Anyone driving the M235i coupe?

Piyopico

The reviews are mostly good. Like some BMW rediscovered it's roots. Reviews on 4 series coupe are mixed though.

Munich Auto selling 235i at 140k without COE. Dunno the specs though. Means with COE 210k thereabouts?

Understand there is a 228i version but I cannot find any for sale. Looks like we dun have it here unless special indent.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The price is a bare car without any niceties. Or as I was told, you get four wheels, an engine and a car. To get an auto box will require an 18k top up, IIRC. On my own calculations, I will have to spend about 220-230k for a reasonable spec plus COE (excluding auto box).

• Praise 1

hahaha ... toyota also got 4 wheels + engine + the body ... lol

you get four wheels, an engine and a car

Edited by Wt_know

The reviews are mostly good. Like some BMW rediscovered it's roots. Reviews on 4 series coupe are mixed though.

Munich Auto selling 235i at 140k without COE. Dunno the specs though. Means with COE 210k thereabouts?

Understand there is a 228i version but I cannot find any for sale. Looks like we dun have it here unless special indent.

The "back to basics or rediscovered it's roots" tag have been so overplayed it gets stale.

The M cars get heavier with each new generation. The latest 3er Ms have dropped weight a little but they are still heavy.

Buy the car for what it's worth now and don't look back because time has moved. Cars these days are so much better and faster. I don't get the Internet roar about losing the soul and blah blah blah.

• Praise 1

I believe a full spec up car should be around 250k.

The "back to basics or rediscovered it's roots" tag have been so overplayed it gets stale.

The M cars get heavier with each new generation. The latest 3er Ms have dropped weight a little but they are still heavy.

Buy the car for what it's worth now and don't look back because time has moved. Cars these days are so much better and faster. I don't get the Internet roar about losing the soul and blah blah blah.

Getting heavier is something i don't like about BMW nowadays.

Back to basics does not work here unless it is MT.

• Praise 1

Really dunno what to go for. I like the 428i coupe but my wife wants 4 door. So I show her the 428i gran coupe but she say luxury spec too much chrome. I like the sports version but the all red interior,red dashboard,trims, seats and the full works really too jiaklat to accept. Benz she say too chinese boss pattern, 5 series also she dun like. Sian.

Think I make her take mrt.....

• Praise 3

So when is yours reaching our shores? :ph34r:

based on review ... M235i is really awesome ... a lot of punch and fast

228i is sweet ... no lack of power and fun to drive with a good balance of power delivery

if $$ is no problem of course M235i else soup up a 228i also not bad ...

Edited by Wt_know

Yes, cars are much better nowadays, any stupid ah beng also can go fast.

Soul is more important, speed can be bought so easily with money. 😛😜

• Praise 2

Best you work out your needs/wants first before you decide which is the car for you (family, maintenance cost etc).

But if you already have a main family car and this is like an extra family fun car then well.... go nuts [bounce1]

Only 220i is listed wor. If have I think it is a better ride than 428i.......

based on review ... M235i is really awesome ... a lot of punch and fast

228i is sweet ... no lack of power and fun to drive with a good balance of power delivery

if $$ is no problem of course M235i else soup up a 228i also not bad ...

Someone told me that Mini Cooper JCW is a better drive than M235.

↡ Advertisement