• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 91 praises

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

Geniuspear
  • Geniuspear
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just purchased my mark x not too long ago... was reading online and realise that mark x beside standard oil change need to change rear axle oil... asked ex owner and he say he nv do that before. he also told me that his spark plug not changed since day 1 as can last 100k. Current milage is 115k. No wonder the car is very sluggish... now i thinking he prolly skip many other required maintenance for mark x... 

Was wondering any fellow X owner here can enlighten me and the estimation for the cost so that wont kana chop carrot.

Thanks!

1 Anonymous member praised this
Market leader in industrial vehicle leasing

https://www.facebook.com/CVleasing/

Support us!

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

All depends if u hv a trusted workshop u go to every time............ if u like to hop workshop to workshop then hv to do more price checking fm different workshop.

Off hand I only can recommend Auto Wheels at No1, Bt Batok Cres, #02-38, WCEGA, Singapore 658064 (Tel 6679 4101). Look for Louis or Ah Ming.

Good luck, cheers [:)]

Live Well 😊

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:22 AM

Sei_fei_loh
  • Premium member
    Sei_fei_loh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Can consider to go Chin Auto in Sin Ming. Many Mark X and IS250 go to him. He is especially familiar with these 2 models. Price wise is reasonable.
Toothiewabbit, Holdenutessv, Geniuspear and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

TS, thumb rule when u get resale car.

Change all the liquid in the car.

Example : brake fluid,steering fluid, coolant, engine oil etc

Change spark plug, check brake pad and rotor.

get the parts from Ric tat at owen road. I went down two days ago. Boss going for holidays. call b4 you go down.

Geniuspear praised this

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Can consider to go Chin Auto in Sin Ming. Many Mark X and IS250 go to him. He is especially familiar with these 2 models. Price wise is reasonable.

I'll second that, Chin knows the characteristics of this family of cars (Lexus IS/GS, Toyota Mark X/Crown) well. If you want to save some money and if you know what spares you need, you can even buy your own parts and he will just charge you labour.

Bring some yellow coolant to quench his thirst and he will be even more pleased with you... :)

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just purchased my mark x not too long ago... was reading online and realise that mark x beside standard oil change need to change rear axle oil... asked ex owner and he say he nv do that before. he also told me that his spark plug not changed since day 1 as can last 100k. Current milage is 115k. No wonder the car is very sluggish... now i thinking he prolly skip many other required maintenance for mark x... 

Was wondering any fellow X owner here can enlighten me and the estimation for the cost so that wont kana chop carrot.

Thanks!

TS, I hope you would have gotten all the basic maintenance stuff done on your X by now. You should have changed 3 oils (engine, gearbox, axle $150-$200+ depending on type of engine oil), changed plugs (costs $200+), decarbonising ($150+), changed oil/air/aircon filters. No timing belt to worry about though.

Check condition of brake rotor/pads, shock absorbers, suspension arms and bushes, rear axle bushes, engine/gearbox mounts and wheel bearings. Then do a 4-wheel alignment.

Your 1st comprehensive service should set you back about $700-$1000.

Don't know what you mean by the car being very sluggish, cos it shouldn't be, with 212bhp and 260Nm of torque.

If you need more advice post here or PM me. I know the Mark X quite well, having owned one before.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

April 2006 Toyota mark x for sale high OMV. 2 owner
9657 0408

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

Zmwang
  • Premium member
    Zmwang
    Clutched
    Author Image

TS, I hope you would have gotten all the basic maintenance stuff done on your X by now. You should have changed 3 oils (engine, gearbox, axle $150-$200+ depending on type of engine oil), changed plugs (costs $200+), decarbonising ($150+), changed oil/air/aircon filters. No timing belt to worry about though.

Check condition of brake rotor/pads, shock absorbers, suspension arms and bushes, rear axle bushes, engine/gearbox mounts and wheel bearings. Then do a 4-wheel alignment.

Your 1st comprehensive service should set you back about $700-$1000.

Don't know what you mean by the car being very sluggish, cos it shouldn't be, with 212bhp and 260Nm of torque.

If you need more advice post here or PM me. I know the Mark X quite well, having owned one before.

Spark plugs for $200+? I would rather buy parts and change it at the WS @ upper Thomson road Caltex with labour roughly ard $20

Edited by Zmwang, 23 March 2015 - 01:02 PM.

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:37 AM

Symrise
  • Symrise
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone selling mark x pm me

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyone selling mark x pm me

Pm you

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

Trex101
  • Trex101
    6th Gear
    Author Image

New improved spark plugs model for Toyota 2.5L and 3.5L GR series engine.

The 0.4mm tip Denso Iridium TT

Attached Thumbnails

• IKBH20TT.jpg

Edited by Trex101, 12 July 2016 - 09:26 AM.

<b>My Orange Ford Territory Ghia - Philips Xtreme Vision 130+, NGK ZFR6FIX-11 Iridium, Redline 0w30, Redline Racing ATF, Redline Heavy Weight Shockproof </b>

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:53 PM

John00022
  • John00022
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, im driving toyota camry now, planning to up grade to mark x, can share some info with me about mark x need to pay more attention on what commons issue and etc... thanks all x owner.

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:50 AM

Safetycar
  • Safetycar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi ... 

May I help ?

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

timmy8386
  • timmy8386
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi All,
I brought this Toyota mark x 2004 basic model .Excellent car apart from recently the engine check lights started to go ,got it diagnosed and found out the oxygen sensor is stuffed.Just trying to find the part number for it ,anyone got any idea.
Thanks In Advance.

Timmy

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

Boxster
  • Premium member
    Boxster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Try this http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

男人不坏女人不爱
男人有钱就变坏
女人变坏就有钱

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:52 PM

timmy8386
  • timmy8386
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,
I brought this Toyota mark x 2004 basic model .Excellent car apart from recently the engine check lights started to go ,got it diagnosed and found out the oxygen sensor is stuffed.Just trying to find the part number for it ,anyone got any idea.
Thanks In Advance.

Timmy

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

S4vtec
  • Premium member
    S4vtec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Spark plugs for $200+? I would rather buy parts and change it at the WS @ upper Thomson road Caltex with labour roughly ard $20

Its a V engine, lug replacement not so straightforward, labour should be around 80

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

Guohui_23
  • Guohui_23
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

any reliable workshop for mark x ?

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Vinepro
  • Premium member
    Vinepro
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi,

anyone driving the current Toyota Mark X? Don't see any on the road. Wanna know the FC for this model as its a V6.

http://www.sgcarmart...p?CarCode=11337

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

Qaz20
  • Premium member
    Qaz20
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi All,
Thanks In Advance.

Timmy

Guess u have already settled this. Had my O2 sensor failed as well. New ones cost about 150-180 per pc before labour.

I got mine changed in jb for RM150. Inclusive of used parts from scrap yards n labour.

Hi,
anyone driving the current Toyota Mark X? Don't see any on the road. Wanna know the FC for this model as its a V6.

http://www.sgcarmart...p?CarCode=11337

Not sure about the new model, but seems like engine n gearbox setup didn't change much. FC should still be similar to the old model which is about 9-10km/L.

I believe lesser new ones on the road cos the new look seems less appealing and unique compared to the old ones. And price wise, when the old model was launched, it cost sub 100k for a new one when coe was like 13k.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

E-Rev Motor Sports LLP

E-Rev Motor Sports LLP  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by PatzGoh  |  Clutched

Went down few days back to purchase spring stifferner install from them. And suppose to install reverse camera, but after viewing, couldn't be done. Friendly guys and not those pushy types. Will definitely recommend to friends and family.

Han Revolution

Han Revolution  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Zexen24  |  Neutral Newbie

I was changing my car from Honda Jazz to Civic and went down to this shop to dismantle and refitting my in-car camera and active subwoofer. Was glad that I went to this outlet for the service as they were able to complete the service within an hour in two Saturday. Fast and everything were well done too! Will go back to this outlet for future services! :) » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, mark x, servicing and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users