Big Box Retail Warehouse Opens in Jurong East Today

Boringchap

These kind of warehouse selling is nothing new. Last time IMM also used the same concept. Somehow it did not pick up. Guess the volume of sales is not sustain the concept. Let's see how it works this time...

it still will not work this time cos now there is internet shopping :D

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

it still will not work this time cos now there is internet shopping :D

I havent tried internet grocery shopping yet but there seem to be limited products online. I guess supermarkets won't be keen to offer this as they will lose lots of impulse buys.

Tyres from Tyres queen. Workshop opening upstairs soon. But think you still can buy and DIY the tyre change.

Their tyres also not that cheap leh, got AL and Kim hoe. No need to buy from them

Turbocharged

true true ... each time when my wife bought groceries home and said got promotion

i told her ... anything more than 2 packets is excessive liao ...

promo come and go ... don't have to whack so many just because of promo ... it's a gimmick ...

Wah...

At one point I had about two dozen 1.15 kg tins of dog food stacked in the bomb shelter (use about one every two days) along with about 8 packets of baby milk powder (about one every 3 days)...

Is easy for the stuff to build up...

If on promo, buy buy buy lor.....so far away...

got tyre and rims , in the same level as the supermarket, one of the lanes . . . .

-------quoted from report -----

Big Box is poised to serve the larger Jurong community which, Ms Tong-Sng says, has about 1.2 million residents, a figure which includes those staying in Bukit Batok and Clementi. Citing market research done by the company, she adds that there is also a "mobile population of about 1.2 million people from the 2,200-odd factories in the area".

Then there is Singapore's first drive-through option for shoppers to pick up goods - only non-perishables - ordered online from the hypermarket. Drivers can head to service bays in Basement One to pick up their items, which will also be pre-packed.

Or they can buy services such as bus rides to Kuala Lumpur, music lessons for children and entrance tickets to attractions - all at discounted prices.

Customers can also buy car tyres, which can be fitted on the spot. They can check out what wheels to buy in the tyre section of the hypermarket - the first Singapore store to have this option.

See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/more-lifestyle-stories/story/new-megastore-big-box-opens-jurong-east-today-20141227#sthash.AiW9pCaQ.dpuf

Heh....wheels in the tyre section!!

Sounds like fun, I wonder if can also buy diaphragms in the condom section....

Or am I just being overly harsh?

Not surprising that the crowds at Joo Koon NTUC is thin. They are the most ulu hypermart now.

They better have something else there which will make people go there and then drop by NTUC.

There are lots of F&B, one of which is a pretty big seafood restaurant - House of Seafood.

The F&B are hoping for business from people shopping there. Is NTUC hoping for people to go there to eat and then shop?

seriously, having a tyre shop in BB is a plus.

sometimes, we may need to change tyres urgently or fix a nail poke problem, it is convenient to go there. put the car there and go jalan jalan in aircon comfort.

• Praise 1

seriously, having a tyre shop in BB is a plus.

sometimes, we may need to change tyres urgently or fix a nail poke problem, it is convenient to go there. put the car there and go jalan jalan in aircon comfort.

what if they charge $20 to patch a tyre?

These kind of warehouse selling is nothing new. Last time IMM also used the same concept. Somehow it did not pick up. Guess the volume of sales does not sustain the concept. Let's see how it works this time...

Thats why i said before, this big box might end up like IMM, convert the place into another shopping mall few years down the road.

Wah...

At one point I had about two dozen 1.15 kg tins of dog food stacked in the bomb shelter (use about one every two days) along with about 8 packets of baby milk powder (about one every 3 days)...

Is easy for the stuff to build up...

If on promo, buy buy buy lor.....so far away...

You guys got watch extreme couponing reality show.. Their buy and buy till the basement is like a minimart.

if puntured also bo bian must let them earn.

Patched already then come here kbkp... :D

kpkb to boycott that place [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

You guys got watch extreme couponing reality show.. Their buy and buy till the basement is like a minimart.

Really extreme. After that they will need a warehouse inventory system, otherwise they won't know what they have, and what's about to expire.

Heck, can even build a walk-in freezer for frozen food if they buy that much.

Really extreme. After that they will need a warehouse inventory system, otherwise they won't know what they have, and what's about to expire.

Heck, can even build a walk-in freezer for frozen food if they buy that much.

looking from left right top bottom, BB is not a well planned operations... [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

S'porean are too pampered!! If the environment not nice or really like warehouse, not many people will turn up. Because shopping is considered a pastime here not a chore like going marketing. So the overall experience is very important.