Big Box Retail Warehouse Opens in Jurong East Today

Boringchap

when the high speed rail (HSR) terminal is built at jurong ... huat again ah!!!

property no $2000psf no talk ...

the place that bird no lay egg has turn into expensive birdnest ...

Jurong big prospects, iskandar malaysia is a joke

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

About 1 million plus stay in the west

I do agree though family size shrink but this kind of store makes people feel the products there cheap when u buy there

maybe afew families can come together and do a group buy. [:)]

i dont like to buy in bulk...most of the time when i buy things in advanced due to sales, i end up not using them!!

i brought 3 tyr googles in sales. cheap model but the quality also cheapo...the rubber pad came off by itself while the TYR i brought in store, higher end model and more exp still last me very long!

Edited by Babyt

buy household items la ... detergent, shampoo, toothpaste, tissue & paper roll, etc

sure use one ... don't buy things that going to use once-a-while ... buy more means keep until expired only ... lol

last heard the best selling items from bigbox yesterday was "diaper" !!! 30% discount .... parent buy in 10-20 packets ...

this one sure no wastage [laugh]

i dont like to buy in bulk...most of the time when i buy things in advanced due to sales, i end up not using them!!

i brought 3 tyr googles in sales. cheap model but the quality also cheapo...the rubber pad came off by itself while the TYR i brought in store, higher end model and more exp still last me very long!

Edited by Wt_know

buy household items la ... detergent, shampoo, toothpaste, tissue & paper roll, etc

sure use one ... don't buy things that going to use once-a-while ... buy more means keep until expired only ... lol

last heard the best selling items from bigbox yesterday was "diaper" !!! 30% discount .... parent buy in 10-20 packets ...

this one sure no wastage [laugh]

problem is storage. Houses getting smaller thesedays, how to buy "stocks" once a year in bulk?

• Praise 1

true true ... each time when my wife bought groceries home and said got promotion

i told her ... anything more than 2 packets is excessive liao ...

promo come and go ... don't have to whack so many just because of promo ... it's a gimmick ...

problem is storage. Houses getting smaller thesedays, how to buy "stocks" once a year in bulk?

Edited by Wt_know

someetimes u buy food in bulk, u r forced to finish them even u r bored w the taste already. haha

worse is when the offer is for short expiry..

Edited by Babyt

yalor ... especially when promo to buy 2 x packs frozen food

then die die have to eat even though sibei sianz liao

no buy no eat ... buy more eat more

it's a SCAM ... lol

someetimes u buy food in bulk, u r forced to finish them even u r bored w the taste already. haha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

yalor ... especially when promo to buy 2 x packs frozen food

then die die have to eat even though sibei sianz liao

no buy no eat ... buy more eat more

it's a SCAM ... lol

Depends on individual la. For me I don't mind it this way cuz I cook the same things for my meals every week. So I can go through these packs quite fast. So if the offer is good I don't mind to buy more.

Using the figures from the article it says the building cost 320 million for 1.3 Million square feet built up that works out to be a rough cost of 250 psf ppr, since its industrial space land lease should be cheap as well.

The flip side is they can use the space for retail, 250 psf ppr for building cost is cheap compared to an actual cost of building a properly zoned commercial retail building. IMM Retail rental is about 25 - 35 psf (but likely has gone up), if this big box company charges say 10 bucks psf for retail space, using their 1.3M sq feet of space that is about 156M per year, of course without the interest charge and land lease cost, tax etc cannot really work out final net margins.

Judging from the IMM crowds I won't be surprise if this place gets a good portion of that audience.

I mean all these are just really rough sums, I could be very wrong would appreciate some views if so.

The rental for such a big area is going to be a killer. Another killer factor is the fact that not many people in Singapore have their own cars to transport their purchases.

Costco's concept is much better. Their brands are great. They have their own house brand (Kirkland) which is good and cheap. They sell other brands for a great price. They sell everything one needs from birth till death : diapers, milk => caskets! (I kid you not!). Fresh food (vegetable, fruit, meat, seafood) also available. Their membership card purchased in one country can be used worldwide.

• Praise 1

Was there around 1plus PM today, the Food Court still need some improvements. Some stalls not opened yet. Tables not cleared.

Chairs not enough. Quite chaotic. In the end walk to JEM food coourt but dam supper jam packed, cannot find seats - 4 adults. End up go Dim Xiao Er. haha...

Just open online shop la

Got Redmart already. Their investors financial backing is quite strong.

Using the figures from the article it says the building cost 320 million for 1.3 Million square feet built up that works out to be a rough cost of 250 psf ppr, since its industrial space land lease should be cheap as well.

The flip side is they can use the space for retail, 250 psf ppr for building cost is cheap compared to an actual cost of building a properly zoned commercial retail building. IMM Retail rental is about 25 - 35 psf (but likely has gone up), if this big box company charges say 10 bucks psf for retail space, using their 1.3M sq feet of space that is about 156M per year, of course without the interest charge and land lease cost, tax etc cannot really work out final net margins.

Judging from the IMM crowds I won't be surprise if this place gets a good portion of that audience.

I mean all these are just really rough sums, I could be very wrong would appreciate some views if so.

Think Big Box own the whole building. No need to pay rent. It's a one time capex.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1