LTA's most useless teksi app EVER!

Soya

Stupid app only makes you more pissed by telling you how many taxis are refusing to pick up any passengers because they are all hiding and waiting for passengers who call -in to book.

• Praise 1

But is LTA in the business or have the objective of releasing an app for booking of taxis in the first place? Shouldn't that be an investment by the taxi companies? I don't think LTA did anything wrong leh, just that there is a mismatch in expectations, no? I'm not sure, but Uber, Hailo etc is set up to make money? If LTA releases an app like that to make money, will people be happy?

• Praise 1

For monitoring and data gathering, may be useful. Don't it's objective is to be a grabtaxi alternative.

Agree, much as I hate LTA. If the purpose of this app is as stated ' for information on Taxi locations/availability' and not for booking. It fulfills the aim.

Tells you taxi location only mah. Available but the farker rather wait for calls. Might as wel don't tell me where they are or I might just empty a tray of eggs on their windscreen when I catch them hiding.

Just do what HK does with their taxi license. The problem will solve itself.

Taxi license there cost nearly a million bucks. That's why taxi drivers there chiong for customers instead of playing hide & seek.

They have much lesser taxis than us and are as densely populated as us but their taxis as a whole make more trips than ours.

Our taxis here can even be used as private cars and weekdays can see so many cabs at RWS and MBS car parks.

• Praise 1

Tells you taxi location only mah. Available but the farker rather wait for calls. Might as wel don't tell me where they are or I might just empty a tray of eggs on their windscreen when I catch them hiding.

Taxi license there cost nearly a million bucks. That's why taxi drivers there chiong for customers instead of playing hide & seek.

They have much lesser taxis than us and are as densely populated as us but their taxis as a whole make more trips than ours.

Our taxis here can even be used as private cars and weekdays can see so many cabs at RWS and MBS car parks.

I didn't bother wasting my limited data to download this crap. But I hope it shows the license numbers of the taxis. This way, when lim peh call for cab and neither of the available cabs take my booking, lim peh will screen shot and send to LTA and ask, "Why liddat?!"

• Praise 4

The monitors in the taxi is more than a stock broker liao, one tablet for every app whole dashboard full of tablets.

taxi driver business now getting bigger!

Hmmmm.....maybe this weekend can check the app again. Sure can see many cabs at RWS.....parked n stationary for many hours at the carpark.

like that how can comfort delgro make $? in other words, here the garmen rather concentrate wealth than spread it out... sounds familiar right?

OK, admittedly it is of limited usability, but it can be useful for those in ulu places. One look then can decide whether it's worth waiting for cab or not.

I going to invent the next app

How many passengers flaggin around ur area. If alot then don't bother to flag, most likely taken before you

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3