• Praise 1

I am wondering why not a lot of PIs consider bringing in the Honda Grace 1.5LX. It is basically the Honda City but with Vezel's 1.5 Direct Injection engine.

If it is priced attractively against the likes of Mazda 2 and Toyota Vios, I think it will attract a lot of budget car buyers.

Might be a case of more hassle free experience with AD KM paying around 5k more at current pricing, versus PI experience and having more horses and torque.

Did a simple comparison and it seems like Grace is lacking some features namely cruise control, Bluetooth, reverse sensors and camera.

Of course this can go further whether installing after market will go beyond the 5k difference.

So in summary, more hassle free?

• Praise 1

http://www.hondacity.sg/

According to Kah Motor website, there is a "new" City coming. I suspect could be a re-batched Grace from J

I feel if it is using the same engine as Jazz 1.5l... it possible else it will just the higher specs that come with paddle shift..

• Praise 1

(edited)

http://www.hondacity.sg/

According to Kah Motor website, there is a "new" City coming. I suspect could be a re-batched Grace from Japan.

Nope still the MIT City, just that the existing model is now the high spec SV trim and they introduce a lower V trim with features removed (no touchscreen, no push button start, 15-inch rims, no electrical retractable door mirrors, etc). More importantly, still the same older 120bhp 1.5-liter engine.

http://www.honda.com.sg/cars/city/pdf/City_2016.pdf

Read on news there may be an actual facelifted City being launch in the end of this year, maybe can expect it to arrive next year.

Edited by Thecarboy302
  • Praise 1

LCR is Lion City Rental? They have PI business?

Honestly don't know if they do regular PI sales. What I do know is they have a scheme for Uber/Grab cars. Lower DP, higher installament, etc. Now got don't know what rent 6 months free 6 weeks promo going on.

Honestly don't know if they do regular PI sales. What I do know is they have a scheme for Uber/Grab cars. Lower DP, higher installament, etc. Now got don't know what rent 6 months free 6 weeks promo going on.

Thank you.

I thought Grace is a better car than City and other similar models. FC is better, engine is better than City, 2nd row AC, Japan made, decent interior, leg space and boot space, less than $100k. Just that I think this car falls under Cat B cos it is 130BHP although is a 1.5L road tax?

If is hybrid I think FC is much better. Wanted to test drive it.

Thank you.

I thought Grace is a better car than City and other similar models. FC is better, engine is better than City, 2nd row AC, Japan made, decent interior, leg space and boot space, less than $100k. Just that I think this car falls under Cat B cos it is 130BHP although is a 1.5L road tax?

If is hybrid I think FC is much better. Wanted to test drive it.

Description looks good. However, PIs usually do not have test drive units, thus no test drives. Your best bet is borrowing from someone you know if they bought this car.

Edited by Genes

LCR is Lion City Rental? They have PI business?

Most likely they requested PI to bring Grace Hybrid in as LCR got a fat wallet and volume to buy wholesale from PI. My PI also imports and sell cars to LCR. Lots of cars are sold to LCR for each COE bidding. Pretty scaring if you calculate the total costs of purchasing the cars each bidding.

↡ Advertisement